LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If people are really that insistent on killing the children of top pilots, you'd think the military would be more aggressive about protecting said children.

2. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's the concept of 'even the best defenses can be broken', although there is a super-secret area that's specifically only for the best of the best of the best (people who have scores that are even higher than Ling Lan by several times). It's a bit interesting since the setting itself is, despite the unified appearance, fractured into several factions (giving space for assassins to sneak in).

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I expect that those places are where they send the human weapons though, which is exactly what her family and her father's loyalists are trying to prevent.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    At the speeds that they were moving, if it came to an abrupt halt, there's a very good chance that the seat belt would have sliced her in half. Even if it didn't, her neck would likely still have been snapped by whiplash. well, unless her body has been enhanced far, far beyond what a normal human could handle.

Why disable the guns? Using them to kill the assassins would be a much better idea.

I wonder why 413 hasn't fired yet. Does he not have anything precise enough, or is he worried that she might get caught up in the explosion?

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't get why they weren't firing there guns already. Even if the car was disabled, that's no reason for the people not in the cars to withhold their fire.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so I was wrong about who the mecha were. Still wondering why she's not using the car's lasers though. Is she just worried that the mecha will get more involved if she does or something?

7. 18Yuki

18Yuki Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I felt this novel was familiar...then I realised there was a manga that was similar to it, but it was a modern-day setting without the gender bend. It’s similar in the reverse gender-roles theme (wife-like-male and husband-like-female) => Tian Jian Xian Shu Nan

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why does a laser cannon shoot missiles? How does that even make sense?

Also, since they’ve already been exposed, why don’t those two mecha just move in closer and flank the battle so that a single hover car wouldn’t be enough to block them, and the shorter distance would allow for faster aiming?

Where are the missiles getting the fuel for this? And the maneuverability for that matter. That sort of thing requires hardware, not just software.

That’s not a healthy resolution ;)

9. arashi-chan12

arashi-chan12 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To be honest, I was totally not expecting the Ling family loyalists to be backstabbers... Damn Ling Lan, how did you know? I was wondering about her actions a little but they didn't come off as too suspicious/conspicuous so I let it go, but that was just what Ling Lan wanted huh... Just kinda awed right now, don't mind me...

jacobpaige likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would they hold their fire? It's not like the conspirators give a damn about Ling Hua.

I wonder if he was bought, or if the exiled family members ordered him to do it.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    If he really had a change of heart, then he should have told her who hired him to kill her.

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if her dad actually will come back from the dead, or if he was never dead in the first place. If the latter, I wonder if he was a POW or a traitor.

She'll need to keep her fear of heights a secret. If the school, and more importantly, the government, ever finds out, she'll likely be marked off as a lost cause and loose her military benefits.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @somnious
    "Number Nine escaped the range of Number Nine's attack, but he still showed no restraint, continuing to tease" Number Five escaped

"I'll take good care of him." him -> her, #5 knows she's a she, so getting the gender wrong doesn't make sense.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that the prize for winning was the same as the penalty for losing ;)

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if he'll be joining the MC's team. If so, I wonder if she'll have her whole group challenge the kids surrounding him at some point so that they can all move next to him.

16. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    As far as I know, only number 1 and 9 knows her gender because 5 was previously sealed.

Dear lord, what a tragic LCD. It's filled with people trying to point out plot holes, this is why it's so hard to get into sci-fi novels. Luckily this one is pseudo-cultivation, so I won't really have trouble convincing myself.

juniorjawz and somnious like this.
  17. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Number 5 knows. Anyone in the learning space knows bc they have all of Ling Lan's data due to being in Ling Lan's spiritual body.

18. Reindeer

Reindeer RynDeeVuo

Reading List:
    Link
    K then. If that's the case, then probably a mistranslation because it's gender neutral in Chinese or something, or does that only apply to Japanese?

19. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah the pronoun, unless it's something like formal titles? are usually gender neutral for people unless indicated by the radical. Generally Ling Lan has the female radical pronoun used for her unless she's being referenced by people who don't know her gender. However, because pronouns sound the same, there can be typos in regards to writing pronouns.

To clarify, the most commonly used and gender neutral pronoun is 他. It can be used for any gender. The gender specific pronoun is 她, but is specific only for females (females can use both 他 and 她). However, they both share the same sound and accent (tā), so it's actually easy to just use the gender neutral one, which might cause confusion.

Reindeer likes this.
  20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there goes her low-key existence ;)

I wonder if the dean will be upset with her teacher. After all, the best way to protect her is to allow her to hide how truly exceptional she is.