LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I get the feeling that he never intended to win. I wonder whose spy he is.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why is Little Four asking for her help? He could definitely kill the kid if he wanted to. He'd just need to use the internet to frame him for something with a death penalty. A society like that definitely doesn't lack for crimes that carry death penalties.

That aside, she should just talk to Number One about Little Four. I'm sure he could stop that idiot from continuing to act like a moron. Though I'm not as sure that he would.

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    She could just try asking him what it is he really wants. Even if he's practically guaranteed to lie, the lie itself might be helpful in figuring something out.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds like all the groveling wasn't really worth it and he should have just been honest with her from the start. Of course, with the way the Numbers have been warping her personality, she'd probably still take a tough love approach, but it would likely be one that was more beneficial for him.

I wonder what will make him join her for real in the future. It would have to be that or becoming a rival, but he really just doesn't feel like rival material.

5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why didn't she ask one of the numbers (not 4) about her problem? This sort of thing is exactly what they're there for.

It sounds to me like a Freedom Dao would be a good fit for her, but I'm not sure how well it'd work in a world as militant as hers, so the Sovereign Dao he mentioned would likely be best. I expect she'll wind up with something different though since it was already mentioned.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a hard time believing that Four's advice will be helpful. I mean, she might accidentally stumble onto the right answer eventually by listening to him, but it'll definitely be an accident. This is of course assuming he has more advice than just "find a purpose if you don't already have one," which is pretty useless in and of itself. Something she just comes up with on the fly isn't really enough to be a Dao.

7. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I am both facepalming:facepalm: And feeling fear. Damn savage Ling Lan.

Also, was little four lying to her?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  8. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you think of her Dao? It really makes one wonder about her common sense... Though her being sick could be something that drove her to not want that for her child.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Right, we could start a harem and sow seeds?" How is a woman supposed to sow seeds? :ROFLMAO:

“Boss, you must know, whether a child is excellent or not is basically all up to the genes of the father” If we assume it’s a recessive trait, that just means that all of her sons will be phenomenal, and only her daughters’ talents will be determined by the father. Or does the author not understand genetics?

Couldn’t she just “crossdress”? I mean, she wouldn’t be the first powerful “man” who liked crossdressing and picking up men. It works for lumberjacks. No reason it couldn’t work for mecha pilots.

That aside, if she becomes an ace pilot, she can just stop pretending to be a man. The Federation only cares about how strong she is. If she can become an ace pilot as a woman, then every man in the Federation will be falling on their knees and begging her to marry them.

She's just a typical soccer mom ;)

You should try watching Drop Dead Gorgeous sometime. Christie Allie is definitely worse than Ling Lan ;)

Shance likes this.
  10. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    I'll have to watch it, if only for the comparison :blobxd:

jacobpaige likes this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what happens when she's too old to have kids anymore? Does her cultivation base collapse? Or does she switch her target to her grandkids?

12. AsianKid

AsianKid Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I usually dont read things until they have at least a 100 chapters, but the plot sounds so interesting that i read it anyway. Now i kind of regret that decision bc it's so good. I cant wait for the next chapters. Ergh....

juniorjawz, jacobpaige and Shance like this.
  13. Inute

Inute Daydreamer

Reading List:
    Link
    mmm, random 3 years pass in her mindspace... tbh dunno how to feel about that. The author will probably randomly introduce a bunch of op moves or whatever that she learned within those three years

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    So basically, if Qi Long is ever paired against Lin Lang in the first elimination match, he'll be booted from the special classes. I wonder if they're seeded in such a way that that can't happen.

If she spent 3 years in the mental space, then wouldn't she need some time to readjust to her real body?

80k students? Is this a school or a mid-sized town?

I wonder how Luo Chao will react when she finds out Ling Lan is "gay" ;)

It just said that she got a better understanding of the moves she already had. It didn't say anything about learning new moves. Considering that she already had to hold back in order to not tear the kids limb from limb, it's unlikely that we'll actually see the fruits of her labor unless an assassin makes it into the school or something.

15. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    Can-t wait, I wanna see her fight. While everyone fights tooth and nail for a place, Ling Lan will steam roll everyone.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, she's totally keeping a low profile. There's no way she'll accidentally take first place in her grade ;)

I wonder if she'll be able to hold herself back and not take first place in the school.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised that she thinks she'd need more than one move for anyone in her grade.

18. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    That is probably taking into account only nonlethal methods. Were it to be a deathmatch, no one would survive one move.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What three outlooks?

Wow, I thought we'd get at least one battle in this chapter. I hope this doesn't mean that we'll be dragging this arc on for the next 20-30 chapters or something.

20. Shance

Reading List:
    Link
    Everyone that sees Lin lang would think she was getting desperate.