Recommendations Crafting/Crafts/Pill-Refining/Crafts Skill-Builder/Crafting VR/Farming/Utilizing lost knowledge

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Data, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Jarrow

Jarrow Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    An original fiction that hasn't been mentioned already and had an interesting premise:
    http://dragomircm.com/wn1/
    Plot: A slightly perverted, but rather average Romanian ends up dead after being shot in the back of his head while playing his favorite game. He is then reincarnated as the Dungeon Core installed in a Magic Academy. Now, his body is the building of the Magic Academy and his role is to maintain it as well as help the students with their studies while protecting them from various outside forces. Can he do it? With those starting stats, I would be surprised if he didn’t
    Tags: R16, Reincarnation, Fantasy, Magic, Supernatural, Comedy, OP MC, Harem, Romance, Monster Girl, Other World, (for now)

I had high hopes for God of Thunder - (reincarnated electrician gets to play with magic electricity), especially when Gramps gives him the magic clay, but nnnope. Author thinks electricity is magic already. : )
    Heavenly Jewel Change apparently has a crafting arc, but I found the MC a little too irritating to get to it. (Rape==Love) YMMV.
    I'm Back In The Other World is too short and infrequently updated to qualify, but has a good premise, if the author avoids any more Kayaaaa!'s.
    Jashin Average is another dungeon builder - more or less, anyway. Complete, but with incoming side stories.
    Konjiki no Wordmaster started with lots of potential for enchantment and crafting, but never really got there. Still, it's not that bad.
    Magi's Grandson is not updated very often, nor is it very long, but it's one of the more 'scientific' (2.5 cups of salt, there!) takes on reincarnating into a magic world with a modern education.
    Risou no Himo Seikatsu is one of my favorites; I like to imagine what I'd take on the magic carpet (includes wikipedia on microfilm, tools, computers, solar panels, BigBox'o'Drugs, modern Crosley Icyballs, and a Lot Of Glass Marbles. PS: precut cubic zirconium in any color: $10 per carat!)
    The Legendary Masters Wife: Pill crafting mage tormented by a sadistic demon. Also shounen ai warning - minor, but the Implied UST is irritating. Think World of Cultivation written by a fujioshi.
    Lastly - World Customize Creator? Not really crafting per se . . .

Data and CDLevit like this.
  2. Ishtori

Ishtori Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  3. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
  4. Starvenus

Starvenus Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Data

Data Assuming Direct Control

Reading List:
    Link
    great at first but it trails away from crafting and there's a lot of awkwardness in the real life arc.Very very awkward.
    up to date on both. Thanks.

Love the farming one. Absolutely good novel and refreshing concept. Should continue hjc because haven't reached the crafting part. Gonna hold back on the yaoi novel.

rav1980 likes this.
  6. rav1980

rav1980 Random Lurker

Reading List:
    Link
    Your welcome. It's not quite there yet but is quickly heading in the direction of crafting. True Martial World is a very good read and has touched repeatedly on crafting items . It is ongoing (I believe currently ) so it is difficult to say how much it will get into crafting. The story has hyped crafting repeatedly so I will say it will go in the direction of crafting.

Data likes this.
  7. gido

gido Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  8. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    yep been reading it. Like the desolate heaven technique
    started the first chapter and it's okay. No crafting yet but there are a lot of logic bugs.like the fact that 999 luck doesn't result in almost every hit being a critical. Or how a lvl60 boss can somehow toy with a lvl 10 when a casual swipe can instantly kill him. Hoping that these are explained

9. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but after reading 3 chapters I don't think I can keep reading. There seems to be a different logic/ laws at work for everything. I don't get how he could figure out who the village head was when even his quest givers should not have known. He magically found out who it was. Also it's frustrating that there was a build up of real life only to have it squandered. Also, seriously, 10 guards in the mine for potentially 50-60 warriors or more when they had a population of 10000 to choose from. That's incredulous. The fact that the game has places that take 15 RL days yet the author doesn't even talk or blend in the RL aspect is incredibly frustrating. I was wondering if the writing gets better because I find the crafting interesting, just a lot of the game flawed or make the entire eat of the world look like idiots compared to the protagonist. Still I thank you for the recommendation.

10. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You might try Tech Mage: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/162
    It has a very heavy focus on crafting.

Mother of Learning: https://www.fictionpress.com/s/2961893/1/Mother-of-Learning
    Its not as focused on it as Tec Mage, but there's still a ton of crafting. After a while, pretty much everything the MC uses is made by the MC.

Card Disciple: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/card-disciple/
    Its still fairly early in the series so its hard to see if it will maintain its crafting focus, but at the moment, its a very central theme.

Stellar Transformations: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/stellar-transformation/
    Maybe. There's some crafting in it, but its far from the focus of 90% of the chapters.

Knights and Magic: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/knights-magic/
    Fairly heavy focus on crafting, but also quite a bit of mecha action

Renegade Immortal: http://www.novelupdates.com/series/xian-ni/
    Some crafting from time to time. Its not a heavy focus, but its also not unccommon. Same author as ISSTH.

Bright_Lucky_Star and Data like this.
  11. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll look into the first one and Card Disciple. I'm actually up to date with mol, wish it would update faster. It's a very interesting concept on time loops

Gadget likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, never seen a story that does its premise better.

Data likes this.
  13. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    tbh, I've never seen any other story that tried to go with the concept but i must admit the world and the slight butterfly effect that the author outputs leave me awestruck. Most novels are more time travel once and that's it. If there are time loop novels that you recommend, I look forward to it

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Its actually more common in movies. Groundhog's Day is the most famous, but I also like 12:01, (mostly for nostalgia reasons) and Edge of Tomorrow (also known as Live.Die.Repeat and All You Need Is Kill).

Also, absolutely love the Star Gate episode "Window of Opportunity," though, if you don't follow the series, it won't be as funny.

Data likes this.
  15. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    unfortunatelynot. But thank you again for the recommendation of Card Disciple. Surprising fresh ideas in a different world, if not for your recommendation, I would have never read it

jacobpaige likes this.
  16. sylph123

sylph123 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    https://skyhasnolimitblog.wordpress.com/
    A bit slow, but Atlas has a potential since the MC in chapter uses magic to create a antipyritic medication, Has 5 chapters released. weekly release at least 1. Reborn into a 4 year old boy.

Data likes this.
  17. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    I like the concept from the first chapter and the prologue but it's a bit hard to read

18. rpgbscout

rpgbscout I don't only read mature novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Data likes this.
  19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd just like to take this opportunity to recommend against reading this travesty, or at least recommend reading some of the many, many 1/5 reviews on its page before making a descision.

Data likes this.
  20. Data

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while since I bumped this word looking for the of mine. Should be mostly caught up with all the recommending done by others or lost interest. Bumping to read any interesting new novels others may have come across