Create a Superhero or Villain

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Games' started by Prolux, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Prolux

Prolux [Specifically Lazy] [Weirdly Motivated]

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello everyone, as i am a major fan of everything superhero or just plain comic related, i thought that it would be fun to create a little game where everyone creates their own superhero and or villain. Sounds simple right?

Superhero Thread - [LINK]
    Villain Thread - [LINK]

------

Rules:
    * [No] Omnipotent, Omnicompitence, or just plain Omni anything
    * [No] Inappropriate Superhero or Villain names, powers or abilities
    * [No] Complete Bullsh*t or extremely super overpowered people (Ex: The power to manipulate matter into anything. The power to instantly disintegrate or instantly blow stuff up) {Ex: Superpower's Wiki, Destruction or Creation is not allowed}
    * [No] Racial, defamatory or just douche-bag names, abilities or powers. (Unless you're superhero is supposed to be a comedic one or he/she/it plays with itself as such, {Ex: Black dude calling out his ability to run super fast due to being black} or something like that.
    * [No] Intentional Copying of other superheros/villains/peoples powers and abilities from either here or some other already created thing.
    * [No] Unbeatable heroes and or heroes that have more than three abilities
    * Have to be cool with me making movies and or comics out of these characters if i were to die and become ultipotent in my reincarnation. Due know that i would not claim these characters as mine.
    * Anything else i think of will be added in the future.

------

[Accepted Creations]
    Good Guys = Color | Bad Guys = Color | Neautrul = Color
    B - Arnold Switch, Theo Holdger, Ryan Walsh, Amy, Alicia, Toddler Lee, Abigail Elwyn,
    A - Alex Woodland, Naschry Vain, Gabriel,
    S - Alba Oto, 龙 天一 (Long Tian Yi), Renato Guilherme Andrade, Ji Gui, Noah Chen,
    SS - Iya, Kristine Karen Jensen, Simon,
    SSS - Ulysses B. Evaris, Kynn Kysil, John Smithenson,
    X -
    XX -
    XXX -
    ??? -
    ???? -
    ????? -
    ?????? -
    Existence,
    Endlessness Climber S1 -
    Endlessness Climber S10 -
    Endlessness Climber S100 -
    Endlessness Climber S1000 -

------
    How this little game is setup in terms of i'd say, universe? Anyway, i'll simply create a list and try to explain it.

By the way. The time frame for when the big blast of heroes and villains start appearing, at least on earth, is the year 2018, though it is possible for some rare existences to be born before then. Whilst in outer space and on different planets and such, super strong people can be born even before the earth was made, though i don't recommend that.

* Planets (Sometimes Contains Life)
    * Galaxies (Contains Many Planets)
    * Universes (Contains Many Galaxies And Planets)
    * Dimensions (Contains Alternate Realities, Purgatory, Hell, Heaven and all that stuff)
    * Existence (Also a person who is kinda the protector of your existence and other ones. But keep in mind he is not the existence itself, just someone who protects them and is called existence)
    * Endlessness (The endlessness is the thing which embodies all, including nothingness and the endlessness goes on endlessly and is separated in different stages for when people decide to travel into it)

Each existence contains its own version of Heaven and Hell, both of which can be destroyed by somebody extremely powerful. However in Stage 1 of the Endlessness resides a Heaven and Hell for each existence, for if the Heaven and Hell in a specific existence were to be destroyed, all souls would move up into the endlessness Heaven or Hell.

As to save space here in this long ass introduction, i'll be writing a list of all dimensions in paragraph form. Heaven, Hell, Purgatory, Infinite Alternate Realities, Death Dimension, Fire Dimension, Water Dimension, Earth Dimension, Wind Dimension, Astral Plane, Chaos Dimension and Origin Dimension(The Main Story Area). I plan on adding more to this list later on when i get suggestions and or when i think of more.

By the way, the Fire, Water, Earth and Wind Dimensions are considered the origin dimensions for the four elements. If some truly talented or lucky soul were to have access to it, they would become extremely powerful. Only three people may have access to each origin element dimension at one time.

------
    Hero & Power Rankings
    (Hero Rankings are the first part of each sentence. Ex: A)
    (Power Rankings are the second part of each sentence. Ex: Greater)

B - Normal, Minor = City Street Destruction
    A - Greater = Neighborhood Destruction
    S - Total = Block Destruction
    SS - True = City Destruction
    SSS - Transcendent = Multiple City Obliteration [All Can Leave And Travel Between Planets]
    X - Celestial = Planetary Destruction [Easily Destroy Planets and Travel Between Galaxies]
    XX - Godly = Galactic Destruction [Easily Destroy Galaxies and Travel Between Universes]
    XXX - Unfathomable = Universal Destruction [Easily Destroy Universes and Control Them]
    ??? - Beyond = Multi Universal Obliteration [Easily destroy all life in a singular universe and able to roughly travel between dimensions]
    ???? - Dimensional = Dimensional Shattering [Can destroy dimensions and has a chance of going beyond]
    ????? - Unknown = Existence Fighter [Extremely Difficult Travel in the Endlessness and able to fight Existence]
    ?????? - ??? = Existence Eraser [Can Kill Existence and Travel in the Endlessness]
    Endlessness Climber S1 - ECS1 = Traveler Of The Endlessness [Able To Climb Into Stage 1]
    Endlessness Climber S10 - ECS10 =Traveler Of The Endlessness [Able To Climb Into Stage 10]
    Endlessness Climber S100 - ECS100 =Traveler Of The Endlessness [Able To Climb Into Stage 100]
    Endlessness Climber S1000 - ECS1000 =Traveler Of The Endlessness [Able To Climb Into Stage 1000]

(Please Keep In Mind That Nobody Should Create Something That Is Above ???? and will most likely not be accepted as an official creation, unless that something is extremely thought out and actually has its place in this endlessness)

(Also, powers can have rankings as well, a higher ranking means better growth which in turn raises the characters total power ranking. {Ex: Hero at B Rank with Transcendent Rank power can slowly grow that power, eventually raising the Hero Rank to SSS})

------

Now that we have that out of the way i would like to being explaining the things that are required or requested when creating you're superhero/villain/person/thing. They must have a name, At least one power but not more than three and Personality. Below i will create a basic template so as to use when creating your superhero/villain/person/thing.

(Don't have any ideas? Visit Superpowers Wiki and find a power that suits your vision and adjust it how you will. :) )

------

Name:
    Power(s):
    Personality:
    Hero Ranking:

------
    Here is a template that i created for people who want to go the extra mile when creating their superhero/villain/person/thing.

Name:
    Superhero Name:
    Backstory:
    Power(s):
    Weakness: Doesn't have to be filled in if they can just be beaten in general
    Personality:
    Traits:
    Height:
    Weight:
    Skin Color:
    Hair Color:
    Hair Style:
    Eye Color:
    Race:
    Hero Ranking:

------
    That's pretty much all there is for this little game. In the future i plan to add to this as well as create another Thread where people on Earth can create their own regular citizens that manage and assist the Heroes/Villains/Things that are created here. Kinda like the S.H.I.E.L.D in Marvel, except this one is called H.P.A (Heroes Protection Agency), as well as other spin off things that have yet to be named.

A few other threads that will be created in the future, is a thread where people can battle one another as well as progress the endlessness that we all create together, story-wise that is. And a thread where heroes can talk with one another along with a thread for villains to talk to one another plus another thread where endlessness level beings can talk with one another, discuss things that are happening in the universe.

I thank you all for just visiting this thread and i look forward to all the unique and fun creations. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated as it will make this thread and game better.

Future Setup:
    Hero/Villain Creation Thread (Where you create your characters)
    Hero Adventure Thread (Where you create your character story)
    Villain Adventure Thread (Where you create your villains story)
    Battle Thread (Where the villains and heroes battle)

Enjoy!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2017
    otaku31, Kuma Desu, shad12ow and 6 others like this.
  2. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahhhh too long. Cool idea tho.

Elkonavt, pocketbear and PawsAndClaws like this.
  3. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx

4. Nyamsus

Nyamsus Life is full of shit and we live in it

Reading List:
    Link
    Too much work need to be done..
    Not phone user friendly

5. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Avery Mann
    Superhero Name: Everyman
    Backstory: Avery Mann is just your everyday man working as a mail carrier, except for one catch...
    Power(s): When he touches a comic book, he can gain that superhero's super powers.
    Weakness: Same weakness as the super hero's powers he currently possesses.
    Personality: He's just an ordinary guy
    Traits: Ordinary
    Height: Ordinary height (5 foot 6ish?)
    Weight: Overweight, probably 250-300.
    Skin Color: Yellow
    Hair Color: Brown
    Hair Style: Short
    Eye Color: Brown
    Race: Caucasian
    Hero Ranking: B rank?

Totally original, I swear...just not created by me.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  6. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice idea, but copied from somewhere that i just don't remember. Plus the ability to steal comic book powers is too overpowered with it being this vague. If he has a limit to how many he can steal and how strong they can be, he will be accepted. Hell, even adding a time limit or something to his powers, so he has to take a comic book or two into a fight, just do that and he can be accepted.

7. Azure

Azure The True Blue Sky

Reading List:
    Link
    Manman
    Is able to accomplish any task at the capacity of the average man.

otaku31 likes this.
  8. Thranyx

Thranyx Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seems fun! Watching from the sidelines...:blobpopcorn::blobpopcorn_cool::blobpopcorn:
    I have an idea for my character but well... Watching is better when one doesn't have time...:blobpeek:

9. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Arnold Switch

Biography: Born in the inner city, to a lower income family Arnold had a fairly average life. His parents weren't tragically murdered, he never fell into a vat of nuclear waste. He didn't even have any heroic dreams or aspirations, his life was normal, and he was content to keep it that way. Even when we awoke to his powers, he never saw any reason to change the way he lived. He is just an average guy trying to live a normal life to him superpowers are nothing more than a hassle.

Power: Arnold is psychically linked to six other Arnold's who live in nearly identical alternate dimensions. In total there are seven Arnolds, and they are all able to passively communicate, and share their experiences with each other. From this connection with his alternate selves, he has three primary powers.
    • Shared Senses: As previously mentioned he is always connected to his alternate selves, this brings about multiple advantages, such as when gathering information or mastering a skill, he can learn 7x faster. If he needs to search an area he can split up, with each dimension being almost identical anything one Arnold discovers, will probably exist in the other six dimensions.
    • Dimensional Gift: All Arnolds have the power to transfer any inanimate object, to another Arnold, though the difficulty is significantly increased based on the size of the object. Transfering something like say a car, would immediately knock the Arnold doing the transfer unconscious for several hours. This is useful as one of the Arnolds can stay back in a supply house, and transfer items to each Arnold as they are needed.
    • Preferred Reality: When Arnolds are together in the same location, they gain the ability to alter reality to the reality of another Arnold. For example, if Arnolds gets in a fight in all seven realities, and in the first six of those realities they get punched in the face, but the last Arnold manages to dodge, then all the Arnolds dodge. Of course, this power only works in close proximity, if an Arnold is miles away from the Arnold whose reality he is trying to copy it just won't work.
    Weakness: Arnold's biggest weakness is beneath all his power he is still just an ordinary human. Even with tons of pre-planning, there is only so much he can accomplish. His powers might make it easier for him to take down muggers and gangsters, but against another person with powers, or even a trained professional he wouldn't stand a chance.

otaku31, Prolux and AMissingLinguist like this.
  10. Vudoodude

Vudoodude Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There was an entire simpsons episode about it

11. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Nice! As for creating a story around him, he can be an average guy trying to do something good, like preventing terrorist attacks or something. Another possibility is for other Arnold's to share intelligence about bad guys in other dimensions on different earths, that have yet to make it to the original earth with the original Arnold or something. I dunno. In the future, try to come up with a story for him as we will have characters kinda live out their lives in another thread. :)

12. Unsleepyknight

Unsleepyknight Corrupted

Reading List:
    Link
    Name:Alex Woodland
    Power:Able to create matter out of nowhere(wait OP character)
    weakness:He needs to memorize the basic notations and values of periodic table of elements and have to master the laws here on earth.
    personality:Class ditcher
    Hero ranking:B-

Prolux likes this.
  13. Prolux

Reading List:
    Link
    Cool. When you have some time adding more info to the character, or giving me permission to add more info to the character would be nice. Everything would be approved and posted by you btw. And i'm also upgrading his ranking to A and giving his Matter Creation Power the (Godly) rank allowing him to grow in the future to rank XX. To grow him, you must participate in battles and such in another thread that i have yet to create until we have more heroes and villains.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  14. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Hmmmmmm... She doesn't feel very hero-like... But I like her overall.

She isn't particularly "good", but she wouldn't kill someone for no given reason either. So her hero activities would be along the lines of mercilessly killing bandits and the like.

Or, she could also be a villain instead, and simply kill people without minding it much, both would fit her tbh.

Name: Alicia (No Surname).
    SuperVillain Name: Puppeteer.
    Alicia doesn't know her parents, she was born and raised in an orphanage.

She wasn't particularly happy nor sad, she just lived everyday apathetically, without any particular goal in mind. Not close to anyone, a girl that played with dolls the whole day, and even made her own. Sometimes the children would ask her to fix their toys, and she apathetically complied.

A boring everyday life, filled with her and her dolls only, nobody else existed in her world.

One day, a psychopath invaded the orphanage and started killing everyone inside, she felt no fear nor sadness, ahe only felt... Hunger.

The souls of the children that grew up with her were eaten, one by one they disappeared into her throat, and she wanted... More.

The psychopath pointed his gun at her, but she lounged at the man instead, biting his hand and making him drop it, he threw her away like a doll and started kicking her stomach, breaking her ribs.

She felt nothing, the pain didn't matter, the swears didn't matter, the imminent death didn't matter. All that mattered, was her hunger.

She saw the doll that she had just finished making, a doll of her side, something that she could hug on her sleep... Something that could fill the emptiness of her world.

She wished. She wished that doll filled her hunger... And so she did.

The doll moved and picked up the gun, shot the psycopath to death, Alicia wordlessly ate his soul... It was not enough.

"Do you wish to go search for more things to eat?"

The doll offered her hand to Alicia while asking this question.

"I can't move." She answered, her broken ribs would not allow her.

"Then I'll take you to a hospital, and from then, we'll find more food." The doll replied, smiling.

"Okay. I'm Alicia."
    "I know, I'm... Suika."

Suika picked her up in a pricess carry and took her to the hospital, for some reason nobody thought of her clearly wooden features as unusual, they just thought she was just a girl as normal as any other.

The news told the brave history of how a single girl survived a psychopath's assault and was even able to kill him by her own self, when asked how, she just answered. "I was not alone, and I was hungry".

No journalist understood any of that, but she gave no more answer, and so they left the issue to die.

A few months later she was discharged from the hospital, and directed to a new orphanage, but she never appeared there... The hospital's food tasted horrible, and her hunger was not yet satiated.
    • Life Giving: Alicia can give life to any non-living being. To do that however, she needs to sacrifice this same amount of years from her own lifespan. She currently has a single doll, that is about her height, that she has used this power on.
    • Puppetering: Alicia can control any non-living being freely, for as long as she has something connecting herself to the thing. However, she needs to have thorough knowledge of the entire body structute of what she wants to control for this to work, which makes her able to only use this on dolls she herself made. She uses some thin threads to connect her fingers to her dolls.
    • Soul Eating: Alicia can eat the soul of anyone that dies near her, but only at the moment of their death. Her lifespan increases by 1/10th of what the eaten person had left to live.
    Personality: Apathetic, Hungry.
    Height: 1.30m.
    Weight: 30kg.
    Skin Color: Pale White.
    Hair Color: Chestnut.
    Hair Style: Smooth, Chin Legth.
    Eye Color: Dark Red.
    Race: Human (?).
    Villain Ranking: B.

Little Evil, Prolux and Abox like this.
  15. The Everdistant Utopia

The Everdistant Utopia Honorary Maou | Part Time Writer | Crau's

Reading List:
    Link
    Can't remember if someone already used an idea like this... in any case...

Name: Theo Holdger
    Superhero Name: (can't think of a good name, so...) Polygraph
    Backstory: Theo came from an unusually poor family. They were unusually poor due to the fact that they should at least have barely enough to survive, but due to his father's habit of playing cards, they struggled to live in terrible conditions. Theo discovered his power by accident after noticing that he started having constant headaches while he made his homework at home while the ominous words 'a lie' appeared in the borders of the pages of his copybook. It didn't took long for him to discover that the source of his headache was his power and his father's constant lies to trick his mother. After discovering that, he stopped making homework at home, prefering isolated spaces to lessen his headaches. When he was entering highschool, his mother went ill and his father decided to flee from his responsabilities. To pay for his mother's treatment, he decided to find a job where he could use his power to make money, working as an amateur detective.
    Power(s): His power is to detect lies under specific conditions. If he has eye contact with the target and has a piece of paper, of any type, near him, he can detect when someone is lying, as the words 'a lie' appear in the paper. If he ingest the piece of paper where there was writen 'a lie', he's able to discover whether the target lied with ill intentions or not.
    Weakness: Can't really fight anything. The papers used to identify lies need to be ingested within 10 seconds after the words 'a lie' appeared, and can't be edible (it seems there are edible papers, huh...). The lie detection works unconsciously and slightly burdens his mental condition, so if used many times in a short span of time, it can cause headaches and in severe cases fainting.
    Personality: Clumsy (kind of), a bit absent minded and with a terrible memory span.
    Traits: He has freckles in a thin line a bit bellow his eye level and three dots in his left wrist as birthmark. He calls his birthmark a clock because of the strangely similar arrangement of the dots, and sometimes checks on this 'clock' from time to time, even though he know it won't change.
    Height: 182 cm
    Weight: 52 Kg
    Skin Color: White.
    Hair Color: Black.
    Hair Style: Unkeept, shoulder lenght hair that he has yet to trim. Has been letting his hair grow for a while since he doesn't have time to take proper care of it.
    Eye Color: Dark brown.
    Race: Half-lusitanic, half-american
    Hero Ranking: B

Kuma Desu, Prolux, Quaesitor and 2 others like this.
  16. Basara

Basara [Cat and co.] [Nyan] [Furry and Fluffy]

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: Alba Oto

Superhero Name: White Noise

Backstory: His parents are never there for him as they are always out overseas with their jobs. He is well off with a large house/mansion but when he is at home he feels that it is far too empty. So he never likes being at home unless he is in his studio room where he can play and listen to his music and when he takes care of his pet fishes.
    When he was in freshman high school he was in love with a classmate. They got along well until apparently another ability user was around the area and he likes to r*p* women and kill them afterwards. He didn't think much of it, thinking that the other heroes would take care of him in due time.( No ability yet) And just warned her saying that she should be careful. Unfortunately she fell victim and he was there at her last moments after deciding to turn back because of a bad feeling. After hearing her final words. He screams at the top of his lungs which knocked out the villain nearby whom was laughing at them and taunting him with vulgar words. After knocking him out he decided to take justice into his own hands and finish him....(Cliche, sue me)
    Now he is a college student who majors in music. He likes privacy and respects others privacy. So when he goes to defeat villains as a vigilante, he would wear a white mask(White fang mask from RWBY for reference because I'm too lazy to think of a mask). Along with a white cape with his insignia on it.

Power(s):Vibrations and sound manipulation. He can control and send vibrations to other things. Defensively he can send the vibrations out of his body. Example: He jumps off a 10 story building. When he lands he can send the vibrations to the ground and roll to soften the blow. Making it so that he barely took a scratch. Or when he is punched so hard he gets sent flying and when he crashes to the wall he sends the vibrations away to soften the blow. Offensively he can destroy things from people's body to buildings with vibrations. He can disorientate people. He can sense things around him through sound and vibration. He can enhance his hearing when he wants to listen in. He could play music out loud and it would affect people depending on the song.
    He has 3 main weapons. An amplifier arm guard thing. ( similar to Resonating Echo Speaker that Dosu uses from Naruto) But slimmer and does similar things such as amplify the damage from the vibration and sounds....Aaaand in the middle of writing this my brother said this sounds like Sonic Glove from Pied Piper from Flash. And let's be honest. It's hard to find original ideas let alone a common ability such as sound control and vibrations.
    And a tuning fork (scaled up to the size of a short sword) that has a pointed tip along with a Stiletto( that clementine from Overlord uses). He can knock the Stiletto onto the tuning fork to create noise that disturbs the enemies. He can either knock them out or disorient people or finish them.

Weakness: His ability could be weakened by sound dampening material or vibration absorbing material. A strong reflective material that can rebound the strong or low vibrations he can send. He is still an above average person in the end. He can weaken physical blows but mental blows are still viable. As well as normal weakness for example if the enemy can manipulate electricity he would get struck by thunder before he can do anything if taken by surprise. Since even if he can hear it coming or sense it coming through vibrations he won't be able to move fast enough to dodge. Above average being that he can lift like an average weight lifter being around 200lbs. And can run a marathon. But not very helpful fighting against other ability users. His range of sense and hearing is limited to half a mile radius. A full mile diameter.

Personality: He despises perverts. So when he hears or sense or sees something happening he would interfere. Even dislikes flirting. And hates it even more when it clearly annoys the female counterpart. He is neutral good. He doesn't talk much but listens to what people say. He is talks a bit awkward to girls after the incident. Example: Hello....are you....alright?
    A bit socially awkward. When it might be a bit of a serious moment he would say a joke/pun. He likes puns and would chuckle at them. He likes music and has a large fish tank with his favorite fishes in them. He is a bit proud of his tank as well as the music he composes.
    He is street and book smart. Can easily get B+ in college class. He wonders if he will ever find true love again.
    Traits: His insignia is a G clef but it is slightly warped to make it spell Oto.

Height:5'11½"

Weight: 177 pounds

Skin Color: Slightly yellow. (You racist)

Hair Color: White (Generic. Sue me)

Hair Style: Short messy hair

Eye Color:gray

Race: Half Italian half Japanese.

Hero Ranking: S has potential to become SSS when he masters his ability or perhaps under great emotional distress.

@Prolux Well, this guy was someone I made a few months back when I had the feeling of writing fanfictions. I have many prompts and this was one of them. His ability and personality somewhat stayed the same. I had to make a new background basically since originally he was going to be in my RWBY fic. His semblance is his power basically. I have some more characters but I just chose one out of the hat.
    Sorry it took a while to come back to writing this. I had an essay to write for class.

17. Unsleepyknight

Unsleepyknight Corrupted

Reading List:
    Link
    Meaning a walking vibrator? jk XD

18. Unsleepyknight

Unsleepyknight Corrupted

Reading List:
    Link
    Another one:
    N:Nick Jones
    P:Can fly
    W:ACROPOBHIA,can die if killed,has to breath,immortal mortal(not invincible),he can only fly over 60 meters high
    Race:Donkey-hybrid

19. Haxagen

Haxagen Fallen's|Addicted to Gacha

Reading List:
    Link
    That's way too minimalistic...and it's coming from me...

AliceShiki likes this.
  20. Unsleepyknight

Unsleepyknight Corrupted

Reading List:
    Link
    At least he's not OP LOL