LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think I've only read one xianxia where that was the actual goal of all the slaughter. In most, it's just a way to get or keep resources without having to bother with trade or honorable law enforcement.

That aside, I also accounted for this in the things that I've said.

2. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thought so. You’re using 10 as your base of calculation.
    • Sixth Stage ×1
    • Fifth Stage × 10
    • Fourth Stage ×100
    • Third Stage ×1,000
    • Second Stage ×10,000
    • First Stage ×100,000
    The problem with this model of assumption is the high number of entry level and 90% reduction at each level.

From what the author has told us, First Stage to Second Stage has 6% failure rate. (Second Stage = 0.94 × First Stage)

Second Stage to Third Stage didn’t have much difficulty, so amount should not differ by much. (Third Stage = Second Stage)

It’s logical to assume the sect will select talented disciples to join rather than randomly take them in. Therefore, the numbers for First, Second and Third Stage should be more or less the same.

Calculation based on there was only one Sixth Stage True Monarch

• Sixth Stage ×1
    • Fifth Stage × 10
    • Fourth Stage ×100
    • Third Stage ×1,000
    • Second Stage ×1,000
    • First Stage ×1064
    Let us look at Chu Aristocratic Family’s composition. It has just a few hundred disciples.
    • Fifth Stage × 1
    • Fourth Stage ×0
    • Third Stage ×2 (known)
    • Second Stage + First Stage hundreds
    Based on your model, it should be like this
    • Fifth Stage × 1
    • Fourth Stage ×10
    • Third Stage ×100
    • Second Stage ×1000
    • First Stage ×10000
    Then look at Void Sword School’s. It also has a few hundred disciples.
    • Fourth Stage ×1
    • Third Stage ×5
    • Second Stage + First Stage ×hundreds
    Again, based on your model, it should be like this
    • Fourth Stage ×1
    • Third Stage ×10
    • Second Stage ×100
    • First Stage ×1000
    Note
    1. Both Chu Family and Void Sword School existed when the Earth’s population is 7.6 billion.
    2. The calculation didn’t factor in the time required to break trough the next stage.
    3. Special requirement for each stage also didn’t taken into consideration

3. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    What are you talking about? I straight up said 10. There was nothing to figure out.
    Perhaps you should read what I said more carefully. I said "so long as she had 10 disciples over the course of her life that hit the fifth stage, and each of them had ten that reached the fourth stage, and so and so fourth" thus indicating that each successive generation took on ten disciples that didn't die before taking on their own ten. I know I also implied that each one was of the next lower stage, but that's hardly the key point of the argument. Honestly, them becoming third stage rather than being stuck at first just increases their life spans and makes my point even more solid than it already was. You'll also want to note that these numbers were entirely predicated on your assumption of her being the only True Monarch in her sect, which I still don't think was likely.

I'm not clear how any of that helps your case. Both the school and the clan were minor powers with little to no growth potential. They both seem to be relatively recently created and neither one has access to the same quantity or quality of resources (of any kind) as the CWP has been shown to have had. The limiting factors for them are much, much greater than for the CWP, regardless of the world's population.

All that aside, I'm tired of talking about this with someone who likes to cherry pick arguments and selectively read them in order to create holes in them that never existed in the first place. It's tiring and pointless, and unless you're a troll, I can't imagine that it's pleasant for you either. Let's just drop this.

4. Captain_Ironfoundersson

Captain_Ironfoundersson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Any problem faced by a small school will be faced by medium and major schools, amplified by tens, hundreds or even thousands times more. The normal conflicts such as resources, land area, secret skills will happen too.

Also, those two examples showed your model of calculation aren’t feasible at all due to many factors. If your model is good, it can be applied easily to any influence, regardless of the size. Which means, according to your model, the size of major influences should be millions to hundreds of millions. Since they would have more influences and resources.

There are others who agreed with me about the number of disciples in Pavilion Lord Chu’s sect. They all offer their respective opinions why it should be just a few thousand at most, such as the area factor and resources factor. Only you alone who keep on insisting on the 100k numbers.

Although that calculation I showed you was based on 1 True Monarch, you can just time it by any number you like. If based on one True Monarch we get around 3,000, ten True Monarchs will only be around 30,000. To get 100k, you’ll need about 30 True Monarchs.

• First Stage until Third Stage were still disciple levels. So they won’t be having any disciples on their own.
    • Fourth Stage just finished apprenticeship. So they can be the tutor to the lower stages, or some outstanding ones can be teachers. Or they will go traveling for experience.
    • Fifth Stage and Sixth Stage will be the true teachers.

Anyway, not everyone can be a teacher. So its logic to assume the number of disciples will not proportionate to the higher levels.

I can a give more examples

• Lychee is a Sixth Stage True Monarch. But she didn’t have an apprentice until now, despite some of her apprentice siblings already had.
    • Immortal Master Copper Trigram also a Sixth Stage True Monarch, only have one disciple.
    • Su Clan’s Seventh also didn’t have any disciple, despite he is a Fifth Stage (later on Sixth Stage).

5. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone kindly answer this question? I am a little bit confused. Thanks.

6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There can only be 1 wielder of the will at a time.

Becoming an immortal is ridiculously hard, to the point where almost nobody succeeds. But we have a few examples of people who succeeded (such as the saber guy who gave the MC his saber inheritance, as well as planted onion lady)

There used to be a trick to become an immortal via the heavenly city without needing ridiculously obscene talent. But it was destroyed by the current holder of the will. So most feel that their current path to immortality has been sealed. (since they are not aiming for independent immortality ascension)

As for what number those ranks are... I am a bit unclear.

Avenger likes this.
  7. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    There are immortal. Lots.
    It's hard but not impossible.

8. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Define "lots". Also, keep in mind that they tend to stick around and not die off. Also I literally said it is possible...

9. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was confirmed that Daoist Priest Scarlet Heaven has even reached Rank 9 yet, let alone the half rank above that.

10. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the difference between rank 9 and the half rank above, immortality?

11. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I dunno. The relations between sects seem to be rather peaceful. Even considering that issue with that sect that wanted to steal the Chu Family's sword art, they still had to go by the rules set by a sort of watchdog organization for cultivators. I mean, not that there aren't unscrupulous people around who don't shy away from kill-stealing people for their stuff, and organizations like that one ghost cultivator sect Shuhang went up against early on as well as the Unbounded Demon Sect, but the general situation seems to be fine. At the very least, mass slaughters don't seem to be a regular thing.

Essentially, yes. At stage 9, they have ridiculously long lifespans, and as you say, a "half rank" above that, their lifespans become truly unlimited. However, only the Heavenly Dao is actually immortal; not only an unlimited lifespan, but impervious to all harm as well.

12. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    What is the Heavenly Dao? Is that rank 10 or something else? I'm surprised I missed all these nuances while reading.

13. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did you forget the massive sprawling demonic sect thing and how they eradicated entire sects for those blood gems?
    Or how su clan seven has been going around eradicating entire branches of that infinite demon sect?

14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, if my memory serves me right, at the 9th stage, to become immortal, everyone has to find their own "way" of eternal life. No one can share the same way; if someone is already using one particular way of eternal life, no one else can use it until the seat is emptied. That's what the Heavenly Dao is, I think. The best way of eternal life.

I'm directly referring to them in the very post you quoted. Are you saying that the majority of the cultivation world is composed of sects like that? Or even half? I'm simply talking about the overall situation, so no need to take that condescending tone towards me.

15. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    When was it said onion lady is an immortal? You are talking about the onion monster attached to the enlightenment stone, correct? I thought she was an early rank 2 or something of the like.

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm surprised. I thought for sure that his "true self" would become more monk-like after learning yet another monk technique ;)

Looks like she wants to pass on. I wonder how long it'll take them both to figure that out, and how dangerous it will be for him to help her.

I wonder how much money she blew on selfies before the invention of cameras.

17. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes.

There is no rank 10.

You read his sentence wrong. He said "such as the saber guy who gave the MC his saber inheritance, as well as planted onion lady", meaning the 'saber guy' Daoist Priest Scarlet Heaven gave the MC his saber inheritance and planted Lady Onion, not that Daoist Priest Scarlet Heaven and Lady Onion were both immortal.

mrttao likes this.
  18. Avenger

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah yes I did indeed read it incorrectly. Thanks.

19. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder how long his friend will be trapped before the MC rescues him.

20. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Does anyone else feel it's ironic that people are casually talking about spoilers on immortality and rank 9-10, while others are commenting on the latest translated chapters in spoiler tags?

uziex91 likes this.