Discussion Consistent Mc

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ishaan, Jun 29, 2020.

1. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok, any generic wuxia/xianxia novel mc is like Harvey Dent. On one side, there is all the kindness and hero-attitude (i see suffering !! i must stop it !!) and on the other hand it's all face slaps and kill you for insulting me bs(courting death!!). I want to open a discussion about novels with characters that have consistent attitudes.

2. unkxz

unkxz Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    reading this makes me thinking of Reverend Insanity Chapter 1673.

Edit: It's hard to have a discussion about consistent without it being a spoiler.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2020
  3. NO-USERNAME

NO-USERNAME Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Worlds’ Apocalypse Online, it isnt a wuxia but its kind of there.

4. deepon

deepon One who inevitably awakens

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, as they say, the MC is only as consistent as their plot allows them to be. Most MC are usually only nice to the weak characters, and bitch-slapping the ones who are relatively strong and proud asses.I think Coiling Dragon handled this problem well, by not having proud asshole characters that looked down on the MC or at least I don't remember any, which is just as good. The same goes for World of Cultivation to some extent. Face slaps are okay once or twice for comedic effect, but when it goes to the level of Nine Star hegemon body arts, which has nothing but face-slapping, it gets boring. I think the problem of excessive face-slapping stems from the basic story structure of these novels where the MC just moves from one social structure(sect/school) to another with the same structure but a different name and power level. So much of the sub plot also repeat and so does the side character traits. Its like a repeated cliche.
    Or maybe the chinese authors just love the concept of face-slapping after being underestimated.

otaku31 likes this.
  5. Chuki Yuuki

Chuki Yuuki *lags in reading but keep farming in games*

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's this novel I am reading where he transmigrated into a fatuous and self- indulgent emperor, but since he transmigrated he basically changed the emperor's character but he's been consistent since. This is BL btw so it might be not your cup of tea :sweating_profusely: and it's not exactly wuxia, but yeah, it's there~

6. ishaan

ishaan I Eat Potatoes

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah i'm sorry i forgot about that. i'm new:facepalm: