Discussion CoPW/general pace problem

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by reanox, Dec 8, 2017.

1. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, for context, from time to time when it pops up, I am checking for the progress/pace of CoPW ( Chronicles of Primordial Wars) to see if there's enough stacked up for me to continue reading. So, just now I went to see about whether or not there was any change in pace/maybe a patreon but sadly, it's still deadass slow and they still insist on using their own "subscription system" which basically no one uses hence the slow pace.

Furthermore, on the latest release, I saw a comment half complaining half thanking the translator for the slow pace but continued translations. Lesyt replied, saying that the pace is based on the amount of subscriptions. And that is what got me kind of mad, since apparently, imo, they don't understand how to increase the popularity of their story, even after being in the business for such a long time. I'm creating this thread since I want faster releases, because honestly, I, as well as many other people, won't bother reading at this pace even though I really like the story. I'd even be willing to support their patreon should they decide to finally get one. The thing that got me mad is that they insist on doing slow pace AND insisting on the sub system, which is simply not a good choice. Since they are giving the option, it shows that they would be willing to up their pace should there be financial support. If so, then how can they not see that going slow and not even offering patreon is simply never gonna work out? You need to pace hard right from the start and have a patreon at the ready for the people to donate with attractive incentives. This way, even far below average stories have managed to achieve some degree of success. Of course, I understand that it would be hard for them at the beginning since they need to invest quite a bit of time with meagre compensation at the beginning, but that's just how it works. You need to invest for there to be gains in this industry right now. I'm willing to bet, that after some weeks/1-2 months there would be a huge increase in popularity and monetary support. But, continuing on like this, they will just keep on snail mode and interest will be constantly low. Quite a few novels suffer from this same problem, sadly.

Also, I just want to add that their website design is just beyond garbage. The worst I have EVER seen in this community.

So, this has ended up being huge and long ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). I only wrote this in the first place since I really enjoyed the story so far.

Still, if anyone has read through it all, what do you think? Also, I don't want any wanna be white knights defending them with some shit arguments . I don't want so see following keywords: LEACHER, HOBBY, BLABLA. Seriously, don't. I don't care. Like I said, I am willing to pledge, just not to some useless subscription system that no one cares about.

2. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    I got through half of it y-y-you you LEACHER, HOBBY, BLABLA!
    Seriously though I think their subscription thing is stupid too but I’m also the type that can shelve a novel for a year and then get back to it and binge read so it doesn’t piss me off as much as it has you I guess

3. Relken

Relken Unknown Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Tldr

reanox likes this.
  4. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
    TLDR, but i won't follow or support if releases are slower than a constipated bowel movement. :blobunsure:

reanox likes this.
  5. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well yeah, problem is that after shelving for half a year there's barely any new chapters out..

6. Saitama.sensei

Saitama.sensei [[xiantian lifeform]]

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I know lol, it’s been put on hold (for me) for the past 8 months and there’s like 80+ chapters out since then

reanox likes this.
  7. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That's the problem. TL's need to realise that to really get something out of it they need to invest quite a bit of their day daily to attract readers and pledges, which benefits both TL's and readers in the long run. Still, some people apparently just don't realise that

8. Lordie Grim

Lordie Grim Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree with you. I do not understand why they use this bad subscription system. If they want to earn money, then they have to pick up their translating speed. I support translators via patreon but I also demand at least 1 chapter per day + extra chapters for patrons

reanox likes this.
  9. reanox

reanox Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, it would benefit everyone if they adapted to how the translation scene is right now, faster pace for us and finally financial support for them. How things stand right now I don't think they earn significantly more than what it costs to keep the page up. Not an ideal situation. I will link them this thread in the comments on their site, they might even bother reading it. Then they will either think about it, or completely ignore it, who knows ^^

10. lesytxyz

lesytxyz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The REASON we are going for the subscription system is because I, the owner of the site, am paying the translator to translate every single chapter, and it isn't cheap, and also edit every chapter.
    The first 1 year I payed almost 1k out of my pocket, and since the subscription, I didn't have to do that anymore and was still able to deliver you CoPW.

The subscriptions ARE increasing, as i have been able to give you 3 chapters a month for the past 3 months. And if you want more chapters, you CAN donate directly to our PayPal, it's right there at the sidebar. Though I will also think about the Patreon.
    Or you could support us by getting a subscription, it is only 3$ a month, quite cheap if you ask me.

number 999 likes this.