Spoiler CTTF It's Not Easy to be a Man Extra Chapter

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by somnious, Dec 12, 2017.

1. somnious

somnious Leopard Boy Li Lanfeng Bias

Reading List:
    Link
    Crossing to the Future, It's Not Easy to Be a Man/It's Not Easy to Be a Man Travelling to the Future Spoiler

Madame Ru graced us today with an Extra/Side Story chapter in an attempt to shake off her writer's block. Honestly, I love it so I ran off to translate the whole thing in order to clarify a few areas I was confused about to myself.

This is a very spoiler-y chapter and takes place in the theoretical 'end of the story' setting. It details Ling Lan and the Male Lead specifically as the two pull off the biggest troll on this side of the intergalactic kingdoms. The novel itself isn't complete, so this is mostly just the author fishing for inspiration to fight against her writer's block. You don't actually need to know too much of the story to understand. However, it does carry some? Big but not that big spoilers? Nothing really related to the overarching plot itself, just mostly the romantic subplot.

The small partners that have become generals are Qilong, Luo Lang, Xie Yi (he appears later in the story, probably around chapter 150?), Han Jijun, and Lin Zhongqin (he appears during the first day of school). The author uses their last names along with the general title. Li Lanfeng/Li Marshal/Li Mulan is the male lead. The reason why the male lead has 2 names is because of the romantic subplot in relation to him. Li Mulan is his actual identity while Li Lanfeng was the one he gained in order to subvert his fate (becoming the Pheonix Empress). However, because Li Lanfeng always wears a mask, no one knows that they're the same person except for Ling Lan and a small amount of trusted people.

Lan Wang is Ling Lan.

Extra 1

The first graduates of the First Military Academy of Lan Kingdom passed the heavy examinations of the major army corps. They had finally reached the most important turning point of their future.

“Oh right, which army do you guys want to join?” The classmates who gathered in the square while awaiting the large virtual screen to distribute information, couldn’t help but ask this question to graduates they were familiar with.

“Of course I want to go to our majesty the King's Lingtian Army. That’s our majesty’s strongest army, the real imperial army.” These words excited everyone. Entering the Lingtian Army was to become the emperor’s guard - it really was a single step to heaven.

“Don’t think so whimsically. Those who are able to enter Lingtian Army are selected from different levels of each corp. Not only must one have superior strength, their political [1] outlook and appearance have to be excellent. They can’t have even the slightest problem - we simply don’t qualify.” Some people who were clear on the selection standards couldn’t help but speak up and shatter everyone’s day dream.

“I know ah. I was just thinking about it, that’s all. My biggest goal in this life is to enter Lingtian Army.” They were only 20 year old boys, their hearts were full of dreams.

“Tch, who doesn’t have that dream? We went from a backwards and enslaved area that successfully established a country with a place amongst the Intergalactic Unions. This was all done by our majesty - who doesn't worship our majesty?” In Lan Kindgom, Lan Wang was everyone's idol.

“Can you guys not talk about dreams, ok? Lingtian Army is impossible. You guys could at least choose a more regular corps…Could it be you guys couldn’t think of anything and want the system to randomly distribute you guys?” Do you guys even have time to chat?

“Of course I don’t want to. I heard those who aren’t noticed by the corps or didn’t pass the examination, in order to prevent them from losing the opportunity to join the army, Lan Wang decided to be merciful and allowed the system to randomly assign them to a variety of corps in hopes that they will help guide them.”

“Actually, a lot of corps are really good. Like Qi General’s Longdou (Prosperous [2] Fighting) Army, Zhao General’s Tiejia (Iron Armor) Army, Luo General’s Yizi (Single Word [3]) Army, Xie General’s Zhulang (Pursuing Waves [4]) Army, Han General’s Tactical Army, Lin General’s Logistics Army…and Li Marshal’s Mufeng (Purifying Wind) Army.” Someone listed the most famous armies in Lan Kingdom. These army commanders were the ones who followed Lan Wang together to fight against the world.

“The other Armies are fine, but Li Marshal’s, that might not be a good place right now ah…” Someone spoke regretfully.

The moment the remark came out, the atmosphere suddenly turned heavy. It could be said that all in Lan Kingdom was fine - only Lan Wang and Li Marshal had some problems.

Especially since, not long ago, Lan Wang married a royal husband. That person was a marriage candidate specially sent by the Federation - the First Family of the Federation’s eldest son - Li Mulan! The relationship between Lan Wang and Li Marshal was in a bit of danger.

Legend has it that they were originally a pair of lovers that carried mutual affection. However, those old men in the parliament feared the possibility of Lan Wang and Li Marshal uniting. They were afraid of their monstrous power, afraid that no one could balance out Lan Wang, so they came out with a condition - the Royal Husband couldn’t have any military or political power. If Li Marshal wanted to be together with Lan Wang, he must abandon his current status…

Imagine what kind of man - especially a heavily armed with control over military power Marshal - would be willing to give up power and status and become something similar to that of a boy toy?

In the end, Lan Wang and Li Marshal broke up. Unfortunately, before waiting for them to have any kind of ease, the Federation sized the opportunity and sent out a demonic man to be married…

Even heroes have a weakness for the charms of beauties ah!

Although they felt regret for Lan Wang and Li Marshal, they also couldn’t help but admit - the current Royal Husband was beautiful to the point of disbelief. To move Lan Wang’s heart, this was normal.

But because of this, Lan Wang and Li Marshal really began butting heads with a bit of feeling of love and hate. This also made Li Marshal’s Mufeng Army less appealing.

“No matter, as long as you don’t end up in that Mulan (Adoring Orchid [5]) Army, it’s fine.” Compared to Mufeng Army, the cadets were even more resistance towards that Royal Husband Li Brigadier’s regiment.

Although it was called a regiment, it was actually just a small toy that Lan Wang gave her Royal Husband to play with when bored. The soldiers inside, their constitution and ability were all people who were at the very bottom. Aged, sick, and/or disabled - their fighting ability were simply scum that ranked in the negatives. If the standard soldiers that seriously graduated from the military academy couldn’t even consider this regiment - then how could they, people from the number one military academy, do so?

“Oh, I hope the god will bless us!” When these words came out, it received everyone’s sympathetic agreement.

Author's Note: Writer's block again. I wrote an extra to fish for inspiration (?_?) Everyone casually take a look.

TL’s Note: im fkginghfhghfg this extra killed me so bad. What ‘Li Mulan’ what ‘Royal Husband without power’ what ‘who would want to be a boy toy’ what ‘regretful Li Marshal’…ai what a bunch of trolls. It’s not like Li Marshal (Mulan) isn’t getting eaten by Ling Lan every night (and maybe day?)…cough cough…

[1] I’m assuming something along the lines of moral outlook, not specifically political

[2] The ‘long’ in ‘longdou’ is the ‘long’ in Qi Long

[3] I think when Luo Lang chose ‘single word’ his intention was ‘absolute loyalty’, because all Ling Lan has to give him is a single word and he will do it.

[4] Yes, the ‘lang’ in Zhulang is the ‘lang’ in Luo Lang’s name. It can be read as ‘waves that chase’ or ‘chasing waves (Luo Lang)’.

[5] LMAO This is a combination of Ling Lan’s ‘lan’ and Li Mulan’s ‘Mu’. The ‘lan’ isn’t the same as the one in Li Mulan’s name. If Li Marshal really had been another person, this would have been a serious slap to the face LOL…ur girl’s got a man who’s willing to shamelessly name his own army after their union…Cough…it’s totally not like he probably wanted to name Mufeng after them...

Ai, my drawing fingers are itching so I might also post some fan art in this thread later on...

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    missluna, Nelhiro, Ahmya and 27 others like this.
  2. Addicted Reader Syndrome

Addicted Reader Syndrome Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Where can I find the blurb Madam Ri wrote about ML? I couldn't find it...

3. Addicted Reader Syndrome

Addicted Reader Syndrome Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I have any link to your fan arts or any other reader's fanfics and arts?...that would be nice...

4. evilwang

evilwang Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Could you please spoil me in which chapter the despicable Monarch Fury from Caesar along all the spies within the Federation meet a bloody end?