Create a novel

Discussion in 'Community Games' started by MrStealYoCultivation, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Zone Q11

Zone Q11 『The Gas Mask』『Monochrome Plebeian』

Reading List:
    Link
    The good news (for bystanders) is; this is a Noble, not a King. If it was a King, then that would mean that a Kingdom has fallen. A fallen noble house is way less worse than a fallen kingdom.

2. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    I didn't place a gender to let people imagination run and having the MC a fallen Noble is a better idea than a king/queen since it easier to make the story like that.

3. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    Point taken. Good job @Erich!

4. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Using this idea, different Grenes can come out of it....

What I was imagining was when the mc was young. The MC helped a slave around the same age and taught her how to read and numbers. When the Mc learned that the slave was gonna faced harsh things/or death, the mc helped the slave escaped and forgot about the slave after he grew up.

Then came the mc becoming a slave. The former slave became successful and brought the mc. The former decided to repay the MC for what the mc did for the former slave. what happen after or during can be numerous things

Infinity Sword and Zone Q11 like this.
  5. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    I can only do two things;
    - Liking the post.
    - Can't help but to say "like" again.

6. Stealth

Stealth Elegant Lady

Reading List:
    Link
    n you want to read the story right?

7. erichninja

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if he does, I ain't writing it because I will make a horrible writer.

8. Zone Q11

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I would. But considering every poster's comments on this Thread, I don't think they will.
    See?

9. jmj1011995

jmj1011995 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Bleeding out

Young magic warrior and member of the prestigious 'Powers' military family of the Arvon Empire, Max finds himself in the most dangerous situation of his life. Having been travelling the Great Beast Forest with his father, hunting for magic cores, the two of them find the 3rd Prince of the Empire entering a cave alone. Following behind, they discover plot which could affect the fate of the Empire itself. Sacrificing himself so his son could live, Max's father holds foreign agents at bay while a heavily wounded Max escapes. Pursued by men and beasts alike, with only his own will and the ghost of his father to guide him, can Max make it back to civilization to warn of the troubles to come or will he succumb to the embrace of death?

10. SilentFyre

SilentFyre Irregular Ghost Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fake Flowers Don't Die

Escaping from what should have been a safe haven, Letricia is finding herself pursued by those who should be helping and protecting her. Whether it was a misunderstanding or a trap to frame her, she did not know. All she could do was try to get by in this mysterious world she landed in. A strange place where she should be able to find what was needed to save herself... and her own dying world.

jmj1011995 likes this.
  11. Arcadia Blade

Arcadia Blade ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ You can do it!!

Reading List:
    Link
    Nearing End

Our MC was born with timer on his hand. It had given him a time limit on his life as he decided to live with high expectations in life.

On his first-year in highschool, he knew that he has only a week to live when he meets with a mysterious person who carries a scyte on her back. She was tasked to supervise him and never let any harm come to him as she only needed him to live until the timer's run out.

12. Rumanshi

Rumanshi 『Demon Lord』『ルマンし』

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm lost in time, but history isn't how it was taught?!

A teenager fell into a hole, and ended up travelling through time... He, being a history buff, decided to explore the time, rather then find a way back. Much to his dismay, however, everything he was taught, was wrong. He soon tried to commit seppuku due to his lifes passion completely crumbling.

It is then, he discovered, that whenever he dies, he is sent to a different point in time. How does he still exist?!

13. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not your scapegoat, damit!

"Who broke mother's favourite vase?!":mad:

"Uncle, it was him.":)

"Wha-?! It was not! I just got back from practise-"o_O

"Enough excuses!":mad:

"Uncle, it really wasn't me!":confused:

"No pocket money this month. Your mom won't be delighted to hear of the broken vase either!":mad:

"But-":(

"No buts! You should follow Helen's example and be a good child!":mad:

Uncle stormed off into his office. Snicker. I turned on Helen.

"What d'you do that for?!":mad:

"What... you haven't realised it yet?":giggle:

"...Stop using me as your scapegoat, damit!":eek:

"What's the ruckus brother? And really, you should give up on trying to best Helen. Your reputation is way down the drain compared to hers.":coffee:

"Not you too!":cry:

Slayerwolfx2 likes this.
  14. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Hurry up and Confess to me!

The two that promise that they would marry each other once they reach the top of being the strongest.

Now, they were now young adults and the girl was at the top of the strongest. She can only look back at her childhood friend who was still a novice.

Surrounded by girls and becoming a super hot guy, she can only rely on the promise they made as children as he still continues to believe in that promise they made.

Note: A yandere's point of view.

15. AkaNoOu

AkaNoOu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    *this is not a chapter, just an intro i think*
    *This story take place in the modern world*
    Rias Pendragon, 17, has a superhuman ability, he has a physical strength much higher than what other people have and can gain strength much faster than even professional bodybuilders without building muscles. When he was young he accidentally crushed a steel bar with his bare hands and was terrified of what he might do to people. since then, he had spared no effort in hiding and controlling this ability and did his best not to interact with others unless necessary, afraid that he might someday accidentally crush his friends or people if he touched them.

One day, he woke up to go to school and noticed the sky was red. he immediately looked for his umbrella in his cluttered room. he looked up again was it supposed to be THIS red? It gave him an ominous feeling he could not describe. he soon went back to packing his bag and paid no further attention to it. the weather had been strange recently, purple clouds, red lightning and all sorts of phenomena, a red sky would be like any other day now.

At school, he just went about his business listening in class and doing his work. During recess, he felt a little sleepy and decided to doze off for a bit when he heard a nearby classmate's conversation:
    "Hey, did you see the sky?"
    "what about it"
    "what 'what about it'! its red! like blood at bloody 11 am"
    "not that much stranger than purple clouds if you ask me"
    "eh that might be true, but its still super wierd"
    "everything is wierd now, didn't you read the news?"
    "who has time for that when there's a new game that came out...."
    He looked up. The sky was still red? He went to the courtyard to take a look.
    The sky was red, Blood red. Rias stood there staring for a bit, pondering what it could mean. The ominous feeling got stronger, he felt something, something was coming. He did not know what, but he just knew, it will be big. Rias shook off this feeling as hard as he could, it was not good to think like some phony sitting in a tent wearing baubles. He decided to head back to class, the bell was about to ring and he was NOT about to be late for Mr Dennis's calculus class, he was extremely strict and Rias was sure he would be punished if he was late.
    Just as he turned around, the bell struck 1, Rias prepared to sprint but soon stopped and turned around. a bright pillar of light had struck the ground about a kilometer away, on top of the tower built at the center of the city. a huge explosion like sound was heard and the building crumbled. it fell outwards, towards the business and shopping districts around it. even though it was a weekday, how many people died? was the prevalent thought that crossed his mind at that very moment. He stared at the pillar for a while, wondering what it could possibly be...
    He saw the pillar suddenly warp at the top, a bulge could be seen traveling down the pillar. as it touched the ground, another explosion shook the area. the people have already recovered their senses and fire alarms shook the area. the teachers have begun moving the students to the field at the back of the school. Rias started to turn and join them, he took one last glimpse of the disaster as he caught sight of a huge creature, about 4 stories tall, covered in red scales and 2 long curved horns. Rias decided to be quicker and ran towards where the rest of his classmates were. The army, the army should be able to take care of that creature right? after all, didn't we kill godzilla in the movies? we should be able to kill this too! Rias was already half delirious in his panic and almost fell as he stumbled over a book that was on the ground.
    He met his class and was scolded by an anxious Mr Dennis
    "where were you!"
    he gave a non-committal response and was soon allowed to join the rest of the class. The whole field soon began to move to one of the cities bomb shelters. along the way Rias could hear anxious voices from his classmates and other students around him. Some asking if they were going to be okay, others asking if an earthquake or hurricane was going to happen while others despertely inquired on the status of their parents. Rias looked into the sky and thought if i had parents would i also think like them? Rias had lost his parents at an early age, his mother at childbirth and his father 5 years ago from a traffic accident.
    They soon arrived in the bomb shelter just as it was about to close the doors. the army quickly shooed them in and closed the doors. The satellite TV was turned on and was immediately tuned to the news channels to await instructions from the government. The channel showed pictures taken from a helicopter of the beam disaster. The huge creature stood there and appeared to be dormant. It looked so demonic that several people immediately broke down and started clutching whatever religious items they had on their person and prayed to their gods. The image cut to a press conference showing the government spokesperson.
    "at this point of time, we do not know what the creature wants in coming here. it appears to be dormant and contact appears to be unsuccessful. we would like all of you to please remain calm, we will deal with this situation as soon as possible. Aid helicopters containing food, water and other sup-"
    The signal cut off and was replaced with static...The picture flickered, showing glimpses of a red cave before stabilizing into an image of a smiling man with red skin in a tuxedo. 2 goat horns rose over his head, the very image of what a demon should look like.
    "heh! you humans sure are interesting, coming up with things like these!"
    He pulled out a copy of the bible and waved it in front of the camera if he was using one.
    "aren't you happy that one of the people from your publications turned out to be real? Though this 'God' here dosen't exist as far as i know..."
    he waved his hand and the book burnt up in midair
    "see that? that's magiic.. i can do much more you know? such as making your arm stick out of your ass, make you into a mass murderer, lots of fun things like that!"
    He laughed happily, in a manner that one uses to laugh at the antics of a cat or dog.
    "all these millennia and I've finally gotten bored of playing round like this...what say you we play a more interesting game eh?"
    Rias looked around, the audience were all staring at the screen in horror and fear, the few that were not were crouching down hugging their knees muttering to themselves like a madman
    "soon, i will release creatures on this planet, my pets. just like the one i dropped on the building over in some random city. i wonder how many died!"
    "don't worry, not all the creatures will be like that i'll even send some creatures that you might be able to kill with that toy you call a nuke?"
    "all hope is not lost though, hehe i love that phrase, it makes the puny struggle all the much harder!"
    the demon giggled to himself for a while before continuing
    "i will give you power! power that allows you to kill these creatures! MY power! what you call magic! It will give happiness to those who can use it! sorrow to those who can't!"
    "you know what? i'll even give you something extra! i'll let you see information on your own strength and give each of you a special skill that only YOU can use! that will make this soo much fun!"
    he sang in a singsong voice and giggled to himself
    "Thats all for now! Let the games begin!"

A shock wave could be felt and the whole world shook. the cameras outside showed creatures digging out from under the ground, grotesque creatures that looked like they came from a horror movie. each one of them were super strong too as some of them could be seen devouring steel lamp posts and benches like paper and spitting them back out without a wound in sight. At the very least, the creature did not seem to be able to detect them from inside the shelter, however, the people inside could not care less if they could reach them or not. Their very existence itself shattered all that they knew of the world, many, even grown adults were crying and screaming, some crying to their parents, some crying to their gods, all crying for someone, anyone, to save them from their predicament. after a while, even the crying stopped and everybody sank into a state of solemn depression. Even though he did not scream or cry, Rias was no different in his impression of the events that unfolded. Suddenly someone stood up, it was a man in a soldier uniform.

"sitting around here is useless, we will all die if we do nothing! Tha-That Thing told us we could use strange powers so it might be possible to destroy those things or at the very least make a run for it!"
    "So you want us to use a Devil's Powers?!"
    "You will be cursed by God"
    "Do you want to go to Hell?"
    Various religious people balked at the idea of using the powers, if any they were given.
    "Hah! Hell? where do you think we are? THIS is Hell! The correct question to ask is: do you want to Die or Live?"
    Most people were already convinced at the soldiers words at this point, after all, who does not want to live?
    "how do we know what powers we have?"
    "how do we use them?"
    "didn't he say magic or something?"
    Such questions started to ring out. the religious people that could not stand this were immediately silenced by the crowd. the soldier coughed to get the peoples attention, all eyes turned to him.
    "How about we check our strength, the Thing said we could. from what he said, he seemed to have looked at human's productions before and this checking strength thing sounds like it came from a game, maybe if we said 'status'-AHA!!! I GOT IT! everybody say 'status'! lets share our powers information, we will be working together to get out after all!"

Everybody soon said "status" and looked at their own stats. Rias said it and immediately, a blue window appeared.

Rias Pendragon
    Level: 1
    Strength: ∞ (passive skill)
    Vitality: ∞ (passive skill)
    Dexterity: 50
    Intelligence: 14
    Wisdom: 14

Active Skills:
    -
    Passive skills:
    Natural Super Physical Body
    Description:
    You are born with super strength and vitality, you are easily stronger and more sturdy than all your human counterparts. Your body moves easily, easily mastering movements that take a hundred years to master in 1 hour. The perfect superhuman. You might as well call yourself Superman!
    Effects:
    Cube STR value over all other bonuses
    a%81hs (corrupted) ^ 3

Physical Boost EX
    Description
    Your random skill has been chosen. Yay! looks like you are unlucky! physical boost for you! i took pity on you though so i gave you the EX version of this skill, this means you can probably become a martial expert that cultivates to immortality, jumping 10 story buildings and moving so quickly you almost look like your teleporting. Cool right? Then again what are you gonna do? Punch monsters to death? you are probably gonna be hated by fellow humans hahahahaha!
    Effects
    Dexterity x 5
    10 x 5 = 50
    Multiply STR value to the power of 8 over all other bonuses
    a%81hs (corrupted) ^ 8

Status Effects:
    Cursed: Magic EX
    Description:
    Well, i looked at you again and guess what i found, you're OP! OP as hell! if i let you be as OP as you are, the game will be cleared in an instant! that's no fun isn't it! so i nerfed you to hell as well, no magic 4 you hahahaha! magic is really important to humans now so you'd probably be a Super Loner as well as a Super Man....a hint for my very cute magic-less toy...some monsters cant be beaten with magic you know, some monsters also cant be beaten by punching them. i hope you meet a lot of the latter no? hehehee!
    Effects:
    Can't use magic

WTF......was the thought that immediately crossed Rias's mind. where did the Devil know the words OP and ner- No what is with these ridiculous stats? I can't use magic?! Rias decided to keep these skills to himself. he did NOT want unnecessary attention.

The soldier, having stood there for five minutes coughed to get the people's attention.
    "we have been here for a little too long. My name is Harold Stone. i will state my stats and skills in good faith, STR 23 VIT 22 Dex 20 Int 60 WIS 50, my skills are Fireball and Gift of magic which i think all of you have, Talented magister which multiplies my INT and WIS by 5 and increases their growth rate, i also have Natural leader which increases the stats of my subordinates by 30%"

immediately cries of surprise and admiration came from the crowd, they begun to trust him, after all, how could someone so strong be a bad person? slowly, one by one, the crowd began to shout out their stats and skills. Rias had some time left to his turn so he spent the time thinking about what he was going to say and observed his surroundings. He looked at Harold and observed his expressions. Rias made a few observations. when a person stated stats and skills that were low, Harolds smile became condescending and sinister, the only exception was pretty ladies with which his smile contained a bit of greed...in other words, a man who was not to be trusted.
    Rias immediately decided he was not going to follow him and stated his stats as such when it came to his turn.
    "STR 10 VIT 12 INT 10 WIS 10 Skills: None."

"What?!"
    such cries of surprise immediately came from the crowds as they turned to face him. even Harold looked shock before his expression turned into a sneer as he looked at him, it immediately reverted back to normal when the other people turned back to face him.
    After everybody finished saying their stats, Harold said:
    "okay i've an approximate grasp on all of your strength and i have decided. those with INT above 25 and WIS above 20 step forward with your families."
    the majority of the crown stepped forward, with smiles on their faces, the remaining looked at the crowd anxiously, having an inkling of what was to come.
    Harold walked around and invited the pretty ladies who did not make the cut to join the crowd. They knew what was going on but did not do anything to stop him and even actively appealed to him, they did not want to be left behind, after all.
    "Lets go, the rest of you stay here, we do not have the strength to carry dead weight"
    Cries of despair immediately sounded out and they shouted
    "What about us!!"
    "You can't do this!!"
    "Aren't you a soldier, Do your DUTY and protect US!!"
    Harold looked at them and snorted
    "Soldier? the country has gone to shit! each of us has to carry our own weight if we want to live, you can only blame yourselves if you're too weak!"

Rias snorted to himself among the crowd left behind, he was right after all. Harold really was a person with bad character. Rias decided that he was going to go solo, even though Harold was a bastard, he was right in the fact that people needed to save themselves before they could save others. at the very least, he would clear the monsters outside and let the people live a little longer.
    As the crowd left and the remainders huddled in a corner crying, Rias stood up.
    It is time.

16. AkaNoOu

Reading List:
    Link
    i got a little excited sorry.......

EDIT:
    how to add spoiler tags?

17. AkaNoOu

Reading List:
    Link
    in the beginning i wanted to write an outline but in the middle it just ended up being a chapter...................................

Arcturus likes this.
  18. Arcadia Blade

Reading List:
    Link
    Fate Redux

Two persons were viewed of the fate. One was born as a hero while the other was born as a commoner yet strives to reach the hero.

Two childhood friends were seperated after knowing that one of them was a hero. Then, they promised that when the demon king has been slain, the two would marry each other.

But on the few years of seperation, the commoner found out that his childhood friend has two love candidates. Now, driven of fear of being separated by his childhood friend, he uses his insane skills to become the demon king and to be fated with her, in death.

Now, this is called fate redux because after the hero slays her friend, she would go back to the time where she was separated by her friend and vice versa. This would continue to repeat until they would break the fate.

19. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol I liked that since I thought it would make for a humorous JN title.

20. SilentFyre

Reading List:
    Link
    What a strange place...

Running away from home wasn't the end, it was just the beginning. Never did she imagine that her life would make a turn around, simply because she wanted a break for once.

Finding her sleeping in his house was unexpected, but chasing a wild boar into her direction was totally unintended. It wasn't because he was upset at finding a total stranger trespassing earlier. It was an accident. Now that her leg was sprained, he'd have to take care of her somehow... or he'd end up with a guilty conscience forever. What to do with this stubborn girl though? Her identity might cause him a lot of trouble.

She didn't know if she should be upset or happy that she found a place to stay through a series of weird coincidences that left her leg in a cast. But first, she needed to keep her identity a secret from the surroundings, except, she didn't know she'd be so bad at it that he already found out. However, the guy she ended up lodging with... is he really what he seems to be?

Genre: Romance, Adventure, Mystery, Slice of Life-ish, and maybe a bit of Humour.