Chinese Crystal 《晶体》

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by xiaolong255, Jul 30, 2017.

1. xiaolong255

xiaolong255 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :LOL:大家,新年快乐!
    :LOL:Everyone happy New Year!

Murcott, Lokumi and lexlangel like this.
  2. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    [Chapter 1: The Eye of Yisitela]
    Translator :Murcott
    《Crystal》

[前言] Introduction

Remembrance, like a virus, corrodes my mind and body. It engulfs this fleshly husk of mine. All that has once occurred invariably and unwittingly rises from within the mind. Over and over it torments my soul.

[序章:裂痕] Prologue: Fragmentation

Since the launch of this period of massive warfare of life-forms, it has already persisted for nearly one millennium. During this millennium-long war, among the countless beings that have been involved, many have suffered devastation. In the midst of the ruthless massacres, their homes, dreams, and lives have been wrenched away. These life-forms die in the midst of despair and hatred. Their souls unceasingly batter the immense crystal that solely supports the workings of this space, trying to thoroughly destroy all that survives in this world.

In the core of this space, there is an immense block of crystal supporting the entire world. In the past thousands of years that it has existed, it has already shattered twice. The gods of ancient times have already used their own power twice to save this world and spare it from ruination. And yet at the moment the crystal has already become as fragile as an exposed eyeball. It constantly gazes attentively at all that which occurs in the world. Endowed with the feelings common to life, mapping the emitted emotions that come to this world.

In the end, the massive impact brought by the war once again made a crack emerge on the surface of the immense crystal that supported this space. The destruction caused by the shattering of the crystal for the third time was possible at any moment. The existing world had long been on the brink of calamity.

[第一章:伊斯特拉之眼] [Chapter 1: The Eye of Yisitela]

“Who, am I?”

“Where, did I come from?”

“To whence, am I going?”

A middle-aged male, walking on the final journey of his life, continually examined himself repeatedly with these simple and yet complex questions.

Who am I? The self which relies on his mind’s memories to survive? Or the self that is seen in the eyes of others?

Inside the heart of every person, they will have a self. The question is, which one is the true self?

The middle-aged man walked forward alone in this type of contemplation. Although he had been constantly heading towards one direction, he was forever unable to leave this quiet, dusky forest. To speak of the current him, he had long been lost inside this final journey of his life. Even though he could not walk to the end, his footsteps still advanced ceaselessly.

The middle-aged man kept on heading forward in that one direction. Even if the surroundings did not ever change, and were as before that quiet, dusky forest; however, he still did not stop his footsteps. The endless journey finally made his body approach its limits, and his footsteps started to slow down.

The current him was very clear about his situation, forever unable to leave this forest. Yet, he who had long been lost in this forest did not want to stop here. More specifically, he did not want to die here.

His life on this earth, he still did not want to end like this.

He staggered forward. Already the trees in the surrounding forest could no longer be seen, and darkness had long since obscured his confused eyes, slowly swallowing his spirit. In despair, his steps halted, and pain tormented the frail form that housed his life. He, whose body had already reached its limits, finally collapsed, heavily toppling over like a corpse, lying down in that place as he waited to die.

“Stand up, God of Fate”

“Already our time here is not long”

“Stand up, God of Fate, your life absolutely cannot end like this”

“The world saved by our gods of ancient times, is on the verge of destruction”

“And you, as the last of the ancient gods, are our single, final hope; stand up”

“Only you, God of Fate, will change the entire fate of this world”

“You, are our last, hope”

The mysterious voices unceasingly called out to this middle-aged man; perhaps these voices already gave him the answer to his question of who he was. Yet he who had collapsed still had not stood up. The cold and ominous darkness enveloped his surroundings, as if it were thoroughly engulfing him inside this endless abyss.

Passing numerous days in this unconscious state, he finally woke up. He slowly opened his eyes, and after surveying his surroundings, what he saw was actually a sheet of endless desert. He stood up, and went on in one direction.

Soon the sand blown by the desert winds enveloped his surroundings. In his hazy eyesight, a weak, withered skeleton walked towards him. That skeleton pushed its face closely to his own face, with a skull possessing four eye sockets. The skeleton’s arm promptly impaled his body, digging out a massive cavity on his chest, penetrating his chest. Afterwards, in a flash, a violent storm was sucked into that cavity on his chest along with the skeleton. Along with a aching pain, an intense recollection incessantly pounded against the fragments of memory deeply imbedded in his brain. The fierce attack made his knees sink to the ground.

The storm stopped, and the middle-aged man kneeling there closed the empty hole in his chest, tightly sealing it. Only the deep mark of a crack remained. Scarlet blood flowed back into that scar; in the short moment that he used his finger to touch the scar, the fissure slowly opened; an enormous eye bound in his chest, running through his body. At the same time, the recollection of that skeleton while it lived again corroded the memory in the depths of his brain. Blood permeated the surface of the enormous eye, as if recounting to him his experiences while he was still alive. Through that eye, the middle-aged man experienced everything that happened during the life of this skeleton.

It was a dark and dusky evening. Large numbers of invaders entered this ancient little village. Holding a spear in their hands, the invaders relentlessly pursued the villagers that dwelled here. On the faces of all of these villagers, there grew the same two pairs of eyes as that skeleton, yet there were no eyeballs, just an empty socket; only the huge eye in their chest was open. They were slaughtered in the midst of the pursuit.

A child tripped as he fled; the middle-aged man behind him wanted to help him, but a spear behind them chopped off his head, and his body collapsed besides the child.

“Stand up, hurry up and run away, Yisitela” The child’s clansman stopped his own escape, persistently encouraging the child to stand up.

“Halt”

Very quickly the invaders surrounded this tiny village. With a shout of this command, they ceased the massacre. At present all eyes focused on the child who had tripped and fallen to the ground.

From within the formation of the invaders, a man with the same gigantic eye as the clansmen walked out. He wore a pair of thick and heavy steel boots on his feet, and they made a crisp, metallic sound with every step he walked.

He walked up to the front of the child who had fallen to the ground. His finger hooked the sockets of child’s eyes, and lifted his head in this manner.

“Yisitela? What a nice name” The man sized up the child in his hand, brushed away the skin that covered the eye on his chest, and then threw him to the ground.

“You have already stopped throwing away this kind of trash now?” He looked around at the villagers around him, questioning them in a mocking tone. The heads of the villagers sank down, and the atmosphere was abnormally quiet.

“I am called TaiJia, do you remember this name?” Not a single one of the villagers have heard of this name.

“Yes, how would you remember the names of the children you threw away, much less give them a name”

“It’ll be all right, don’t be afraid; we are the same, we will become friends” The man crouched beside Yisitela, stroking his head.

“Then let me tell you, under what kind of treatment all of those discarded children suffer” His voice had barely fallen, when he stabbed a spear into Yisitela’s leg.

“Ah……” At the sound of Yisitela’s wail, the face of the villagers at the scene revealed an expression of grief, and tears fell from the empty sockets of their two pairs of eyes.

“You, do you feel some anguish now?” TaiJia looked at Yisitela struggling on the ground, once again taking out a spear.

“We are the same, right?” A second spear thrust into the other leg of Yisitela.

Now Yisitela was already incapable of standing up anymore. The clansmen saw Yisitela’s painful struggle, and heard the sound of his bitter cries, yet were unable to prevent all that was happening before their eyes. In their innermost heart they regretted the mistakes they had previously made without pause.

“Your eyes, cannot see the lives of the children you discarded, and even more so cannot see what kind of final end these children will have, but not being able to see does not mean everything never happened” Tears flowed from the empty sockets on TaiJia’s face.

“But right now, Yisitela, I will tell you, everything that once happened to our species was forgotten”

“Perhaps these things have not been completely forgotten by them, and they are merely unwilling to mention them” TaiJia stood up, and, with those empty sockets of his from which teardrops flowed, looked towards the clansmen who had already lowered their heads in repentance.

Even though TaiJia’s four sockets did not have eyeballs, nevertheless the hatred he had for these clansmen was still able to be seen from the hollows on his face.

“From the time following the second shattering of the crystal, some abnormal effects began arising within the bodies of our species; their two original and ordinary eyes that were the same as the average life-form, gradually lost light, incapable of seeing this world. Afterwards we evolved a second pair of eyes, sorrowfully still unable to see even a little bit of light. Throughout the majority of our clansmen’s life, they always pass their life in the midst of an endless darkness. Destiny’s injustice made the despairing clansmen use exceedingly cruel methods, to cut open a fissure on their chest, and use forbidden arts to implant the ancient dragon clan’s third eye, to let us finally once again perceive all that is in this world. We still remained unable to discern color; everything that this eye sees only has murky grey, but it let our race see hope.”

“However our actions violated ecology’s laws and doomed us to suffer a curse. Furthermore, our clansmen did not recognize their mistake at all, even to the extent that when war engulfed everything and approached, inside these eyes merged a destructive nature. In the very hour this eyeball of ours completely opened, it would release the power of destruction, and all will perish together. And yet the clansmen’s desire to possess the power of destruction did not stop at this point; they attempted to dominate all in this dimension with this power. Ultimately, our clansman met with resistance from other tribes. Luckily the clansmen who fled during that long war of resistance were able to survive, but the curse from going against ecology's law still finally occurred on the bodies of these newborn children. Many defective infants were given birth to, and the eye in the chest of these children did not have even a bit of useful value. In addition, because they were fleeing, they were unable to rear so many useless lives. In the end these defective goods were discarded everywhere as they fled. Perhaps the guilt in their hearts let them have some hesitation, but although they were brokenhearted at having to leave them, they still abandoned these newborn babies.

“No one, knows what torture and suffering, those abandoned children bitterly experienced”

“No one, thought of these abandoned children, if they could still survive in a situation without any conditions for survival”

“No one was capable of imagining it, that the young lives did not die after a short while”

“Hunger, thirst, cold, and darkness; at no time did these stop accompanying their surroundings”

“In all things and in everything, they were always with these children, pushing them to the brink of death”

“Under this kind of environment, nevertheless a miraculous existence still emerged”

“Why? Couldn’t you discard those children after their lives had ended?

“This way they would not see, the me that appeared today in front of you”

“Haha, hahaha!” TaiJia laughed strangely for some time, yet the sound that came through afterwards was the sound of his weeping

“The race was entirely engrossed in their flight, yet you never considered those young lives that you abandoned”

“Only I survived, of those children only I became a miracle”

“I, who had been abandoned, crawled over the corpses of these orphans, feeding on their flesh and blood”

“Yes; I, who was staving, survived by eating the corpses of those children”

“For the sake of surviving, bite by bite I swallowed the flesh of the siblings beside me”

“Inside of my body, flows the blood of every child; the pain and torment these memories bring me, accompany me all throughout my life”

“The hate for you and the longing for survival in the heart of the young me of that time, supported me to walk to today; no matter what I only wanted to survive, to live to see, those people who abandoned us, whether or not they grew the same face as us, whether or not they possessed the same kind of life”

The sorrow of this is, even if I have now found the people who abandoned us, yet I am still unable to use these two eyes, to see them”

“The same as that time, in my eyes, there is only endless darkness, and the world I see through it, is also different from yours”

“The darkness of everything, has lost the original colors; the lives of we children, just like this eye’s narrow view of the outside, the areas we are unable to see, were forever abandoned”

As TaiJia watched the clansmen, teardrops continually flowed down from his four empty eye sockets.

TaiJia walked up to those villagers, grabbed them, and pushed his own face up to their faces.

“So the people who abandoned us, grew this way like you?” Afterwards again seizing another clansman, the outline and empty hollows on TaiJia’s face was completely identical to that clansman’s.

“Tell me, what difference do we have?”

“Tell me? Why?”

“Just cannot let us all stay alive” TaiJia’s tears streamed from his empty hollows, flowing down over the corner of his mouth and his jaw, teardrops dripping and scattering onto the surface of the ground.

“TaiJia, it’s getting late; there’s no need to say more to them, we should kill them all now” an invader made an inquiry to TaiJia

“Mm, kill them all” After TaiJia answered, that invader used the long spear in his hands to impale TaiJia’s body. Red blood spurted from his mouth, mingling with his tears; TaiJia, enraged, turned his head to look at that invader, eye sockets staring widely looking completely astonished.

“What is going on?”

“Forgive me, TaiJia, you are the same as those people, hehe” the invader said sinisterly, using another spear to pierce through his body

“The Imperial family has ordered, to thoroughly eradicate this inferior race of yours from the world; sorry, hahaha”

“Simple and pitiful TaiJia, the Imperial family has been deceiving you all along” The invader walked up in front of TaiJia.

“At the end of your life, let me tell you the truth about everything”

“Those abandoned children in your mouth, are truly already dead, only you survived”

“But this was not a miracle at all, those abandoned children had been adopted by the Imperial family”

“And you are also nothing more than a tool used by the Imperial family, during the time you tools were being ‘polished’”

“It is merely that the other children, were unable to survive the vile tempering”

“The only one who survived was you; not only did you lose both of your legs, you also lost all of your memories”

“For the sake of eradicating your race, the Imperial family used numerous despicable methods”

“And yet you, kept on being deceived by them, constantly filling in your missing memories”

“Making you firmly believe that being abandoned by the clansmen, you only survived by eating their flesh and blood”

“Only this kind of you, in order to avenge the clansmen who abandoned you, would be able to lead us here”

“It was that fabricated hatred which supported your body, to stay alive to now”

“Since your mission is already complete, there is no need for you to keep on living”

“If you want to hate, then hate those people who abandoned you children”

The invader took out his own spear, unceasingly stabbing TaiJia’s body; blood very quickly flowed out everywhere on the ground.

“Hahahahahahahaha” finding out the truth about the history of his life, TaiJia’s angry shout brimming with fury spread throughout the entire village.

“The Imperial family, unexpectedly dared to use me” The Imperial family’s false smiles flashed through TaiJia’s mind, firmly taking hold of the blade in his hand to turn over his body.

“I will kill you”

However, just as the wrathful TaiJia took his first step, his body began to shake. He, from whose entire body flowed blood, was already unable to stand steadily. He pulled out the lance that was pierced into his body, striking at the invader, but did not hit his target. The condition of his injury was simply too serious; blood kept unstoppably flowing out from along the cut of his injury.

And the other invaders behind him also started launching their attack on TaiJia’s clansmen. His body swayed; TaiJia, whose chest had been died red by blood, watched with hazy eyesight as the clansmen collapsed one after another under the invaders’ assault. Angry and in despair, he fell to his knees on the ground, his arm propping up his body, scratching at the dry and cracking Earth with a deep and low howl.

“Everything has ended, TaiJia, don’t struggle meaninglessly anymore”

“This is just your fate”

“Farewell, pitiful TaiJia”

The invader, with a spear firmly held in his hand, walked towards TaiJia as he kneeled on the ground, took aim at his heart, and heavily stabbed into him; blood from the point of the piercing spear dripped onto the ground.

Despairing, TaiJia had already given up on resistance, and accepted the fate of his death.

“Why”

“Am I still alive?”

It turned out that at the moment the spear was about to pierce through TaiJia’s chest, Yisitela, with blood flowing from both of his legs, rushed behind TaiJia, blocking the fatal blow to him; the spear impaled Yisitela’s shoulder.

“I am sorry, please forgive them”

“I am willing, to bear the wrongs they’ve done” Yisitela wept as he pleaded with TaiJia for the sake of his clansmen.

“Why”

“Did you save me”

“Why, must you save a life that has harmed you?” Teardrops streamed out of TaiJia’s empty sockets.

“Why” TaiJia’s voice sobbed, as he tightly held the wounded Yisitela before his eyes.

“Because you, are the same as us” Yisitela’s empty eyes gazed at TaiJia.

“We are the same ah”

“Thank you” As he wept, TaiJia once again stood up.

The moment those invaders tried to kill TaiJia again, the heavily wounded TaiJia tightly hugged Yisitela, using his own body to block the entirety of the invaders’ attacks. The sharp blade of the spears sliced open all of the flesh on his body, but was still as before unable to cut through his body. Protected by him, Yisitela didn’t suffer a bit of harm. This was practically a miracle; a flesh and blood body of a life, nevertheless was able to resist the wild attacks of the sharp blades of steel. Yisitela, encountering this scene, was also deeply shocked. Teardrops flowed down uncontrollably; he wanted to struggle, not wanting to let TaiJia suffer even more injuries; the surrounding clansmen also started to counterattack the invaders.

“Right now, I forgive them”

“Thank you”

“Yisitela”

Already on his last gasps, TaiJia spasmodically uttered these few words, looking towards the Yisitela before his eyes, his face finally revealing a smile.

He slowly lifted his hand to stroke Yisitela’s head, afterwards, fell to the ground along the direction of his hair, never again lifting.

Yisitela’s clansmen, opened their eyes wide, and chose to die with the invaders, in the end protecting Yisitela.

In the blood-soaked ancient village, there were badly mangled skeletons everywhere. Only Yisitela survived; the clansmen did not abandon him like they did the others before. They chose to pay with their own lives to protect this child who undertook all of their mistakes.

The God of Fate awakened from Yisitela’s memories, witnessing the scene which had once occurred during the long river of history of this world. This segment of memory was deeply carved in his existing mind, until the end of life. At the same time, his body kept the life-forms' eye unique to Yisitela’s race, and the journey of the God of Fate was just beginning.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    Wujigege likes this.
  3. Murcott

Murcott Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:请让我先修改一下:blobsweat_2::blobsweat_2:
    "伊斯特拉种族特有的生命之眼" 是眼睛特别的一种,或这种眼睛名字的吗, 还是只是在说(平常?)生命的眼睛?我把它翻译成 "The Eye of Life," 但是应该是 "the life-forms' eye" 吗?
    然后
    "直到生命的尽头" 是在说他的生活中, 还是所有生命的生活中?我不确定,所以我把它翻译成直到所有生命的尽头。但是现在再看一次, 我觉得我翻译错了。
    而且我需要首先道歉, 我的中文和英语不够好, 有些东西打不过 想不出来, 怎么翻译成英语。
    不过
    恭喜恭喜恭喜!!!:blobparty::blobparty::blobparty:

xiaolong255 likes this.
  4. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    生命之眼是个名词,你说的没错,是"the life-forms' eye",这是一只特殊的眼睛,可以感知到特别的事物,同时可以从中获得未知的力量.同时它是巨龙头上的第三只眼,为了得到这只生命之眼,伊斯特拉的族人杀害了巨龙.后面的剧情中还会出现关于巨龙的更多信息.

"生命体"在剧情中是名词,一种特殊的种族的代称,类似"人类"的概念,我们称自己是"人类".那个星球上的类人形生物称自己是"生命体"

"生命体"出现的时候,有"体"这个字,全是代表名词,"生命体"在故事中影射的是"人类".它们是过去的我们,我们的祖先,在我们还未诞生之前,出现在各个星球的物种.

直到生命的尽头,这里没有"体"字,就代表是他一生的结束.区别生命与生命体的地方就看有没有写这个"体"字

有"体"字的代表物种的名词,没有"体"字就代表生命。

我们人类,和万物一样,也是一种生命形式,所以写这个故事的时候,就将在人类出现之前出现的人类,命名为“生命体”,象征最原始的人类物种。

不用在意那些细节:blob_grin:因为是用中文写的,所以有些地方比较难翻译,但你做的已经够好了.一点点瑕疵并不会影响整体的.而且有些语句,甚至是中国人都会很难读懂的,里面有一些我创造的新词组。

所以翻译错了也没什么,完成了这么大量的翻译工作,你真的太棒了:blobhighfive:

Murcott likes this.
  5. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    我了解了, 谢谢你的解释, 很清楚。:blobsalute::blobokhand:
    然后, 我现在在修改第一章, 而且发现很多错误。:facepalm:
    我还需要再多进步我的中文......:blobexpressionless:
    所以应该再过几天就可以发出来了。:sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:

6. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    加油,慢慢来;)(y)

Murcott likes this.
  7. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    快要完成了!只需要再多检查几次就好了。:blobdead:
    我又有己个问题。。。
    伊斯特拉的名字是什么意思?我現在相到,也可能寫成:Ysitria, Istria, Yistrile, .....etc.:hmm:

然後,我想問ㄧ下,這個句子:
    “灰暗的一切,失去了原有的色彩,我们这些孩子的生命,就像这只眼狭窄的视角之外,无法看到的死角,被永远的抛弃”

是A東西,B東西,C東西,。。。被永远的抛弃吗?
    (The darkness of everything, the original colors that have been forsaken, and the lives of we children are, just like the places outside the narrow view of this eye and the dead angles we are unable to see, forever lost)
    还是
    A東西失去了B東西?再来C東西。。。被永远的抛弃?
    (The original colors have been forsaken in the darkness of everything, and the lives of we children are, just like the places outside the narrow view of this eye and the dead angles we are unable to see, forever lost)
    (还是。。。它两个意思都有?:blobtongue:)

xiaolong255 likes this.
  8. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    感觉用Istria更好些:)就是随意起的,我查了下,好像有个岛也是这个名字,哈哈:p

“灰暗的一切,失去了原有的色彩,我们这些孩子的生命,就像这只眼狭窄的视角之外,无法看到的死角,被永远的抛弃”

这句话在描述,伊斯特拉他们种族胸前的巨龙之眼中看到的事物,移植来的巨眼,只能够看到影像却看不到颜色,这只巨眼,很多时候都是闭合的,只留出很小的一道缝隙,用来获得视线,所以看到的范围很小,被胸前皮肤包裹时,存在着很大的视线死角,这些孩子就像这只巨眼看不到的死角一样,被抛弃了.

我的朋友,你真是太棒了,帮助我这么多,真诚的感谢你:aww:(y)

你叫什么名字,标注翻译者的名字时,是用你在论坛的名字(Murcott)还是其它的?如果想用其它名字,可以告诉我.:blobhighfive:

Murcott likes this.
  9. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you post the translations on a translation website so you get more exposure. I own a translation site but I believe they are others who would be interested also.
    Try the looking for work section under Translator's Corner
    Contact any of the mods if you need help @Parth37955 @Westeller

Murcott likes this.
  10. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    我用一样的名字, Murcott.
    I'm mostly translating for myself so that I can read the book. Blob Translations has already expressed interest, so this was supposed to be a New Year's gift......

Wujigege likes this.
  11. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    还有件事需要你的帮助,你可以帮我在wuxiaworld发布翻译好的故事吧,我在中国北京,登陆那个论坛非常困难.:cry:

刚才看到你也在那里跟帖了,应该我登陆论坛更容易.

之后的章节翻译好,请你来帮我发吧:LOL:多谢了:blobsmilehappyeyes:

Murcott likes this.
  12. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    :blobok:好的.

感谢你的礼物:blob_pompom:

Murcott likes this.
  13. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    当然可以:blob_grin:
    You seem to be able to read English quite fast, so
    一個原因晶体不好翻是因为,在英文,你不应该重复太多子,但是在中文里,者没有問題。One reason it is difficult to translate Crystal is because, in English it is not recommended to repeat words and phrases (unless for a specific reason). However, it reads perfectly fine in Chinese this way. So, I am trying to figure out what to do with these sentences:

"Experiencing the common emotions of life it has been endowed, it maps the emotions emitted from this world, thereupon changing."

"At once, again the memories of the skeleton while it lived corroded the memory in the depths of his brain."

我后來也在对话中加一些标点符号I also had to add some punctuation in the dialogue:
    “Halt!” vs. "Halt"
    and
    “Stand up! Hurry, run, Istria!” vs. "Stand up, hurry and run (away?), Istria"
    不然,一點都沒有很赶,很有心动的感觉。
    otherwise, it didn't sound urgent at all

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    xiaolong255 likes this.
  14. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    :p:LOL::X3:thank you so much:blobsmilehappyeyes::blobrofl::blob_pompom:

Murcott likes this.
  15. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    And还有
    这个句子this sentence:

"他缓慢的抬起手去摸伊斯特拉的头,然后顺着他的头发划落在地,再没有抬起来。
    He slowly lifted his hand to stroke Yisitela’s head, afterwards, fell to the ground along the direction of his hair, never again lifting."

头发的地方听起来很不顺the hair part sounds really awkward, so I'm thinking about doing this:

"His hand slowly lifted to stroke Istria’s hair, and then, fell to the ground, never again lifting."

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  16. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    哈哈哈,故事中有很多"really awkward".你可以随便改,这些不影响剧情:D:LOL:

Murcott likes this.
  17. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    :sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely::sweating_profusely:看我翻的子的時候,很:hmm::hmm::notlikeblob::blobsleepless::blobdizzy:

18. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    我看了很多中文翻译的电影,所以一些对话会按照英语的方式来编写,但我不懂英语,所以写出来,等于是二次翻译之后语句,哈哈哈:LOL:

因为我英语不好,语法方面的问题,还请你多多帮忙修改:X3:

:D翻译到后面,你可能会崩溃的:X3:

就算是会中文的人,可能都会看好几遍才能理解:blobjoy:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2018
    Murcott likes this.
  19. Murcott

Reading List:
    Link
    《Crystal》

[Introduction]

Remembrance, like a virus, corrodes my mind and body. It engulfs this fleshly husk of mine. All that has once occurred invariably and unwittingly rises from within the mind. Over and over it torments my soul.

[Prologue: Fragmentation]

From the time the life-forms started this long and massive war, it has already persisted for nearly one millennium. During this millennium-long war, countless vivid lives have been involved, suffering tremendous devastation. In the midst of the ruthless massacres, their homes, dreams, and lives have been wrenched away. These life-forms die in the midst of despair and hatred. Their souls unceasingly batter the immense crystal that solely supports the workings of this space, trying to thoroughly destroy all that survives in this world.

In the core of this space, there is an immense block of crystal supporting the entire world. Over the past thousands of years that it has existed, it has already shattered twice. The gods of the ancient times have already used their power twice to save this world and spare it from ruination. And yet at the moment the crystal has already become as fragile as an exposed eye. At every moment in time, it is constantly watching everything that occurs in this world. Experiencing the common feelings of life it has been endowed, it maps the emotions emitted from this world, thereupon changing.

Ultimately, the huge influence of the war once again made a crack emerge on the surface of the immense crystal that supported this space. Destruction from the shattering of the crystal for the third time was possible at any moment. The existing world had long been on the brink of calamity.

[Chapter 1: The Eye of Istria]

“Who, am I?”

“Where, did I come from?”

“To whence, am I going?”

A middle-aged man repeatedly examined himself with these simple and yet complex questions as he walked on the final journey of his life.

Who am I? The self that relies on the memories of his mind to survive? Or the self that is seen in the eyes of others?

Inside the heart of every person, they will have a self. The question is, which is the true self?

The middle-aged man walked forward alone in this contemplation. Although he had been constantly heading towards one direction, he was forever unable to leave this quiet, dusky forest. Speaking of him, he had long been lost inside this final journey of his life. Even though he could not walk to the end, his footsteps still advanced ceaselessly.

The middle-aged man went on in that one direction. Even if the surroundings did not ever change, and were as before that quiet, dusky forest; however, he still did not stop his footsteps. The endless journey finally made his body approach its limits, and his footsteps started to slow down.

He was very clear about his current situation, forever unable to leave this forest. Yet, having long been lost in this forest, he did not want to stop here. More specifically, he did not want to die here.

The journey of his life, he still did not want to end like this.

He staggered forward. Already, the trees in the surrounding forest could no longer be seen, and darkness had long since obscured his confused eyes, slowly swallowing his spirit. Despair made him halt his steps, and pain tormented the frail form that housed his soul. His body, having now reached its limits, finally collapsed. It toppled over heavily like a corpse, lying down in that place as he waited to die.

“Stand up, God of Fate”

“We do not have much time”

“Stand up, God of Fate. Your life cannot end like this.”

“The world saved by the gods of ancient times, is on the verge of destruction”

“And you, as the last of the ancient gods, are our single, final hope. Stand up.”

“Only you, God of Fate, will change the entire destiny of this world”

“You, are our last, hope”

The mysterious voices continuously called out to this middle-aged man; perhaps these voices already gave him the answer to his question of who he was. Yet, collapsed, he still had not stood up. The cold and gloomy darkness enveloped his surroundings, as if it were thoroughly engulfing him inside the endless abyss.

After passing numerous days in this unconscious state, he finally woke up. He slowly opened his eyes, and after surveying his surroundings, what he saw was actually a sheet of endless desert. He stood up, and went on in one direction.

Soon, the sand blown by the desert winds enshrouded his surroundings. In his hazy eyesight, a weak, withered skeleton walked towards him. The skeleton stuck its face closely to his own face with a skull possessing four eye sockets. And that skeleton’s arm straightforwardly pierced his body, penetrating through his chest and digging out a massive hole. Then, the skeleton and a storm were, in a flash, sucked into this hollow on his chest. Simultaneously accompanied by a violent pain, a strand of intense recollection incessantly assaulted the fragment of memory deeply imbedded in his brain. The violent attack made his knees sink to the ground.

The storm stopped. Kneeling, the middle-aged man closed the empty hole in his chest, tightly sealing it. Only the deep mark of a crack remained. Scarlet blood flowed back into that scar; in the short moment that he used his finger to touch the scar, the fissure slowly opened: an enormous eye bound in his chest, running through his body. At once, again the memories of the skeleton while it lived corroded the memory in the depths of his brain. Blood permeated the surface of the enormous eye, as if recounting to him its experiences while it was still alive. Through that eye, the middle-aged man experienced everything that happened during the life of the skeleton.

It was a dark and gloomy evening; large numbers of invaders entered an ancient little village. Holding a spear in their hands, they relentlessly pursued the villagers that dwelled here. On the faces of all of these villagers grew the same two pairs of eyes as that skeleton. Yet, there were no eyeballs, just an empty socket; only the huge eye in their chest was open. They were slaughtered in the midst of the pursuit.

A child tripped as he fled; the middle-aged man behind him wanted to help him, but a spear behind them chopped off his head, and his body collapsed besides the child.

“Stand up! Hurry, run, Istria!” The child’s clansman stopped his own escape, insistently encouraging the child to stand up.

“Halt!”

The invaders swiftly surrounded the tiny village. With a shout of this command, they ceased the massacre. At present all eyes focused on the child who had tripped and fallen to the ground.

From within the formation of invaders, a man with the same gigantic eye as the clansmen walked out. He wore a pair of thick and heavy steel boots on his feet, and with every step of his feet they made a crisp, metallic sound.

Walking up to the child who had fallen to the ground, he hooked his finger into the sockets of child’s eyes, and lifted his head.

“Istria? What a nice name.” The man assessed the child in his hand and brushed away the skin that covered the eye on his chest, then threw him to the ground.

“You have already stopped throwing away this kind of trash?” He observed at the villagers around him, questioning them with a mocking tone. The heads of the villagers sank down, and the atmosphere became abnormally quiet.

“I am called TaiJia, do you remember this name?”

Not a single one of the villagers have ever heard of him.

“Yes, how would you remember the children you threw away, much less give them a name.”

“It’ll be all right, don’t be afraid; we are the same, we will become friends.” The man crouched beside Istria, stroking his head.

“Then let me explain to you, what kind of treatment all of those discarded children suffer under.” His voice had barely fallen when he stabbed a spear into Istria’s leg.

“Aah……” The faces of the villagers at the scene revealed an expression of grief at the sound of Istria’s wail. Tears fell from the empty sockets of their two pairs of eyes.

“You, do you feel some anguish now?” TaiJia looked at Istria struggling on the ground, and once again took out a spear.

“We are the same, right?” A second spear thrust into Istria’s other leg.

Now, Istria was already unable to stand up. The clansmen saw Istria’s painful struggle, and heard the sound of his bitter cries, yet were unable to prevent what was happening in front of their eyes. In their heart, they regretted the errors they had once made without hesitation.

“Your eyes, are unable see the lives that were discarded by you, and even more so, are unable to see what kind of final end these children will have. However, being unable to see, does not mean that everything never happened.” Tears flowed from the empty sockets on TaiJia’s face.

“But right now, Istria, I will tell you, everything that once happened to our species has been forgotten.”

“Perhaps these things have not been completely forgotten by them, and they are merely unwilling to mention them.” TaiJia stood up and, with tears dripping down his sockets, gazed at the clansmen who had already lowered their heads in repentance.

Even though TaiJia’s four sockets did not have eyes, nevertheless, the hatred he had for these clansmen could still be seen from the hollows of his face.

“Following the second shattering of the crystal, some abnormal effects began arising within the bodies of our species. Their original two ordinary eyes, the same as the average life-form, gradually lost light and became incapable of seeing this world. Later on, we evolved a second pair of eyes. Sadly, it was still unable to see even a bit of light. The majority of our clansmen passed their lives in the midst of endless darkness. Destiny’s injustice made the desperate clansmen use exceedingly cruel methods to cut open a fissure on their chest and implant the ancient dragon clan’s third eye with forbidden arts to let us finally, once again, perceive all that is in this world. We still remained unable to discern color—this eye can only perceive a dull grey—but it let our race see hope.”

“However, our actions violated the laws of ecology and doomed us to suffer a curse. Furthermore, our clansmen did not recognize their mistake at all, even to the extent that when war swept everything away, a destructive nature merged in these eyes: in the very hour this eyeb of ours completely opened, it would release the power of destruction, and all would perish together. And yet, the clansmen’s desire to possess the power of destruction did not stop at this point; they attempted to dominate everything in this dimension with this power. Ultimately, our clansman met with resistance from other tribes. Luckily, the clansmen who fled during that long war of resistance were able to survive, but the curse from going against the laws of ecology still finally descended on the bodies of the newborn children. Many defective infants were given birth to, and the eye in the chest of these children did not have any value. Furthermore, because they were fleeing, they were unable to rear so many useless lives. In the end, these defective goods were discarded everywhere as they fled. Perhaps the guilt in their hearts gave them some hesitation, but although they were brokenhearted at having to leave them, they still abandoned these newborn babies.

“No one, knows what torture and suffering, those abandoned children bitterly experienced.”

“No one, thought of these abandoned children, if they could still survive in a situation without any conditions of survival.”

“No one, could have imagined, that the young lives did not die quickly.”

“Hunger, thirst, cold, and darkness. At no time did these stop accompanying their surroundings.”

“In all things, in everything, they were always with these children, pushing them to the brink of death.”

“Nevertheless, a miraculous existence still emerged from this environment.”

“Why? Why couldn’t you discard those children after their lives had ended?”

“This way, they would not have to see the me that appeared today in front of you.”

“Haha, hahaha!” TaiJia laughed strangely for a while, yet the sound that came out was the sound of his weeping.

“The race was entirely consumed in its flight, however, you never considered those young lives that you abandoned.”

“Only I survived. Of those children, only I became a miracle.”

“I, who had been abandoned, crawled over the corpses of these orphans, feeding on their flesh and blood.”

“Yes. I, starving, survived by eating the corpses of those children.”

“For the sake of surviving, I swallowed the flesh of the siblings beside me, mouthful by mouthful.”

“The blood of every child flows inside my body. The pain and the torment these memories bring me, accompany me all my life.”

“The hate for you, and the longing for survival in the heart of the young me of that time, supported me to walk to today. No matter what, I only wanted to survive, to live to see, if the people who abandoned us grew the same face as us, if they possessed the same kind of life.”

“The sorrow of this is, even if I have now found them, I am still unable to use these two eyes to see them.”

“The same as that time, in my eyes there is only endless darkness, and the world I see through it, is also different from you.”

“The original colors have been forsaken in the darkness of everything, and the lives of we children are forever lost, just like the places outside the narrow view of this eye, and the dead angles we are unable to see.”

As TaiJia watched the clansmen, tears constantly flowed from his four sockets.

TaiJia walked up to those villagers and grabbed them, pushing into their faces.

“So the people who abandoned us, grew this way like you?” Then again seizing another clansman, the outlines of TaiJia’s face and his sockets were completely identical with that clansman.

“Tell me, what difference do we have?”

“Tell me, why?”

“Why were you just unable to let us all stay alive?” TaiJia’s tears streamed from the hollows in his face, flowing over the corner of his mouth and his jaw. They dripped and scattered onto the surface of the ground.

“TaiJia, it’s getting late. There’s no need to say more to them, we should kill them all now,” an invader suggested to TaiJia.

“En, kill them all.” After TaiJia answered, that invader used the spear in his hands to pierce TaiJia’s body. Blood gushed from his mouth, mingling with his tears. Enraged, TaiJia turned to stare in shock at that invader with his sockets.

“What is going on?”

“Forgive me, TaiJia, you are the same as those people, hehe,” the invader said sinisterly, using another spear to stab his body.

“The Imperial family has ordered to thoroughly eradicate this inferior race of yours from the world. Sorry, hahaha.”

“Simple and pitiful TaiJia, the Imperial family has been deceiving you all along.” The invader walked up to TaiJia.

“At the end of your life, let me tell you the truth about everything.”

“Those abandoned children in your mouth are truly already dead, only you survived”

“But this was not a miracle at all, those abandoned children had been adopted by the Imperial family”

“And you are also nothing more than a tool used by the Imperial family; during the time you tools were being ‘polished’,”

“It is merely that the other children, were unable to survive the vile tempering”

“The only one who survived was you, and not only did you lose both of your legs, you also lost all of your memories”

“For the sake of eradicating your race, the Imperial family used numerous despicable means”

“And yet, you kept on being deceived by them, constantly filling in your missing memories,”

“Making you firmly believe that being abandoned by the clansmen, you only survived by eating their flesh and blood”

“Only this kind of you, in order to avenge the clansmen who abandoned you, would be able to lead us here”

“It was that fabricated hatred which supported your body, to stay alive till now”

“Since your mission is already complete, there is no need for you to keep on living”

“If you want to hate, then hate those people who abandoned you children”

The invader took out his spear, repeatedly stabbing into TaiJia’s body. Rapidly, blood spilled out everywhere on the ground.

“Hahahahahahahaha” Discovering the truth behind the history of his life, TaiJia’s angry shout brimming with fury spread throughout the village.

“So the Imperial family, even dared to use me.” The false smiles of the Imperial family flashed through TaiJia’s mind as he grasped the blade in his hand to turn over his body.

“I will kill you.”

However, just as the wrathful TaiJia took his first step, his body began to shake. He was already unable to stand steadily; bright blood flowed from his entire body. Pulling out the spear that was pierced into his body, he struck at the invader, but did not hit his target. The condition of his injury was simply too serious; blood kept unstoppably flowing out from his injury.

The other invaders behind TaiJia also started launching their attack on his clansmen. Swaying, and with his chest dyed crimson with blood, TaiJia watched on hazily as the clansmen collapsed one after another under the invaders’ assault. Hopeless and furious, he fell to his knees on the ground. His arm propped his body as he scrabbled at the dry and cracking earth with a deep, low howl.

“Everything has ended, TaiJia, don’t struggle meaninglessly anymore”

“This is just your fate”

“Farewell, pitiful TaiJia”

The invader, with a spear gripped in his hand, walked towards TaiJia as he kneeled on the ground. He took aim at his heart, and stabbed down. Blood from the point of the spear dripped onto the ground.

Despairing, TaiJia had already given up on resistance, accepting the fate of his death.

“Why,”

“Am I still alive?”

It turned out that, at the moment the spear was about to pierce into TaiJia’s chest, Istria, with blood flowing from both legs, rushed behind TaiJia and, blocking the fatal blow to him, the spear stabbed into Istria’s shoulder.

“I am sorry, please, forgive them”

“I am willing, to bear the faults they have once made.” Istria wept as he pleaded with TaiJia for the sake of his clansmen.

“Why,”

“Did you save me?”

“Why, should you save a life that has hurt you?” Teardrops streamed out of TaiJia’s sockets.

“Why?” TaiJia’s voice sobbed, as he held the wounded Istria in his eyes.

“Because you, are the same as us,” Istria’s empty eyes gazed at TaiJia.

“We are the same”

“Thank you.” As he wept, TaiJia rose for the second time.

The moment those invaders tried to kill him again, TaiJia, heavily wounded, tightly embraced Istria as he used his own body to block the entirety of the invaders’ attacks. The sharp blade of the spears sliced open all of his body’s flesh, but was still unable to cut through his body. Protected by him, Istria didn’t suffer a bit of harm. This was practically a miracle, that the flesh and blood body of a life was, nevertheless, able to resist the wild attacks of the sharp steel blades. Istria, encountering this scene, was also deeply shocked. Tears dripped uncontrollably; he wanted to struggle, not wanting to let TaiJia suffer even more injuries. The clansmen also started to counterattack the invaders.

“Right now, I forgive them”

“Thank you”

“Istria”

On his last breaths, TaiJia uttered these words brokenly. Gazing at Istria, his face finally revealed a smile.

His hand slowly lifted to stroke Istria’s hair, and then, fell to the ground, never again lifting.

Istria’s clansmen, staring with open eyes, chose to die with the invaders, ultimately protecting Istria.

There were badly mangled skeletons everywhere in the blood-soaked ancient village. Only Istria survived; the clansmen did not abandon him like they did the others before. They chose to pay with their own lives to protect this child who undertook all of their mistakes.

Having witnessed the scene which had once occurred during the world’s long river of history, the God of Fate awakened from Istria’s memories. This segment of memory was deeply engraved into his mind, until the end of his life. At the same time, his body kept the eye of the life-forms, unique to Istria’s race. And the journey of the God of Fate was just beginning.
    终于做完了,虽然不是完美的。可能明年全部再看一次,再继续修改。:blobamused::blobthinkingsmirk:
    我也在 WuxiaWorld Forums 帮你发布。:blobsmilehappy::blobsmilehappy:

忘记密码然后被banned,所以等一下再发布。:facepalm::blobsweat:

Edit
    现在发布了。

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    xiaolong255 likes this.
  20. xiaolong255

Reading List:
    Link
    真是太厉害了,非常感谢:LOL: