LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the rank 9-10 stuff spoilers? I thought it was stuff I missed or skimmed over. Fool me once... I think the chapters are in spoilers since they are at the forefront of the premium chapters. But I believe everything is premium now and there are no more free chapters so it isn’t needed. At least that’s how it is for most of the QI novels.

2. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    These are not spoilers. They are arguments about the worldbuilding, often drawing from material that was posted in already translated chapters.

For example, everything I have said about the immortality through the city, and Daoist Priest Scarlet Heaven comes from translated chapters. old chapters at that. And this thread is explicitly "latest chapter discussion". You can tell by the LCD tag in green, this means anyone who enters this thread has either read to the latest translated chapter, or is willing to be spoiled up to that point. Only discussion on untranslated chapters is a spoiler in this thread

3. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, sorry. I was trying not to read too much to avoid being spoiled, and mistook some misinformation that was said as spoilers.
    That being said I'm pretty sure things like this:
    were not mentioned in the story yet.

I may need to reread a couple chapters, but I don't believe we were given much (if any) information on the heavenly dao(s).

mrttao likes this.
  4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, we got this from Qidian's translation.
    Chapter 315
    Chapter 316
    Note that I refer to "Tribulation Transcender" as "Tribulation Immortal" and "Immortal" as "Eternal Life" here.
    Chapter 317
    So all this was actually already discussed, just a long time ago.

But thanks to you making me look this up again, I'm reminded that the current Heavenly Dao is not a cultivator at all.

5. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Point, yes. Some of the stuff is spoilers, just not all of it... We also had some wild speculation.

6. Waaazzap

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, you're referring to The Wielder of the Heavens' will as the Heavenly Dao itself? That's a bit... misleading, but I understand where you're coming from now. It could be said the WotHW is impervious to harm from those quotes.

I don't believe it will stay that way throughout the whole story though. The author has set up the WotHW as a posible future enemy, so even if it can't be killed, there should be a way to defeat it or kick it off it's throne.

7. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, I don't read Qidian's translations. Just MTLed stuff. Looking at the raw, it doesn't refer to the person whoHeavenly Way as "the Wielder of the Heavenly Way", but directly as the Heavenly Way (天道) itself. It also refers to them as wielding the Heavenly Way, bearing the Mandate of Heaven, yada yada, so it's essentially just personification.

8. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I really like Chu Chu. It's unfortunate that she has no interest in the MC.

Bringing up that deer crystal at this point feels like a flag...

Wouldn't it be rather dangerous for a ghost spirit to practice the Soul Ferrying Technique?
    Honestly, I'd been ignoring those arguments since they didn't look interesting or particularly relevant. This isn't really a serious series, nor is the MC even remotely close to achieving immortality. Even at lightening speed, it's not something he'll have to worry about for at least a thousand chapters, but more likely, several thousand.

9. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What exactly was being discussed about immortality? I thought people were just discussing the Chinese character for immortality and its correct usage before seguing into arguing about sect sizes. At the very least, the information on 9th stage immortality and Heavenly Dao immortality has already been revealed in the story, so I can't think of what exactly could be spoiled about them unless you're referring to specific characters.

mrttao likes this.
  10. Waaazzap

Reading List:
    Link
    @jacobpaige @Koslov Just take it as me being too cautious of spoilers and misunderstanding after glancing through their discussion. Sorry for making that assumption, spoilers just really kill my interest in stories.

11. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C575: I really thought he'd be stuck there reading scriptures for days. Or is he reciting something that will take several hours per recitation and doing it ten times actually will be a matter of days?

I wonder how many other ghost spirits in history have taken up soul ferrying...

"You can act freely before I return to Earth!" This feels like a flag... One he'll regret setting...

Hmm, I wonder how she'll be stopped from leaving. Will another ghost stop her, or will she suddenly change her mind and stop herself?

C576: "Miss Chu Chu was a girl that was rather easy to satisfy." I think that rather depends on who's trying to satisfy her. Not everyone has high level sword techniques just lying around that they're free to share with her.

I'm not sure I see the point in training in Time City if you don't have a duel or something coming up. Well, unless you just want to train around the denser energy. Otherwise, there's not much gain versus just doing it in the normal timeline and not losing your 1-2 minutes of lifespan.

C577: So, did the sect head turn her into a semi-clone or something? I'm not sure how she could move so far away from the illusion otherwise.

I wonder if the MC will gain anything by seeing that saber in action.

12. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Anyone knows what's up with Qidian's current release format? Are they no longer releasing free chapters?

Well, if you're particularly talented, it's not something you'd really sweat. Or rather, when a First Stage can live for around 100 years, a Second Stage over 200, and one's lifespan gradually increasing exponentially from there, a few years dedicated to training isn't that much in the end. Plus, the utility of being able to "rush" one's cultivation isn't even just limited to duels; it lets you get a leg up above your 'peers' in the cultivation world, and if you're part of a sect, having more higher staged cultivators would give greater security.

That added security is also useful for just plain treasure hunting activities, you know? Higher leveled dungeons = better loot. Same reasoning. If you missed an opportunity to profit just because you weren't strong enough at the time, it'd really be a shame. Natural treasures like rare resources in these kinds of settings are always the time-limited kind of stuff.

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep. They've completely stopped giving out free chapters for any series that gets popular. They've even gone so far as to gate off hundreds of chapters of each series that were originally free so that they can charge for them. It's why series that were at 1k+ free chapters are now at ~100.

Well, I can certainly see the logic there, but then why read books there? There's literally no point. If it's just a question of privacy, I'm sure she's got better ways to ensure it that won't reduce her lifespan at all. You know, if she had any lifespan left in the first place.

mrttao likes this.
  14. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a honey trap all along. Though, I was expecting that to be the case anyway.
    Ye Si's current cultivation level is Fifth Stage, right? At that stage, a cultivator's lifespan is already over 1000 years. She also co-created the Crying Heavens Grimoire cultivation technique with Pavilion Lord Chu, which I'd think indicates she's rather talented to be able to walk her own path. Then for someone at her stage and level of talent, it's just a super luxury to be able to burn time the way she does. Not that it doesn't serve the dual purpose of making sure she doesn't fall behind her peers outside of the Time City while she indulges in her hobby. At the very least, she's not like Spirit Butterfly's lazy disciple. Some people are simply more dedicated to cultivating compared to others.

Well, some cultivators go out to live like ordinary mortals as some sort of 'return to normalcy' training or whatever, so just think of it as helping to temper one's mood by letting them live care-freely and ordinarily.

15. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why would the MC even bother to take out his weapon? The opponent was at least of the fifth stage, and he's only of the second. Even with the state the guy was in, and even if he were in an even worse state, and even if the MC did his strongest attack, the MC shouldn't be able to do significant damage, much less kill him. Or was he just trying to look more manly in front of his girlfriend while she fought his battle for him?

"After all, he had signed a contract with Sixth Cultivator of True Virtue to become a magical girl" This made me lol more than it probably should have... ;)

That aside, I wonder if this event puts him ahead of the other candidates for the saber.

Hmm, with that kind of exchange rate, the sect wouldn't even need to have 100k people. Assuming that a fifth stage, undamaged soul would be worth 5k and if we assume an 80% drop in his gains per stage, then he'd get:

4th: 1k
    3rd: 200
    2nd: 40
    1st: 8

Since he only needs 100k, there are quite a few combinations that would work out. Of course, all this assumes that the souls would be ferried willingly and not resist him in any way, which isn't necessarily a good assumption.

16. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Out of curiosity, would you mind telling me how Qidian has translated the name of the sabre?

As for taking out his weapon; that's the difference between a salt fish just lying down, waiting for death, and a salt fish that goes all out to struggle no matter what! And Shuhang is certainly at the very peak of all salt fish!

jacobpaige likes this.
  17. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder what effect the red veins will have on Broken Tyrant. Will it strengthen the MC's use of the Heaven Burning Sabre Technique?

Primordial treasure Nine Virtues Phoenix Sabre

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C579: Well, that's surprising. I wonder if she also realizes how much the people in her sect want to move on, and how that would affect her chosen path if she were to find out.

I wonder if they could leave Li Yinzhu in the upper city for a while. It would give the MC more time to find a cure for her. Well, assuming the new flame in his sabre couldn't act as a cure.

"Is it possible that Senior White thought about me while exploring the ancient ruins today and gave me his blessings?" lol.

Appraising the saber's fire actually sounds like a pretty good idea. It might give him another leg up on the other candidates for the successor position.

C580: I wonder if the LDS will manage to recover from losing so many fifth stage cultivators all at once.

"Too bad that this information is completely useless to me!" I wouldn't say that. It makes me think that there's a really good chance for those flames to be the solution to Li Yinzhu's problem, or at least something to delay it for quite a while longer.

I wonder how the western monk would react if the next time they meet, the MC's light of virtue was stronger than his ;)

Sounds like Young Master Hai is about to get a lot more support for his vendetta against Stressed by a Mountain of Books ;)

uziex91 likes this.
  19. heroeric

heroeric Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So I have been hearing a lot of people say that Song should ferry the souls of the sect. But is that actually possible since I thought that the sect was actually just an illusion so it wouldn't actually contain any of the souls of the sect members

20. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Shouldn't be. No matter how realistic, a True Illusion is just an illusion. If a True Illusion could actually contain their souls or summon them back long after they've died, then that would essentially be resurrection.