LCD Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by somnious, Oct 18, 2017.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    “the fragile women” women who are fragile don’t last long as serfs. Just saying.

Why didn’t she pick up a bow somewhere and use that? She should know how by now, and there would definitely be a bow somewhere in the village or on one of the bandits. Though finding one short enough for her to use might be difficult.

Alternatively, stocking up on knives to throw would also work. She seems to be one of those magical people that can throw non-throwing knives with supreme accuracy after all.

I dunno, that sounded an awful lot like a killing dao to me.

2. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That attitude is not something that will mesh well with the military. I wonder how she’ll get out of joining. There’s no way they’ll let her go willingly if she continues to excel. Also curious how Lil’ Four will manage to build her extremely illegal, god-class mecha, since there’s no way she’s not getting one, and the government definitely isn’t going to give one to someone not in the military.

It also seems like a path that completely rejects the learning space and it’s totalitarian treatment of her. So, if they continue with their normal methods (and I'll be shocked if they don't), it should be extremely bad for her and might well drive her to suicide or something equally drastic to free herself of their control.

That aside, I liked the Baby Making Dao better. Freedom Dao has been done by pretty much every xianxia protagonist ever.

3. 1021999

1021999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was hoping for the life dao.

4. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Even if she becomes an immortal, there won’t be enough time for her to truly master everything.

That aside, this still sounds like the generic Freedom Dao to me.

Arkeus, Lokumi and vaggelispihas like this.
  5. vaggelispihas

vaggelispihas Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well to be fair to the protagonist, her dao is that of dominance since she wants to dominate men, so she can have her baby. Its just a different kind of dominance than the one she described.....

Arkeus, somnious and jacobpaige like this.
  6. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, but it's not trash, it's ok I would say

7. Sinai

Sinai Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Every time Chinese nationalism pops up in a webnovel angry about being invaded by the Japanese or Europeans and being woken up to the reality that in the face of industrialized powers with modern weaponry they could do nothing, I can't help but think, "And that was the moment all of China realized they were just a frog in a well."

Mostly glad that arc is over. If I wanted to read about boring, non-descript villages being protected from a bandit attack by an overpowered MC, I've seen it done better a hundred times.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if her alt will be herself from her past life. I’d say that she could try online dating, but she’s physically still too young for it.

That aside, Four should really teach her some hacking. Even if she doesn’t need to use it herself, it’ll give her a better idea of what’s possible for normal people and what’s possible for Four. This could also help her to make intelligent decisions and avoid blunders, as well as giving her at least rudimentary self-defense skills.

I wonder how she’ll discover her legacy, and if Four will remove it from the school’s database once she does. I hope he does. It’s hers and they never had a right to let anyone else have a go at it in the first place.

9. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I don’t get why Four didn’t find that legacy mission for her, and all the other legacy missions for that matter. Though I do hope that he’ll block or alter the recordings of it before deleting the mission altogether so that the military and the school can’t benefit from robbing her.

10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “This child would either grow up to become a hero, or an outlaw — who knew what path he would choose in the future ...” I think this will depend on her marriage prospects and the quality of the security at the sperm bank…

I'm a bit surprised that the other children didn't start tearing the store apart.

I wonder when we'll find out what Lil' Four left to do. Honestly, I was expecting to force the log outs of everyone else in the area.

Arkeus and NightSpade like this.
  11. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    It's likely the military will know if he left a legacy or not. Even if he didn't, it's unlikely that the military would believe it. The reason why Ling Xiao gave it to the military was specifically to stop the military from possibly going after his wife and future child. What kind of person, after reaching the peak of power, wouldn't want to leave behind their legacy? Ling Xiao is still human - in fact, his very set up is to be a character that, despite all of his power, still has very human traits. Even if it's a small chance, he would never have wanted his own selfishness (leaving behind his legacy) to affect his wife and child's life.

Think about it, if he left it somewhere hidden, do you think the military would believe even for a moment that Lan Luofeng has no idea? The answer is definitely not.

As for how the military would know - Ling Xiao, due to his status as a god-class pilot, would have been watched nonstop 24/7 for both his own safety and military reasons.

Later on, you'll learn that the Intergalactic Union keeps a strict eye on all god-class pilots due to their status as human weapons of ultimate destruction. Ling Xiao was too arrogant and despite hiding a good portion of his ability and still revealed himself too brightly, resulting in heavy scrutiny. Even though his status as a god class pilot was announced posthumously, those who knew of it also wouldn't want him to escape from their surveillance despite the fact that he was on their side. Also after a period of time, he wouldn't have known if hearts would change or not and these people also knew about Lan Luofeng. So if he did actually die, even if he didn't leave behind a heritage, people would still have gone after her.

Shance likes this.
  12. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    The involvement of nationalism and anti-Japanese sentiments is a pretty cultural thing in China, unfortunately. The good thing is that later on in the story, the extreme nationalism isn't very present and the anti-Japanese sentiments drop to almost 0 due to the revelation of more enemies behind the scenes.

Also, the issue is, even if the story itself doesn't take place in actual earth, the similarities to current countries might make it difficult for the author to not include it. China's media is very...not pro freedom of speech. I believe even Qidian novels have some bit of regulation in this regard. The general rule? I think is, China must always be shown in a positive regard. However, in this novel, the story does stop the extreme nationalism at some point. Interestingly enough, it's more of a growth thing. Ling Lan goes from being very nationalist to 'uh, hm. actually, let's not.' and with a very big reason (that would be a huge spoiler). SO yah anyway as said the nationalism doesn't continue after probably around the military academy portion.

I honestly say stick around because a lot of the ideology that's present in the childhood arc begins to change as Ling Lan grows older. :'3c

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if she recognized the martial arts as being her family's. If so, I wonder what instructions she'll give Four.
    Please don't tell me about what's going to happen. Unless I've already dropped a series, I really don't want to know. Of course, if I have dropped it, then I probably still don't want to know, but that's more due to lack of interest than avoidance of spoilers.

Arkeus likes this.
  14. Astrum91

Astrum91 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really hope she finds out that the military was hoarding her father's legacy. After they betrayed her father with the whole family inheritance thing and now the legacy, I really want her to set them as an enemy.

jacobpaige and Yarbles like this.
  15. Anon_711

Anon_711 Dress Break - Level(Max)

Reading List:
    Link
    Series title renamed: - "Crossing back and forth to the future. It's not easy being a God-level AI"

Lokumi likes this.
  16. Lokumi

Lokumi 『The second greatest trash of society』

Reading List:
    Link
    AHAHAHAH ! The military fucked up big this time again !

17. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    Any loyalty Ling lan had has plummeted.

Lokumi likes this.
  18. Yarbles

Yarbles Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I prefer her as a lone wolf.
    Not helping the military directly, only helping to protect earth and her loved ones.
    It fits with the of 'I'm doing whatever the hell I want' Dao

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    “This has nothing to do with fairness or luck. Sometimes, luck is also a kind of strength.” Is this a mistranslation, did he just contradict himself, or was the second sentence unrelated to the first?

If she wants general info on her father, then why doesn’t she just ask Four? Even if he doesn’t know, a quick internet search would tell him. Her father was famous, which should be apparent by the fact that he could create a place like that at such a young age.

It occurs to me that she could cheat right now by using Four to text her mother and ask her for the answer. I assume he’s capable of making sure that she’s the only one who sees the message.

Yarbles likes this.
  20. ryuxenji

ryuxenji Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Nope, I checked again since you brought it up. Not a mistranslation.
    Here's the original for your reference: 这不是公平不公平,运气不运气的事情,有时候,运气也是一种实力。
    Literally, it would be ... This has nothing to do with fair or unfair, lucky or unlucky. Sometimes, luck is also a kind of strength.

But you make a good point about the contradiction. <.< I'll edit it to make more sense.

Arkeus and jacobpaige like this.