Discussion Creating hooman from something

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bad Storm, Sep 18, 2019.

?

There's a quote: "Writers are gods". Do you agree?

1. Yup

25.0%
  2. Nope

11.1%
  3. Blasphemy!

22.2%
  4. Lol, as a writer, I wish I was. Life would be easier.

52.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bad Storm

Bad Storm no thought, head empty

Reading List:
    Link
    If you're to create your own version of how humans came to existence, how would you go with it? Would there be a supreme being in your own version? Would human come from nature stuff like stars?

Still not sure how I would go with mine. I like the idea the humans that came from stars and dust. Maybe I should combine the two and make it so that humans came from stardust xD.

2. otaku31

otaku31 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    powerpuff4.gif

Edit: and Chemical X

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  3. Haerether

Haerether 『. . .』

Reading List:
    Link
  4. gheist1234

gheist1234 |Path Finder| 『WuxiaWworld Vet.』|Beardy| |Zen|

Reading List:
    Link
    In my story god just made everything, everything equally received his blessing from pig to plants to humans every form of life received life from him a pig's death is no nobler than a humans, since they are equal.
    the Creator just made everything how it goes or how it develops doesn't have anything to do with it.

otaku31 and Bad Storm like this.
  5. tsundere_taichou

tsundere_taichou [Cute Demon Sect]

Reading List:
    Link
    obviously god is playing a world simulator and humans bugged out

6. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    That's actually how I see this world's creator. Tho, that one is a matter of belief and everyone has his/her belief.

7. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not hooman though. That's a power hooman.

8. Ai chan

Ai chan Queen of Yuri, Devourer of Traps, Thrusted Witch

Reading List:
    Link
    I met a hot thot the other day and she was busty as fuck! So I slapped her huge ass titties and her milk flew everywhere! Then there were these tiny tiny creature things that seemed to sprout out from her droplets of milk. I thought it was utterly disgusting, so I pissed on them to wash them all away. Damned stuff won't die, they actually build a ship. Shit, I don't want to catch her disease. Nope nope nope, I'm totally out of here.

9. Arbelbyss

Arbelbyss 『Abyss Scion』『Epiphron』『Tempestarius』

Reading List:
    Link
    Or the world simulator is simulating another world simulator, simulator-ception~

10. Milanin

Milanin [Reader] [???] [Freeloader]

Reading List:
    Link
    If I were to start off a story, I'd go with the boring scientific one of the big bang and the journey onwards until satient beings come around.

11. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it hilarious that you believe that’s something normal for authors. Most of us don’t think that far. Only some authors meticulously setup their world while the rest have only a vague thought in the back of their mind they expand upon.

AMissingLinguist likes this.
  12. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    My problem with that is, if there was a big bang then where's the center of the universe (Something that can't be fucking answered so I don't conceptualize to it)? What if there were multiple big bangs? The way I see it. It all started with Chaos, the primordial ooze. And in its primordial-ness, coincidence struck.

13. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, I'm thinking of writing a mth about how humans came to existence, not a story after that. So it wasn't that I think authors are meticulous or anything the like.

14. RR Vocaloid

RR Vocaloid RoyalRoad.com Slepragt

Reading List:
    Link
    Ahh so the poll is unrelated to your post. My thought process was that you assumed all authors setup things like that so they’re sorta like gods of their stories. While my viewpoint is that I’m discovering the story as I write it, like a reader.

15. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    otaku31 likes this.
  16. Bad Storm

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, I just added the poll since it's popped out my head. Writers mostly dictates the story and readers have no choice but to go through the way the author develops a story or drop it.

Writers got different styles tho. Some likes having a general flow of the story, while others like letting the story flow on its own.

17. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I've always liked the myths where humans were created from mud more than any of the other ways I've heard, so I'd probably go with that.

Just being created from dirt and water seems stupidly simple and therefore makes the act of creation itself more impressive somehow.

edit: Oh, I saw the word 'myth' and assumed it'd be a divine creation thing going on. But anyway works huh?
    Huh. Maybe I'd go with: bunch of bacteria floating around in water were like 'dude, its boring. Wanna try and build something?' 'kay'
    and so they tried making stuff out of rock, and coral was born. But it was difficult and annoying so some other bacteria were like 'dude, I'm bored but that looks like a pain in the ass to do. why don't we try just holding hands in a circle or something?' 'kay'
    and multicellular life came to be.
    and then some uptight bacteria all pushed up their glasses at the same time and were like 'we can do that, but better.' and complex organisms came to be. And the other bacteria were impressed as hell and came to check it out, but the uptight dudes were like 'club members only! anyone else who comes by has to face our bouncer' *bouncer dressed all in white pushes up his glasses and flexes his muscles* and so the bacteria were like 'dude this place sucks' and floated away to find other things to distract from their billions of years boredom. Like mutating randomly.
    Meanwhile the uptight club guys got copycats, and before you know it, there are tons of different clubs around. One day some club insults another club's nose, and a war between the clubs starts and never dies down again.
    The club currently winning calls their formations 'humans' and so that's how humans came to be.

Arbelbyss likes this.
  18. Amaruna Myu

Amaruna Myu ugly squid dokja (●´∀`●)

Reading List:
    Link
    hooman build god

otaku31 likes this.
  19. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you want to get serious about this....

I sneezed and my snot came alive. They worshiped me as their god. They created religion and fight each other over their existential crisis of whether I exist or not.
    Meanwhile I looked at my snot on the sink thinking it's becoming ridiculous and I wipe it off...

AMissingLinguist and Bad Storm like this.
  20. Arbelbyss

Reading List:
    Link
    I find it so outlandish and humorous, I don't think God could have come up with the idea of Deoxyribonucleic Acid. Though thinking on this, did Coincidence intervene on this? How puzzling.... Coincidence is interesting.