Discussion Critical: Ages Below Critical

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by CDLevit, Dec 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Last night i've read this novel. I've skipped the last chapter because i didn't want to begin to wait for the fight to finish.

The story is so and so. It's placed in an continent where there are 4 major powers- empires, each power has 7 noble lords who are the best soul power masters. What i find annoying is the set up. Powers, an ancient mystery, the fact that there is a limited number of nobles, the fact that only the noble lords can have soul weapons and the fact that the soul beasts aren't presented how i'd like - with descriptions or/and specific habitats- they simply became because certain criterias are meet. There's only general justifications/explanations for their existence. Also, i dislike how the Corroders were presented, as something different than those noble lords but, even with that, they can be noble lords.. In that way they aren't different at all, they are there just for the progress of the story.

The action is so and so. I've never cringed in anticipation and the mc is bland, he don't do too much.. He's more of the type that observes or fills the pages of history.

The first chapters give me the impression of something a little more than an prologue, everything is presented as an actual history of the Aslan empire but, the action, is centered only on the Noble lords.

I'm posting this rant hoping that I could read other opinions so that I could change mine or see the novel in a better light.

2. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link
    Because I see you haven't got much feed back did you try looking around on the. TL site to see other peoples view of the story ...there may be a page on baka-updates ~Well I don't know ...no one was answering and I haven't read it so good luck at the very least <3

CDLevit likes this.
  3. Reright

Reright Someone who tried to keep it simple but failed

Reading List:
    Link

I hope what I said helped you find some answers :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.