Spoiler Crossing to the Future, it's Not Easy to Be a Man

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by Galaxii, Oct 19, 2017.

1. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a lot of funny parts. If there's something that you're having difficulty reading, I can help translate it for you. In think one of my favorites that's coming up is how Li Lanfeng sees Ling Lan smile for the first time (from seeing Ling Xiao rescue her), and then, after, when Li Lanfeng sees Li Yingfei (who has the same face as him) and he's in pain while holding onto Ling Lan's hand. Another part further on during the mecha tournament where Ling Lan and her team (not small partners, but school rivals) are playing rock paper scissors to decide the competition setup.

The little brothers refer to the five kids that Ling Lan meets early on before entering the First Men's Military Academy. They make up the very core of Ling Lan's team and each has different specialties and are geniuses in their own right.

The people under the term are: Qi Long, Luo Lang, Xie Yi, Han Jijun, and Lin Zhongqin.

Little partners (another term you might have seen) encompasses the little brothers as well as the remaining people that join Ling Lan's group. These people are the remaining initial 9 other kids that Ling Lan meets during the Scout Academy exam as well as the core team members that join them after Ling Lan enters the First Men's Military Academy.

Most notable are -

Pre-FMMA: Luo Chao (Luo Lang's twin sister), Han Xuya (Han Jijun's cousin)

During-FMMA: Zhao Jun (really strong/genius mecha pilot), Chang Xinyuan (genius mecha repair/engineer), Li Shuyu (genius doctor), Li Yingjie (original rival that actually rly wants to join LL so he ends up here too lol)

The ML (Li Lanfeng) isn't considered under Ling Lan even though he first met her when they were kids, but is actually Ling Lan's first and only actual friend friend (best friend).

Ling Lan displays her full power once in front of Qi Long's dad and some top leveled examiners at around chapter 600-610. However, only Qi Long's father, her dad's special forces commander, and the people who were on her team for the battle examination actually know her identity. The point where she actually shows off her full power in front of everyone and becomes the new rising star of her era should be around the 800s, during the cape planet war arc.

I highly suggest reading everything up to that point, though bc a lot of the serious plot start moving after the cape war arc. There's a very, very, very big spoiler after Ling Lan comes back from vacation (lol? idk what would be Ling Lan's vacation bc she almost dies again,,,,).

2. LNOnlineOtaku

LNOnlineOtaku Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I get it now thx

3. bloddyrose

bloddyrose Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    wow chapter 600 - 610 and 800 looks interesting. :D:D...and thanks @somnious u're d best:love::love::love::love:

somnious likes this.
  4. SweetShireen

SweetShireen Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't understand, does Ling Xiao really DIE? I thought he came back to life, but smth awful happens to him again??? What's the point of him even coming back then ahh, I really want Ling Lan to have both of her parents :(

Can someone please spoil what this is all abt and how he survives/dies

5. Nosek

Nosek Member

Reading List:
    Link

I really really want to know what happened to them especially her father

And in which chapter did she go to vacation? And thank you

6. PrincessBubblegum

PrincessBubblegum Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone please do a summary of the 7th grade vs 10th grade melee fight XD

evilwang likes this.
  7. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Major spoilers on Ling Xiao and some setting elements mixed with my own analysis and educated guesses.

Ling Xiao's purpose is Ling Lan. Ling Lan, who was given up on by her parents of a previous life, can finally begin to heal this hidden trauma because of Ling Xiao's never ending deep love. His gaze at her will never transform into pain, guilt, or disillusionment. It will only carry happiness at her existence.

Ling Xiao dies physically. However, he's still alive as a split soul.

As stated before, humans have a concentration of spiritual energy that acts as their soul and consciousness which is what also manifests as their spiritual talent.

Ling Xiao is a strange one. Not only is he a dual spiritual talent user, he has, in essence, two souls (the author calls them spiritual cores). They're derived from his [ Copy ] and [ Devour ] talents and have characters inline with each other. In order to achieve balance, both are required to exist within the same place.

The 'Ling Xiao' we see up until his biological death is majorly his [ Copy ] talent character. This Ling Xiao is warm, gentle, the national idol, Lan Luofeng's ever obedient and spoiling husband, Ling Lan's beloved father. He is the Ling Xiao that plays nice, the sun in the sky, charismatic and kind.

So what happened to him?

Ling Xiao, in order to save Ling Lan, goes up against one of the strongest God-class pilots in the universe and sacrifices himself.

However, Little Four cannot allow such a thing to happen, after all, Ling Xiao is his father too. Thus, Little Four exhausts all of the spiritual power he's stored up until now as well as Ling Lan's and manages to absorb Ling Xiao's soul.

Well. One of them.

Upon absorbing Ling Xiao's soul into the study space, Little Four is confronted with Ling Xiao's other soul core, [ Devour ]. In order to protect him, Little Flowers is severely injured before Little Four can spit out Ling Xiao's [ Devour ] soul core. However, the battle leaves Little Four heavily damaged and thus in a coma state, while Ling Lan passes out from the sudden surge. The Learning Space is shut off because of this.

Why did Little Four have to spit out the [ Devour ] soul core? Please remember Li Lanfeng's spiritual ability - virtual death. While it's called 'virtual death' it's more like 'spiritual degradation/absorption', but can only be manifested in the digital world. Ling Xiao's [ Devour ] talent is essentially a never ending black hole that can consume the real world, making it the strongest talent of all. It's so terrifying that even Mengdola feared it long after conquering everything else (the universe that Little Four and the learning space is from). Upon absorbing Ling Xiao's [ Devour ] core, Ling Xiao's power began to devour Ling Lan's own energy. As a result, Ling Xiao's soul was split in two.

So how is Ling Xiao still 'alive'? This ties back to the Talent Copying Machine that I talked about earlier here. Ling Xiao's situation is number 2.

There is a man (i can't remember his name right now) who existed as Ling Xiao's rival and was constantly suppressed by Ling Xiao's greatness. However, he has the Talent Copying Machine grafted into his spiritual body. This man coveted Ling Xiao's copy talent for a long time, believing that it was the reason why Ling Xiao was so strong. This man, is (or now, was) the leader of Longxian (the strongest super genius clan in the Federation), and may have been one of the major behind the scene people who led to Ling Xiao's initial 'sacrifice'.

Despite being able to help Ling Xiao, this man hid in order to wait for the moment Ling Xiao died to absorb his copy talent. However, instead, he absorbed Ling Xiao's [ Devour ] core that had been thrown out by Little Four.

Unfortunate. His own spiritual consciousness was consumed by Ling Xiao, thus allowing him to take over the man's body as well as obtain a portion of his memories. Ling Xiao's [ Devour ] character is the polar opposite of his [ Copy ] character. He's dark and cold, much like Ling Lan, yet carries a kind of evil charm. He is hegemonic and overtly calculating, grasping Longxian with an iron hand while working behind the scenes to protect his daughter and wife, the only people he cares about in this world. Because his enemies could not allow him to play nice, now Ling Xiao won't. This Ling Xiao makes us realize that he and Ling Lan really are father and daughter.

However, this separation has left both cores unstable. The [ Copy ] core has gone into slumber while the [ Devour ] core is constantly on the edge of destabilizing.

Thus, Ling Xiao is alive, but not fully physically so. I'm assuming that once Ling Lan revives Ling Xiao (she can't right now bc she's in the disorderly zone while Ling Xiao is in the Federation) she will either make a new body for him using one of the god-class mecha material meant for making AI/spiritual consciousness bodies or place his [ Copy ] core into Ling Xiao's 'new' body (I'm going to bet former cuz his 'new' body is far from suitable or perfect).

Anyway, sorry this got really long, lol. Thank you for bearing with me.

Xie Yi was also absorbed by Little Four. However, due to the issue with Ling Xiao's soul, Xie Yi's was also injured.

Ling Lan's 'vacation' starts on Chapter 928 "Abandoning/Running away from Home".

The melee fight is actually kind of brief because this arc is more focused on another issue - an assassination attempt on Ling Lan during the fight.

Ling Lan equalizes the playing field by taking out the strongest team (with the strongest students) from the 10th grade. In the process, she discovers Xie Yi, who had been hiding in the Special B class. Ling Lan leaves him to fight one of the 10th grade students and calls over her little partners to watch him.

From the very start, Ling Lan was aware of her assassins and used the 10th grade team to make herself appeared injured and weaker than she actually is. When the assassin group (dressed as scout academy teachers) arrive at the scene, rather than helping the unconscious students, they go after Ling Lan with the intention of killing her. The assassins are actually special Federation soldiers who were given the mission to kill a traitor's child before he grows up and thus did not know of Ling Lan's actual identity.

Ling Lan slowly picks off the assassins one by one (It's a 5 person team). However, Ling Lan's murder of the first assassin caused captain of the team to become emotionally destabilized and allowed his bottleneck to loosen. This allows the captain manages to breakthrough to domain stage (Ling Lan at this time is still around Qijin Late period - Qijin late period great perfection, so one step to one segment from Domain?), greatly endangering Ling Lan. He manages to use his new domain ability to capture and completely render Ling Lan unable to move or fight back. Ling Lan is taken back by the captain to his one remaining teammate and the corpses of the rest of his party for the sake of revenge.

Just as the remaining team member is about to snap Ling Lan's neck, Mentor No. 5 takes over her body to save her. He rips out the team member's heart while laughing before crushing it with his hands. The captain is terrified and angered. No. 5 complains that No. 9 is telling him to finish faster (bc his Domain use severely depletes Ling Lan's health and spiritual power) and then proceeds to suck out all of the water from the captain's body before letting No. 9 take over Ling Lan's body. No. 9 uses her domain ability to annihilate all evidence before taking Ling Lan's body back to the villa/dorm she lived in and telling Lan Luofeng that there was an assassination attempt on her. After this is complete, she relinquishes her control and Ling Lan passes out completely in Lan Luofeng's arms.

8. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh wow! :D thanks a lot

9. lucjanssens

lucjanssens a very ¨rabbit¨ bunny

Reading List:
    Link
    so how strong are those teachers in the learning space?
    and how freely can they leave?
    is that explained?

10. PrincessBubblegum

Reading List:
    Link
    What does the dean do afterwards after he finds out that they (disguised teachers) tried to kill ling lan?

11. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For what I understand those teachers should be a god level. They can't leave unless LL can make a body that can house their powerful soul(?) but they can possess LL in critical time to help her.
    For more clarification let ask @somnious :aww:

lucjanssens likes this.
  12. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @somnious is there any news from the author?
    Is the latest chapter indicate LL successfully enter the God domain?
    im super looking forward
    LL x LF (can't get over how LF try to win LL):blobmelt:
    Xei Yi x Lou Lang (BL:blobxd:)
    4th x 1st
    5th x 9th

HeXie likes this.
  13. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link

WOW Thanks for that very detailed explanation, your writing style is so captivating I almost wish you were still the translator lol

But let's get this straight. Ling Xiao has TWO souls one the goody two shoes/god everyone knows and loves, the other is calculating/evil/mastermind (YESSS) and he sacrifices the former for ling lan. Right now he's taken over the body of some sneaky guy who tried to back stab him and only Devour mode is on and Ling lan is going to unite both souls in his original body when she comes back? Is that it?

That seems pretty far in the future, but I'm also curious about the present story line where he only exists as a training inheritance. Did he or did he not die in the plot 13 years ago? If he's alive, how did he come back to life? What is Ling Lan and lanfeng's reaction when he comes back. I just want to know how our favorite god class operator survived and what the world's, but mostly his family's, reaction to this is.

sharlnina and JimmyFalcon like this.
  14. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    iirc LX did not sacrifice the copy for LL rather he is ready to sacrifice himself fully to save LL but little four save him and xie yi. Too bad the 'devour' is so strong that it try to devour little 4 so he spit it out(?). The guy who plotted LX want to get the copy talent of LX to bad he got the 'devour' and when he try to integrate the talent he was devour instead and replace by 'devour LX'.

LX didn't die in the plot 13yrs ago and he survive the black hole. He got thrown out far far away and he been searching the same(?) black hole so that he can come home but it takes 16yrs to find that black hole that connects to his home galaxy/system. LL was suspicious at first if he was really LX,ask him questions and have complicated feelings about her father. Lanfeng was of course super happy about LX return but got angry after she learns that LX enroll LL in the first military school. The military and citizens are happy that he return except for the enemies who wants him dead.

15. SweetShireen

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh I see, thank you!

why was she mad that he enrolled LL?

Audene likes this.
  16. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Because she(&LL) plan for her daughter to enroll in a low rate school and slowly despair in the eyes of the world. This plan is to restore LL female status but alas LX without knowing that his child is a daughter not a son enroll LL in first military school. And also why they dont want to enroll in that scholl is because they have a physical check up and it will be hard to hide her gender. Thankfully after knowing this LX use back door/influence to change things so that LL gender is still hidden.

BTW the translation is catching up to this scene I think 11 more chap to go for LX return.

JimmyFalcon and bloddyrose like this.
  17. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    I would assume that all of the teachers are Emperor Domain level and above. No. 1 is confirmed to be at God stage while it's hinted that Ling Xiao is stronger than No. 5 (Ling Xiao is confirmed to be at Half-Step to God), which would probably place No. 5 at either Emperor Domain or close to Half-Step. The mentors are ranked by their strength with the exception of No. 9, who was given her number due to being the last one to join them (after the numbers were initially decided). The only exception is No. 3, who is hinted to be possibly weaker than No. 5 in body arts, but has his rank as one of Mengdola's strongest mecha pilots.

I'm not sure exactly how freely they're allowed to leave the learning space as they're technically considered as a 'part' of the whole 'body' (Little Four). However, it is shown that if they're given enough permission or reason, as long as a proper 'body' is constructed for them, they can manifest in the real world. That 'body' has to be made of one of the most controlled resource materials in the universe (as it's one of the massively important building blocks of god-class mecha). I don't exactly remember what it's called, but later on in the story, Ling Lan begins to hunt for this material for the sake of Little Four and her teachers.

A misunderstanding is created, due to No. 9 destroying all evidence, between the Dean and Mu Shuiqing. The Dean assumes that Mu Shuiqing killed the assassins and is trying to make him clear out the possible 'non-pure' school factions, thus leading to him forcing out the military personnel sent to watch Ling Xiao's heritage space (how the assassins got in initially), as well as use the assassination as an excuse to get rid of certain teachers.

The latest chapters have stated that Ling Lan has successfully entered a 'false' God Domain that needs to be solidified by a life and death battle with a true God Domain user within the time limit of 3 days. If she isn't able to do so, she will lose her chance of ever entering God Domain in this life.

To be honest, im kind of neutral on this situation as I feel like the author could have framed the entire arc in a more action packed and meaningful way. I was kind of expecting Ling Lan to meet Li Lanfeng in the false world :'3c I also feel this was a great opportunity to improve side characters as well as Li Lanfeng u_u (imagine him entering emperor domain or half step to it ahhhhhh). Author please let the little partners have some time to shine T____T

Ahhh thank you ;u; Haha, honestly translating was fun but also a lot more time consuming than I'm happy about. I'm glad you found it entertaining tho

His situation is more kind of like Xie Yi's? But on a much larger and complex scale (as the two soul cores can't actually merge the way Xie Yi's can). I wouldn't say Copy Ling Xiao is a goody two shoes - he's more in the same vein as Li Lanfeng; warm and charismatic on the outside, calculating and dark on the inside. The Devour Ling Xiao is more of a evilly and darkly charismatic version that outwardly appears calculating and cold, but deep down cares very much about the people he loves. Ling Xiao as a whole is basically an embodiment of the yingyang concept.

I'm not sure if Ling Lan will be able to unite both souls into Ling Xiao's original body as he's actually physically dead as of the most recent arc. What's likely to happen is, like how Ling Lan will make bodies for her teachers in the learning space, she'll have one created for her father. The other possibilities is having Ling Xiao's Copy soul unite with the Devour soul in the body that the Devour soul currently possesses. However, I believe this option is less likely to happen as I would assume living in another person's body vs possibly having a physically similar body to your original is a lot less comfortable. Another, unexplored and unlikely option is cloning a body for Ling Xiao to take over.

18. AzKoPo

AzKoPo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So how old is Ling Lan in the latest chapters really, does she become a god-tier mecha operator before Ling Xiao did?

19. Audene

Audene Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    @somnious :cookie: Thank you so much I been confused:notlikeblob: and the mtl is not helping at all.:blobsob: The truth is when im reading the mtl i really really want to msg you especially on that scene
    LF found out LL is the Phoenix. His struggle and love for LL. I want to read the proper translation (like what you did in that special 'future scene' chap) coz its really make me cry. :blobsob:I'm sorry for being greedy and demanding :notlikeblob:

Oh im also disappointed that LL did not meet LL in the false world. Though i have this bad imagination that if it is not a false world but a alternate world where LL didn't die and woke up it would be interesting if LY fall in love with LL and introduce LL to LF.:blobthinkingsmirk::blobsweat:

I'm also interested when LF enter the emperor domain just can't imagine what his transformation would look like. I like the transformation of LL the long silver hair & the snowflake imprint(?) (Is the imprint is in the forehead?)

Last edited: Apr 13, 2018
    JimmyFalcon likes this.
  20. somnious

Reading List:
    Link
    Ling Lan in the latest chapter should be around 25-26 years old. Unfortunately she didn't break her father's record as the youngest god-class mecha pilot due to her physical issue. However, I do believe she may have broken her father's record in becoming the youngest to enter Emperor Domain 'naturally' (as in without the help of secret techniques and medicine). It has been stated again and again that her martial arts talent is actually a lot higher than her piloting talent. She's also probably the youngest to enter God Domain stage in martial arts, which means she can actually face off against Imperial-class mecha...barehanded.

If I have time, I don't mind translating that part since it's also one of my favorite scenes (but that might take a few months bc I have personal things that takes up a lot of my time outside of work).

Honestly! I feel like the author should have started a conflict between Ling Lan's group and the rest of the emperors of the disorderly zone, which forces Ling Lan to pull off the whole entering a false god-domain state on a time limit (which probably wouldn't even be an issue bc the difference between the time in the Learning Space and real time). It kind of felt a bit cheap for Ling Lan to experience everything thru videos without meeting everyone face to face? T____T

Li Shuyu's destined to be with Luo Chao so I don't think that would be an option, but definitely meeting Li Lanfeng...like imagine Ling Lan being 'cured' and having a life she's always wanted with her old family. Maybe seeing Li Lanfeng when he's still sick and trying to recover from the same illness and his presence suddenly forcing Ling Lan to realize that her current 'alternate' life might actually be fake and then pressing her to make the decision to let go of the past to go to the future. Like maybe Ling Lan spends months or even years? in that world before realizing she has to let it go....Plus having Li Lanfeng as the break point that forces Ling Lan to accept the reality of her situation would at the very least help her realize she does care about him to some extent beyond just friends...

Like imagine Ling Lan working in the hospital as a volunteer bc she knows what it's like to be lonely. Bc Li Shuyu was the doctor that helped her, she learns that his cousin has the same illness as hers, but a bit more severe. She decides to visit Li Lanfeng and sends him flowers. In this world, bc there was no Ling Lan for him while he was young, he maintains his distant and cold self that Ling Lan first met in the virtual world. Ling Lan probably appears more lively and warm due to the massive character difference between her current self and her past self.

I would like to think that maybe they grow attached to each other and then Li Lanfeng's illness gets worse bc his is a more serious condition (and he's older), and maybe at that point she realizes that she can't have that happen. Maybe something about it all makes her realize that it's not actually real. Her friends shouldn't be in this world to begin with and maybe she remembers her vow to let go of her past life? Idk. There's just so much that could have happened.

that way at least Ru Furen wouldn't be having so much trouble writing Ling Lan and Li Lanfeng's romance.....

I believe the snowflake is on her forehead.

Yes!!! I'm curious too! I would feel that Li Lanfeng's emperor domain would take up a demon king aesthetic? Or possibly a dark knight (I honestly love the dark knight aesthetic)? He'd definitely be wearing a mask that he can dramatically take off that would enhance his second domain (also Li Lanfeng with long hair would be swoon) and a dark cape and everything T0T

bloddyrose, Audene and LuneyLune like this.