Discussion Courtroom shenanigans

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Raphael, Aug 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Raphael

Raphael Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A bit random and maybe out of place but just wondering if anyone has heard or seen the Georgia courtroom shenanigans of the State of Georgia Vs. Denver Fenton Allen. I mean I don't know how everyone feels about this but to think that some of the judges out there could be capable of getting to that level scares me a bit, not saying I support either side just that I would expect someone in charge of sentencing people to be above such thing you know? Anyways how does everyone feel about that and if you haven't heard google the case name bit of a warning there may be a bit of cursing and foul language in it so be aware of that if you do google it nothing serious just some F-bombs and S-bombs =D
    PS: share your thoughts on the events =D

2. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The judge to be fair at first was trying their hardest to retain their dignity, however Denver was relentless.
    At the end of the day a Judge is still a human being and after having their face slapped so many times reacted.

Though that being said, was Denver drug tested before hand?

3. Takumi168

Takumi168 『Forever Alone Guild』『Boredom sect』『Merchant』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd actually prefer ed if you explain the case and shenanigans the people were up to looking stuff up on a phone inot convinent. But I shall do so nonetheless to satisfy my curiosity.

4. Quillink

Quillink Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Re-enactment, otherwise you can only read the transcripts.

BlackBlade likes this.
  5. Nordic

Nordic The Lazy Cat

Reading List:
    Link
    Aren't both kinda jack asses in this case. I don't get the point of this. Just consider the fact that US has some of the shittiest laws I'm aware off so I can't think of all the shit judges have to deal with.

ElTorroLoco and Shio like this.
  6. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Basically it started with the prisoner asking to change lawyers or attorneys because his was not up to the task and keep in mind that the one he had was a public defendant which everyone gets 1 for free and they usually spend what like 6 minutes in a case then tell the people they are representing to plead guilt so they can get reduced sentence, but you know not ragging on them they got a lot of work to do. But anyways the judge starts talking back and it degenerates into threat from the the guy to the judges family and the judge saying how the guy looked like a queer and other stuff but anyways it was someone one wouldn't expect from a judge regardless of how much insults are thrown at them like the guy before said judges are human too but they should be above lowering themselves to such low levels and if the prisoner insults them they should have em removed or something not go down to their level and trade insults.

Takumi168 likes this.
  7. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    They both are but one is a judge and the other is a criminal, while I'm not generalizing I'd expect the judge to be the bigger man here yes?

8. Raphael

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks that is the exact script =D

9. Takumi168

Takumi168 『Forever Alone Guild』『Boredom sect』『Merchant』

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked it up as well if I were in the judges shoe I'd just have him thrown out while the proceeding continued. It's not like he's getting out anyways... I also dont agree in pled deals when it's murder. Because that just allows murders to roam free. That being said, the court room meltdown will happen eventually just a matter of when like they say the judge is still human give him a break. There's another case in california where a murder was so apathetic that the judge blew on her going as far as saying he hopes she die in prison.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
    Quillink likes this.
  10. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    Not saying the defendant was telling the truth here, given his attitude it is very likely he was just looking for any excuse to get rid of an attorney he didn't like, but entertain the idea for a moment that he was. Here we have a man, who should be held innocent till proven guilty, told he can either be framed, or represent himself, which the judge pretty much tells him will end in a conviction anyway. Its a frightening thought.