Contracted To Merlin

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by TerraCeline, Jun 13, 2016.

1. TerraCeline

TerraCeline Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hi, I'm Terra and I'm writing an original story which can be found at my newly created blog. I'm just looking for a little feedback and also recommendations of where to possibly post.

https://readitforterra.wordpress.com/2016/06/13/blog-post-title-2/

Synopsis: A girl by the name of Harmony Reynolds has spent most of her life hiding her gift which lets her see creatures of fantasy, fairies, trolls, even ghosts. When Merlin comes into her life, things spiral out of control quickly and she must use every bit of the knowledge she's gained about the fantasy creatures to keep up her normal life. This is the self-discovery of a girl who is not normal figuring out that it's okay for her to be so, thanks to friends she picks up along the way. However...when working with Merlin, you must always be careful of striking a deal as Harmony will find out.

2. Viken

Viken Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds interesting. Is Merlin going to be the traditional old-man type or something else? There are several variations of Merlin's mythology, so you have a few to choose from. Lol. I'm partial to him being half-Daemon myself. Just try to stay away from mainstream religion though. You could get very bad responses from that subject.

3. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Post chapters here on NU or royalroadl.com and remember you will need to ignore harsh criticism.

Geor and TerraCeline like this.
  4. TerraCeline

TerraCeline Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Merlin is set to be OP, but with a sleazy businessman-like persona which runs the magical world Harmony can see.

Thanks for the advice. I'm about to head off to sleep tonight, but I'll try linking here tomorrow. Also, I have a few more chapters to upload.

5. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You should also check out a few of the older movies about Camelot, just avoid the movie "Excalibur" and "A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court" they have the worst versions of Merlin, though "Excalibur" is closer to the original works

TerraCeline likes this.
  6. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't remember if Merlin was in it but "A Kid in King Arthur's Court." Was possibly the worst Arthurian movie ever created and should be watched as a cautionary tail or as a form of cruel torture.

Good Luck Terra.

TerraCeline and Geor like this.
  7. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    saddly it was a rip of Connecticut Yankee, the movie version with Bing Crosby I mentioned Not to be confused with the Mark Twain book which was fantastic, though even there he basically turned Merlin in to a stage magician too

8. Goblin

Goblin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hm Merlin on Netflix was a good show, give it a watch might help u.

TerraCeline likes this.
  9. Stormingtiger101

Stormingtiger101 Procrastinator ○

Reading List:
    Link
    'Harsh Criticism' meaning someone being harsh of tone while critiquing; or someone just saying: "Fuck you, your fucking moron who can't do anything right!" If it's the latter then yes ignore it. However, if the former then i would say that's bad advice. No matter how harsh the tone may be if the critiques are adequate: then you should read the review; identify the problem; then try an solve the problem; rinse and repeat.

10. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Its definitely the former which will come loudly and often. I wouldn't consider constructive criticism as harsh in most cases. Blatant ripping of ideas to fuel personal ego on the other hand should be ignored or flambayed.

TerraCeline likes this.
  11. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Just about anything from that Era was generally corny to the extreme. Anything with Bing Crosby was produced as a gimmicks to sing and dance. Which popular at the time thankfully died a slow agonizing death until Disney resurrected that poor zombie strain like form of blight of humanity...err entertainment, yeah definitely meant entertainment.

Geor and TerraCeline like this.