Spoiler Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Galaxii, Oct 19, 2017.

1. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    He sleeps until Chapter 700! If I remember, his hibernation lasts for half a year or so :3c

Ling Lan's hell training is for the good of others though! If they aren't trained so ruthlessly then they might actually die on battlefield

2. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thank you. I know...the more sweat you at training, the less bleed you at war...the law of survival!

somnious likes this.
  3. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, I came for the spoilers bc I NEED TO KNOW MORE ASDFGHJKL;

Faened likes this.
  4. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    :3c what do you need to know?

theragingpanda likes this.
  5. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello, how many level for body foundation? And can you help me list it out the name of level from lowest to the highest rank? :aww:
    And, what level Ling Xiao now? :hmm:
    I'm bit confused about it...:blobconfused:

6. theragingpanda

theragingpanda ‹ lost in the books ›

Reading List:
    Link
    About Papa Xiao and I already read it from the previous posts. hehehehe :blobmelt::blobmelt::blobmelt:

somnious likes this.
  7. Food food

Food food Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    How come MC father is alive.....
    More spoiler about MC ML interaction.....

8. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    There's 6 major stages of body foundation. I can't 100% translate all of their names as they're pretty much made up by the author. Also my translations will probably sound a lot less flowery compared to other xianxia novels due to the fact that it actually is very non-decorative. This is because I believe the author's intention is for the story to be more scifi, so what's presented isn't really martial arts but military unarmed combat (which means there's a lot less performance and a lot more effectiveness), which also reflects in how they categorize people's abilities. Although I won't elaborate, it's hinted in the story that your later on advancement through body foundation is very heavily dependent on your spiritual power and ability.

Stage 1 and 2 (everyone in this stage in the story is either a kid or cannon fodder, emphasis on cannon fodder):

1. 基础 - Basic/Fundamental; hai there cannon fodder

2. 具现 - Borderline?/In the Object/state; this one is rather confusing, my friend explained a bit of it to me before and states it's essentially the borderline between normal physical ability (think our non-magical world's athleticism) and the beginning of going beyond (I feel like a good description of this would be when Dragon Ball becomes Dragon Ball Z)

Stage 3 (congrats, you're either a genius or you're also cannon fodder. Whether or not you're a dragon or a worm depends on yourself and also who's out there ready to reconstruct you with devil/hell training and A LOT of steroids gene and body repair medication):

3. 入微 - Nuanced/Micro; this one is when a practitioner gains more understanding, essentially, and can start breaking past the human (our human) limits. This stage is the story's 'hey you're not that weak anymore' stage for the general population. Uh. Ling Lan and her little partners are monsters so you can't put them into the equation. This is also the point where you gain the 'are you a dragon or are you a worm' saying because it depends on your ability whether or not you can enter the next stage.

Stage 4 - 5 (You're either high level cannon fodder or you're actually an important character. Uh. If you're against Ling Lan and don't have god level backing, then you're definitely cannon fodder):

4. 气劲 - Qijin; I can only translate this as Qijin bc there isn't an actual Chinese to English equivalent. If you break down the word, it will say 'air' and 'force', but not the plane kind. It's that point in most xianxia/wuxia stories where people are able to manifest qi/ki/chi attacks. Most people end up here for a good portion of their life time and can't advance any further. This is already considered genius equivalent for the general population but is still common enough for military leaders to throw away. Generally how early you enter Qijin determines how likely you'll be able to enter the next stage, as the next stage requires a great deal of luck? (questionable)

This is also where martial arts starts to branch out and is also the part where BS gender discrimination starts because apparently women entering Qijin is very rare (later on it's explained that it's because female bodies have a hard time absorbing the qi from the breakthrough between nuanced and Qijin which affects growth later on, but there seems to be regional? variation as a certain ethnicity of people have females that have the ability to enter the next stage).

Qijin is when breakthrough becomes more difficult as it's separated into 3 major stages - starting/beginning, middle, and late/after. Each major stage has a number of smaller stages that requires the increase of one specific attribute of the body to break through (i.e. strength, speed, reflex, etc.). This is also why this stage is the hardest grind. Most people will be stuck at the final stage - Late Qijin Great Perfection.

4.5. 半步领域 - Half Step to Domain; Basically if you hit this point, then you're 100% guaranteed to be able to enter the next stage. Congrats, you're no longer cannon fodder ????? ? ? ? ? (still questionable)

5. 领域 - Domain/Area; This is where body foundation leaves futuristic military and becomes straight up supernatural. The story has a phrase that goes "All Under Domain Are Lowly Ants" and that's exactly what it means. Even half step might let you survive for....5 seconds against these monsters. At this level, you can even start taking out lower tier mecha if you want to!

What makes this stage more magical than scientific is the appearance of elemental power. What kind of Domain ability you gain seems to be somewhat rooted in what spiritual awakening talent you have as well as????? medicine steroids? Generally people will awaken elements related to their spiritual talent in the line of Fire, Water, Wood, Earth, Metal as well as a Special category. People with double talents might even gain double elemental fields (very rare, cough Ling Lan of course is one of them, how did you know?). It seems that people who undergo Ling Lan's Hell Training will awaken Domain abilities related strictly to their spiritual talents while those who are intentionally cultivated by the military might gain specific elements such as lightning and fire (the two strongest offensive elements).

However, not only can you wield your new powers, you can even become it.

Domain is split into 3 major stages - Normal (normal mob), Titled (elite/named mob), and Emperor (BOSS). Emperor Domain stage foundation means that you can literally 1v1 an imperial-class mecha. In space. Damn, now that's what you call power. As of currently, there are only 9 known Emperor Domain stage foundation users in the known universe compared to thousands of imperial-class mecha pilots. Not including a specific place that has that ethnic group. That is for another day.

There's also a very fate breaking domain ability known as spacial manipulation which has only appeared in history once. Inb4 someone says that this is a joke towards all the SSS class space manipulation users in xianxia, you're right, it is. Because that guy died trying to 'take over the universe' or something, but also managed to take out a god-class mecha while still a puny normal domain user. So, uh. Lesson learned, if you want to take over the universe and have space manipulation, you should probably hide it until you reach at least half step to god?

Also, by the way, space manipulation isn't the only fate breaking ability. There's an even more terrifying one...wielded by none other than Ling Xiao.

Stage 5.5 - 6 (congrats on making it to this point! You can finally start prying off that gosh darn cannon fodder tag!):

5.5. 半步神域 - Half Step to God; congrats, all your hard work has paid off! You're no longer cannon fodder! You can break the system starting now...? Maybe. Actually no, not yet. You're still a little too weak my dude. This is also known as the Big Boss that people who have two different Domain/Spiritual abilities/talents have to cross due to the destiny bound limits set by our great author and also the story's world bc honestly at this point I would be crying BS if a lot of people could make it here too.

6. 神域 - God; now you really aren't cannon fodder. If you wanted to escape your cannon fodder life, please reach this stage because this literally means you can fucking 1v1 a god-class mecha and no one will dare to touch you because you've surpassed the limits of humanity and have broken into the quantum world of being at all places at once. Even if the federations want to keep their tabs on you, they can try???????? But compared to god-class pilots, their attempts would be ineffective. You're literally God. You've Done It.

In the story, currently there are only 2 official God foundation martial artists, with maybe 2 or more hidden deep in the depths of the unknown. Ling Lan's Qimong teacher, Mu Shuiqing (木水清), is one of the 2 known god level monsters. Also, mentor no. 1 is at this stage too.

---

Anyway, thank you for bearing with me on that. Next on to our most pressing question: What Stage is Ling Xiao?

It's never outright stated what stage Ling Xiao is due to the fact that he likes playing the pig that eats tigers. Except he's a tiger that's actually a dragon that eats dragons because he never could be a pig even if he wanted to be one. His motto is: the more trumps up your sleeve, the longer you live; and guess what, that's exactly how he tries to live.

This is probably why Ling Xiao's true abilities are always so confusing, bc even to the end he hides an extremely huge secret about himself and the depths of his power.

Based on the conjectures of other people, mainly Mentor No. 1, Ling Xiao is most likely at Half-Step to God. This is due to the fact that Ling Xiao, like Ling Lan, is a double talent and double domain user. As a result, his stellar talent also became the double edged blade that kept him from advancing to the next stage.

Ling Xiao's alive due to the fact that he's literally Too Strong. Initially he was swallowed up by a black hole that only spat him out into a separate dimension. He spent 16-17 years wandering that space looking for the same black hole to go home through and it's implied that his mecha basically was a seraphic angel to those primitive humans (lol I honestly can't tell if the author is parodying religion or is actually serious).

Hmm. This is a little broad. Since we're close to Valentine's day....I might compile a few MC/ML interactions. What does everyone want to know?

As of now, there has been a few instances of Ling Lan (unconsciously? or probably consciously la u ghs) teasing Li Lanfeng, instances of Li Lanfeng dropping his bottom line to accommodate Ling Lan's every whim, that time where Ling Lan learns Li Lanfeng's real identity...while thinking she accidentally broke into a woman's boudoir while looking for Li Shuyu (Li Lanfeng's younger cousin and also Ling Lan's mecha clan's doctor), Li Lanfeng realizing he's hopelessly in love with Ling Lan...and then the current arc where our MC and ML's love is supposed to grow into full bloom but madame Ru is a sadi-cough-has been very sick and on break so hasn't been able to write any new chapters...

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  9. Myross17

Myross17 [Queen of Underworld] [Immortal Cultivator]

Reading List:
    Link
    MCs father, Ling Xiao, is really funny.

Due to the heritage blahblah, I thought he is a stern and strict father yet when he started showing up, he's kind of cute and sweet loving father.

When he thought MC is a male, he is strict towards her since their first meeting, MC is really cold towards him and didn't allowed him to see his wife, MCs mom, because MC kind of angry at him for leaving them alone for military duty. But when he learned MC is a female and not a male, his attitude to her drastically change. He even thought that MC cold personality is cute and lovely :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: he even told to himself (when he realized that he send MC to boys military school which he regretted eventually) that he send MC into wolf den and that he will kill them if they touh his baby daughter :blobjoy::blobjoy:
    There is also a funny part when he started reading books about father-child relationships so
    Therefore, this meeting, according to the instructions in the book to do: Father's love can not be hidden, must be fully demonstrated, or children will feel unbearable, that you do not love him ... ... only let your child feel your love, He will accept you in order to establish close relations with the child ...

Of course, when reading books, absolutely must ignore the bottom of the cover that very small line: This book applies only to 0-3-year-old baby

Direct copy-paste from raws (mtl)

10. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, thank you for this. Err, well...it's bit confusing when you write about canon fodder. It seems this level only stuck at God-level. Well, not bad. Other stories has more than God-level, like divine and chaos god something and so on..
    If I read correctly, Ling Xiao's one of the two talents are Copy talent, right? He at peak Demi-god level if I'm not wrong, because mtl... Also, Ling Lan is Ice domain and Insight talent...correct?

Sigh...so many confusing things, secrets, deceits, lies, misunderstandings, and super slow romance between Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng (Li Mulan). Poor guy, LLF need to endure his feelings because he still didn't know LL true gender. I feel bad for him..

Btw, when he know about LL true gender? At war? Or, accidentally heard it ?or LL told him personally? Err..which chapter he know LL gender?

And the author, is sick? He/she good? Or...I misunderstood what you write-and-slice?

11. Myross17

Reading List:
    Link
    I am really curious. Both in mtl and translated chapter, I seem can't imagine what is the mecha looks like.

Is it like these voltes5/gundam machine or sort of robotic armor?

Ahhh sorry for asking this poor question, i just getting hard time imagining it from the start especially when they enter the virtual world...

In VR world, before MC can get her rabbit mecha, she's walking in her own body (old life appearance at age of 16 (?)) but when she got her mecha, is she always in her mecha whenever she's in VR world?

And how big is the mecha? (If it is like those gundam like mecha)

12. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    SDFHSDF sorry the strikeout thing was a joke where I was calling the author a sadist for withholding chapters. Yes, the author is sick, unfortunately. She's been sick for quite a while now for various different reasons.

Well, it's not that the story is 'stuck at god-level' but the fact that no one's surpassed god level in either body foundation or mecha piloting. As a result, the stages only go up to god level for now, though I doubt the author intends to exceed it since she does have a solid plot.

Yeah, Ling Xiao's publicly known talent is Skill Copy and peak Demi-god is Half Step to God (Stage 5.5). His unknown ability is Devour, which is essentially Li Lanfeng's death god ability, but in real life. Hence why it's even more terrifying than space manipulation.

Yes, Ling Lan's two abilities are Ice Domain and Insight Domain.

As of the most recent chapter, no Li Lanfeng has not figured out Ling Lan is a woman. This is highly due to the fact that she hasn't gone through puberty, so her chest is very, very flat murdered by Ling Lan. And uh, he's not really enduring it anymore. At this point he's just 'I really want to be with Ling Lan no matter what', including voluntarily climbing her bed to try and seduce her *cough*.

I'm sure he'll learn soon since Ling Lan's stopped taking the hormone suppressant shots and can't access them and she's had her first period.

The author never really elaborates exactly what the mecha look like, she just describes what they're called and their abilities. I like to imagine Five Star Monogatari style mecha bc it's more my aesthetic but I'm sure she intends it to be up to the reader. It's likely to be some form of robotic armor; however, once you reach imperial and god class, the materials are supposed to change, even more so with god-class so at that point it might not just be plain metal and gears. The material used to make god-class mecha is the same that's used in Mengdola to create android body parts for highly intelligent AIs.

Yes, once you enter the Mecha world, minus specific zones (i.e. civilian buildings, army bases, starships) you're always in your mecha.

Uh the size of the mecha??? is questionable. Generally the logic is the higher class mecha you pilot, the larger they are. Early on in the series, the author states that the mecha that Ling Lan sees are only a few meters; however, later on it takes a mecha two strides to close a 50 meter space, which led me to do some calculations that resulted in the mecha being something around 25-30 meters????? I think the author wanted to leave this up to imagination too (nervous laughter).

13. MiyaMira

MiyaMira Jobseeking Sloth ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Certified Imouto

Reading List:
    Link
    I like to think that the god class mecha is like the ones in magic knight rayearth, and the ants cannon fodder ones are like basic gundam style.

D_ania and Aeiru28 like this.
  14. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In your/other recent post, LLF know the truth about Phoenix prophecy bc LL time when her breakthrough into emperor-level in Domain. And, yes. He tried to kill her while in her weakest state(breakthrough state). After that, he rmember her help in their 20 somthing years friendship, and decided to go all out of LL *love*friend*. Sigh...

And Ling Yi? This guy, I'm still confused either he know about the truth of his father dead. In Ling Tian Regiment recent war (I think the 2nd war after Star Cape War) with Caesar kingdom, Ling Yi heard LLF order to kill, but LL that time accepting the surrendering party and stop the attack. How come? This LLF, and Li Clan, should be trusted? I tried to think many possibilities about LLF action.
    Like...he goes all out because LL do not know about the humanitarian rule, and tried to close the truth(?)
    Or, he tried to sweep away all his *love rival* for LL?
    Or, he know Caesar will goes all out after LL crazy command of kill without amnesty?
    Or, like Ling Yi thought, LLF tried to use Ling Clan to let Li Clan become more strong?
    Or, LLF want to create a new Li Clan and let his brother/cousin take over?
    Well, if you felt this possibilities is indeed weird, just ignore it. Hehe:blobpats:

JimmyFalcon likes this.
  15. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ughh..I'm at chapter where a terrible existence come forth. :blobfearful:
    It talk about copy talent machine...now I have a bad omen. This...I hope it's not like I'm imagine will happen. It's so scary that I felt nauseous...:blobtired:...
    I want to continue to read, but I'm scared. I hate to see Ling Lan hurt...her family, her small friends, and her trusted aids...
    This terrible things should be ended as early as possible...it's for my own heart and feeling . .:blobwoah:

16. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Ling Yi has not yet learned of the truth around his father's death.

The reason why Ling Lan stopped the attack despite Li Lanfeng ordering to kill is bc of moral ethics. Even if Ling Lan doesn't want the enemy to survive, she still has to maintain an image as a regiment head as a humane and ethical soldier. Thus Li Lanfeng gave the kill order bc he understood Ling Lan's thoughts and was willing to play the bad cop to Ling Lan's good cop. They often play a very good duet dance and can compliment each other's actions perfectly (minus every time Li Lanfeng tries to die for Ling Lan).

Li Lanfeng can be trusted. In fact, if Ling Lan couldn't trust anyone, she would still be able to trust Li Lanfeng. Li Lanfeng would rather take his own heart out and mince it before ever betraying Ling Lan. However, also because he doesn't want people to know the depths of his feelings towards Ling Lan (mostly his cousin, Li Shuyu, ad his grandfather), he acts like he's using Ling Lan to gain power. He's probably more likely to throw the Li Clan at Ling Lan to use as she wish lol.

Ling Yi isn't really a love rival so much as Ling Lan's biggest fan boy. Like Qilong and Luo Lang, he wants to take the place at Ling Lan's side as her most trusted person (going as far as to refusing to be freed from his dead warrior identity) - the spot that Li Lanfeng wants. However, because he didn't grow up with Ling Lan like Qilong and Luo Lang, Li Lanfeng is much more cautious when it comes to Ling Yi - especially since he's supposed to be Ling Lan's sishi (dead warrior).

This might be rooted in the fact that Li Lanfeng grew up as the number one heir to the Li Clan and realized that he couldn't trust anyone, not even his own sishi, and is familiar with the rules regarding this class of people. For a clan, sishi cannot have identities outside of the family, a rule created for the sake of preventing these servant class people from betraying the clan for better resources. Thus Ling Yi's identity as a man who wants to return to being Ling Lan's sishi is absolutely unacceptable to not just Li Lanfeng, but any person who grew up as a main family member of a clan.

I don't remember exactly if Li Lanfeng knows about Ling Yi's circumstance as I don't think Ling Lan would tell him. However, he's very smart, so it's likely that he realized from how Ling Lan treated Ling Yi (sending him away from the main family, attempting to remove him from his sishi status while still giving him a great amount of resources to grow up, keeping a distance when he does return) that Ling Yi was someone he had to be cautious about. I wouldn't be surprised if he probably figured out that Ling Yi was a chess piece that Ling Lan buried.

Ling Yi, of course, is absolutely loyal to Ling Lan. However, this is where the issue arises. He's loyal to Ling Lan but at the same time he wants to live like a normal person. This is likely due to the fact that Ling Lan didn't want him to be her sishi in the first place so he wasn't raised with the same regulations that would have made him a good sishi. As a result, his inability to remain distant and unattached towards the people he grew up with caused him to fail the very basics. He's also suspicious of all the people around Ling Lan, which is another issue - he can't trust Ling Lan's own judgement. Hence why his suspicion of Li Lanfeng would have made him even more of a failure as a sishi. Basically all of his assumptions towards Li Lanfeng is just his inability to trust him as well as what Li Lanfeng wants him to see.

As for the Li Clan, Li Lanfeng doesn't intend to create another one and nor does he intend to help them. He is trying to push Li Yingjie into the seat of clan head for the Li clan. It's unlikely that he will make another Li Clan because he will likely marry into Ling Lan's family and be her empress.

Don't worry, you'll end up crying a lot but the end result isn't as bad as it first appears :3c

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  17. Myross17

Reading List:
    Link
    What do you mean?
    Can you spoil about those crying/drama scenario?

And how did Li LanFeng found out that MC is the Phoenix King?
    Can you spoil about this?
    Is he going to tell MC about it?

18. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    If I said it, it would lessen the impact. :'3c So just patiently keep reading

Li Lanfeng has inklings early on, but suppresses it bc he assumes that Ling Lan isn't attracted to his face. He only fully acknowledges it when Ling Lan's right about to breakthrough to emperor level domain body foundation.

As of yet, he still hasn't told Ling Lan anything about his supposed Phoenix Empress fate

sharlnina likes this.
  19. D_ania

D_ania Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh...like that. Now I understand. Thank you so much. The second one...crying? So, there are some of her friends were dead? Oh no!! No way! Wuwuwuwu:blobcry::blobfearful:

20. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    :3c

D_ania likes this.