LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    But in reality she's holding back so she won't get scolded by the teach while also stealing her opponent's move..

Shance likes this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she'll remember to keep the change in speed and strength reasonable so it won't be too obvious that she was taking it very easy on him ;)

3. Lazy ninja

Lazy ninja Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She will probably end up completely humiliating him.. I mean what he's using is suposed to be some secret technique of his clan and she easily sees through it and counters at a speed he can't react to despite him being so confident in his speed.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a pretty harsh life philosophy right there ;)

I wonder how many moves she'll let her next opponent have, and if they'll be silly enough to think that Ling Lan is weak to defensive tactics.

Also curious if she actually stacked her strength, or if she just stopped holding back. If the former, then I have to wonder how his shoulder was still in one piece.

5. ryuxenji

ryuxenji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :facepalm: I'm surprised no one else brought this up in the comments or the webnovel forum. (Guess most ppl read on the apps then ...) Apparently, the footnote for that particular bit doesn't work for web browsers. It shows up fine on the Android app though. After testing, I managed to fix the problem. Looks like the system doesn't accept double-quote enclosed phrases as the holder for footnotes. =.='' Had to switch it to single-quote marks for it to show up on the web browsers. Thanks for bringing up the issue! It's working now, but I'll just copy-paste the footnote for you here:

'three outlooks'
    This is Chinese internet slang referring to the following three 'outlooks' - world view, life perspective, and value system. Having your 'three outlooks' destroyed is just a humorous way of saying something is so shocking that your world is shaken down to its foundations.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Shance and jacobpaige like this.
  6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I have a feeling that all of her opponents in the future will be turtles if she doesn't start making examples by shattering some shells.

7. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    "If he could hold on till after the opponent's tenth move, then perhaps he would be able to find a way to win." Dammit Lin Lang! Giving false hope!

8. Kiriima

Kiriima Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoiler me to what chapter author is going to hide MC gender? Approximately.

9. Nolkeg

Nolkeg Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Also please spoil me how does ml look
    is he a muscular type like Qi long
    or a moderate lean type like Luo lan
    or a Intelligent type like Han Jijyun
    I'm shipping her with Qi long so much *blushing*

10. ryuxenji

Reading List:
    Link
    Go ask at the spoiler thread for the novel here:
    https://forum.novelupdates.com/threads/crossing-to-the-future-its-not-easy-to-be-a-man.50252/

I am only a few chapters ahead of what I translate so I can't answer :p, but there should be some people there who can help.

Gen17 and Nolkeg like this.
  11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought this world had laws about respecting clan legacies? If they’re so forceful about stealing them, then how have the large clans not rebelled yet? Heck, why hasn’t the military in general rebelled? What are they even fighting for if their families are going to be robbed, abused and possibly assassinated after they’re gone? They might as well do anything else besides being a soldier if their families are going to be so heavily mistreated.

Unless the point of pulling her in was to prevent her from challenging the higher ranks, they could definitely have waited until bedtime. As is, I assume that they were simply unsatisfied with her intentionally poor performance and wanted to scream at her for disgracing them like the self-centered p***s they frequently are.

This is not the place to ask for spoilers. We have a spoiler forum for a reason.

12. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    It's the same everywhere no? They are stealing the legacy because they can, the lin family is weak enough to allow that without repercussions. That and how the hell did his legacy end up in the military instead of in a safebox or something?

At the end of the day they are depriving the legacy secretly. No one to complain if no one knows.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    They had it because her father was stupid enough to trust them, which is even more reason for the rank and file to be pissed off at their betrayal. As for how they'd know, the headmaster is quite capable of leaking the information. I'm sure he has the necessary connections, and if the enemy caught wind of it, I'm sure they'd be happy to spread the information even faster and more thoroughly in an attempt to destabilize the Federation, which is probably why he didn't do it.

Shance likes this.
  14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Snatching a lit oil lamp from above your head is a very good way to set yourself on fire.

The murals sounded like different daos to me. If so, then she stopped at the wrong one.

I wonder if this is a new instructor at work here, and if they have #1's permission to be awake and active.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    How does that make sense? If the bandits have more people, more weapons, the element of surprise, and more combat experience, then what exactly is she expecting from the villagers? At best, they could take the bandits down with them, but they lack the unity, desperation, weapons and leadership to do something like that.

16. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait what, why is it suddenly so that the time she spends in the learning space time passes in real life aswell..... didn't she just spend 3 years in the learning space the day before the match?

17. ryuxenji

Reading List:
    Link
    Time has always passed in real life even when she is in the learning space. Just at different rates. As far as I can tell, the rate in the learning space can be adjusted by the instructors and Little Four. Remember, she had to ask #5 to extend the learning space time in a previous chapter. It's not clear how much time has passed with her in the tunnel with the murals up till this point, but it wouldn't be surprising for a few hours to have passed in the real world too since the time she was first sucked in to the learning space.

18. MarxDarkBear

MarxDarkBear The Great Man

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh okay, Thanks.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "How nice! So the opponents were also dumb as pigs — this made both sides even then.” :LOL:

20. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “Perhaps the history of the invasion of China, so hated by the Chinese people[...]” Considering that every empire in history, including China, has done the same thing, and in China’s case, is still doing the same thing, this comes off as pretty hypocritical to me. I hope this kind of unnecessary nationalism won't keep cropping up in this series that doesn't even take place on Earth, much less in any of its countries.