LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Now, he only hoped that that close combat ace mecha did not have enough power to fly into the sky." Could it even be called an ace mecha if it couldn't fly, or at bare minimum, destroy a mech that was flying?

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Didn't she come up with a plan to help him dozens of chapters ago? I thought she just hadn't gone through with it because she wasn't sure if she trusted him with her cultivation technique?

3. mr.tanen

mr.tanen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as far as i recall she never came up with a solution (might be wrong tho)

4. MarkofWisdom

MarkofWisdom Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think she had some ideas of what to do (pump him full of super gene agent), but never got around to it or tried it

mr.tanen likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Her solution was to teach him her cultivation technique.

mr.tanen likes this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how many faculty members will be lost. It'll be quite unrealistic if none of them die, since many of them should be participating in the fighting.

7. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I think a fair amount of them already have

8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Really? I don't remember it being mentioned.

9. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it will be summed up again later, but I thought it mentioned there being casualties on both sides during the fighting so far, with the worst of it being on the invaders for now. The think for now the only casualties on the part of the academy would be nameless teachers and such that aren’t connected to LL. The elites showing up should add some more casualties before Ling Xiao gets there, though I doubt anyone important will die.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been wondering this for a while now, but why didn't they just take out the anti-air batteries and then commence orbital bombardment? Did they not bring any bombs for some reason? Or are bombs totally useless against massed mecha fire?

I really, really hope that Qiao Ting gets court martialed for disobeying a direct order, assuming he survives this. I sincerely doubt that he will be though.

11. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    that was my question too, though perhaps it’s an issue of efficiency/making sure their target dies rather than just bombarding everything and leaving. At least, that could be a reason given later. Or maybe they have incredible defense systems that would shoot down any missiles/bombing attempts.

Qiao Ting will probably survive by accident when Ling Xiao comes to save the day, and maybe he and others will think Ling Xiao came back to save Qiao Ting and that will make him even more arrogant and have more political focus on him. That’d be useful for LL though since it would paint a glowing target on someone else’s back

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Nah, I fully expect Ling Lan to find out from Lil' Four about Qiao Ting's predicament, feel responsible for drawing a calamity to that region, and turn around to save him. I'm just not sure if she'll bring her team with her or not.

As for her dad showing up, I doubt it'll happen until after she's saved Qiao Ting. Then, he'll probably ave a Big D**n Hero moment and destroy all the enemy mecha and the spaceships that brought them.

13. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    im not sure that LL would save Qiao Ting-she isn’t close to him and doesn’t like how he treats his underlings. Even then being from the country/school wouldn’t necessarily mean she’d go out of her way and risk her life to save him. I’m not sure if she thinks she’s responsible for the attack or not, but even if she does I don’t know that it would change her actions in regards to Qiao Ting-she was more than willing to use the other federation soldiers on the ship and in that task force as a decoy for her group during the SSS. Qiao Ting being a decoy target for her might be something she’d even like since it would draw attention away from her and her underlings

Definitely agree about Ling Xiao’s Entrance though

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, so there's no need for her to voluntarily go save Qiao Ting. They'll naturally be embroiled in the battle together. I wonder if they'll manage to kill the imperial before her father can, or if he'll windup saving them after a several brushes with death.

"Compared to being a humanoid cannon without any need for skill or technique, he still much preferred teasing baby catfish and having some fun." Then he was the absolute wrong choice for this mission and his superiors should have known it and not even bothered to bring him. People like that are a liability to themselves and their allies and are much, much more likely to fail their missions for stupid reasons like wasting too much time indulging their sadistic tendencies.

If the imperial mecha is focusing on firing at the dormitories, and the other enemy mecha aren't really doing anything, why wouldn't the defending mecha just focus all their fire on the imperial? Even an imperial mecha wouldn't survive that.

15. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    there's that confirmation of ground force casualties.

I think that how this universe plays it is quality over quantity-the imperial mecha may be strong enough to simply ignore any low level attacks using either just the physical shell or a huge reservoir of energy for a shield-similar to how Ling Xiao's god class IN mecha was able to face tank a full power shot from a massive starship using it's shield. Not to mention most of the ground forces seem to be in despair over the appearance of the imperial mecha, figuring it's useless to resist.

How likely do you think it is that the Caesar faction will throw a temper tantrum since Ling Xiao arrived, saying they broke treaty?

And yes, that sadistic imperial operator is worthless as a soldier-he would definitely ignore orders to so he could torment people more.

Even the enemy imperial mecha operator notes the dormitory shield is bloody idiotic. I really think it was a purposeful design flaw by a traitor

mr.tanen likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    While it's true that mecha are all about quality over quantity, it's also true that large numbers of mecha of one tier lower are capable of destroying a mecha of one tier higher. The main problem for them is actually hitting the mecha that's one tier higher, which wouldn't really even be the point for them here. If they could force the guy to dodge, then that would already be a minor victory since he'd have a much harder time firing his super weapon at the children.

It would be interesting if an investigation into this incident revealed that a traitor helped design the defenses, but I think standard incompetence and lack of foresight are actually more likely to be the problem.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "he was an awe-inspiring existence across the whole world." Is anyone else ever bothered by the use of "world" to mean galaxy or universe or whatever scale we're actually operating at here?

Honestly, five seconds seems a bit long. Just how far away were Ling Lan et al.?

I wonder if this rescue will inspire Qiao Ting to join the 23rd division instead of the Third.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    And this is why that imperial operator shouldn't have even been brought along, much less tasked with the most important part of the entire mission.

That aside, I wonder if Ling Lan will time things so that she meets up with Qiao Ting's group in ten seconds, or if she'll do something silly like arriving as fast as possible and actually fighting them.

19. MarkofWisdom

Reading List:
    Link
    yep, the sadistic imperial operator is an utter failure as a soldier

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C384: I appreciate that there's a decent reason why Lin Xiao isn't there yet. Though, this makes me wonder why Number One wouldn't do something drastic like wiping Lil' Four's emotions in response to it.

C385: If she weren't Ling Lan, she would have shouted out "Dad!" or "You're late!" As it is, I wonder what her first words will be to him ;)