Feature Request CSS Toggle for signatures

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Bug Reports' started by pentadrian, May 16, 2018.

1. pentadrian

pentadrian Wandering donut

Reading List:
    Link
    I've been seeing some obnoxiously large banner images for signatures and these are generally pretty annoying, especially when they're not within spoiler tags or so. I mean, if an entire post has three posts but I've to scroll for a while to read the last one just cuz of one horrendously big signature image that adds nothing to the discussion, it only serves as an annoyance. Sorry for the rant.

But is there a way to auto-hide large images that are not unique to a single post/response? Or at least enforce some restrictions for signature media if they don't already exist?

2. LaDyViL

LaDyViL New Member Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Under Preferences, there's an option to Show/Hide User's signature when they post.

You could also report the user and their signature....we (staffs) actively check reports as they come but we don't actively check each and every user...

3. asriu

asriu fu~ fu~ fu~

Reading List:
    Link
    yeah like obachan said you can hide signature!
    like I do from I forget when and still do it!
    56023.png

4. MangoGuy

MangoGuy Rambling Mango

Reading List:
    Link
    Personally, I have been hiding signatures since the start of time. They don't really give you anything, and they especially infuriated me on a phone with s snail paced internet

5. AliceShiki

AliceShiki 『Ms. Tree』『Magical Girl of Love and Justice』

Reading List:
    Link
    Please do report the absurdly big signatures, the signature size shouldn't be much bigger than the standard box below the text, so... People that make it excessively big need to compress it.

In particular, GIFs outside spoiler boxes are a big no because they make the page heavier and consume more data.

Nom de Plume likes this.
  6. Nom de Plume

Nom de Plume [Shio’s Disciple] [True Villain] [Equip: Gunblade] Novel Updates Staff

Reading List:
    Link
    There is a rule against it as well!