LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Given what they said about cultivators of the fifth rank or higher not usually leaving behind a soul, I would think not, but if the Sect Master used some sort of inverted soul ferrying technique deliberately or instinctively to prevent her sect member's souls from dissipating or ascending and then made them new bodies with her newly acquired Illusory Reality, maybe it's possible.
    After all, the people made by an Illusory Reality are 'real' in the sense that they have physical bodies and are fully capable of using magical techniques so they should be more than capable of supporting a soul (which even puppets have been shown to do to a limited extent) as long as the illusion is maintained.
    Also, it seems like the Sect Master knows everything all the members of her sect knew in life, including secrets they wouldn't have told her (or anyone else), as well as their cultivation techniques, production skills and any insights they may have had. If the sect member's souls aren't still present, how does she know things that only they would know? As a sixth rank True Monarch, it's not like she could have completely read and memorized contents of the mind of every member of her sect.

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Speaking of absorbing the fire, did he absorb it from all the dead guys, or just the first one?
    Well, judging by Ye Si's apparent desire to be ferried, I'd say that it is. I expect that the sect head formed her illusion around their souls and is trapping them in this world to prevent them from moving on to the next. I'm less clear on how she's preventing them from deteriorating. I expect it has something to do with the path to immortality that she's currently pursuing.

Of course, that's only saying that it's technically possible, not that it would be wise to do it. I very much doubt that the sect master would be okay with him ferrying the souls of any of her sect members without her permission, which she's unlikely to give.

3. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Keep in mind that we have seen that saber guy look at MC across time. And we learned from mister white that after a certain level illusions become real. There was also the time where MC was intentionally trapped in a "real illusion" with that bald nun so she can complete her childhood dreams and have a family

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm completely up to date on the story from having read the machine-translated chapters, just so you know. That's pretty much as innocuous as I can comment on anything without hinting at anything. The things I could say from these comments.

As an aside, anyone here have any idea on what exactly kind of techniques Clear Water Pavilion specializes in? One would assume from the name alone that they'd have some sort of water theme to them, right? I suppose Ye Si's cultivation technique is sorta water-related, but Pavilion Lord Chu is all about her hair. I wonder what kind of legacies she has been passing on to people.

5. Avenger

Avenger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No spoilers from people in the know but anyone want to speculate what's up with Ye Si? You know she can't be the MC's long term girlfriend the way this story is. It's suspicious that she is real since the sect seems to be an illusion. Also whenever the MC ferried the dead, he had that spark touching Ye Si.

6. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "In that case, should I try buying the 'blood of demodragon'?" Why didn't he ask about the market price if he was thinking about buying it? Also, if he's planning on borrowing the stones, then he should just ask Fourth if it's okay to talk to people about the merchant. If it is, he should contact the guy in the chat group that was also looking for the blood. It sounded like he definitely had enough money to buy it, and would be more than happy to do so and gift some of it to the MC in exchange for tipping him off about the merchant. That way, not only would he get the completed potion, but he'd also get it for free while simultaneously earning the gratitude of a high level cultivator.

I wonder why the sect head didn't anticipate that Sobbing Old Man would tell her about the sect's destruction, or why she chose not to care if she did anticipate it.

mrttao likes this.
  7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "the nearby Senior Sister Ye used all her strength to squeeze Song Shuhang's arm" How did his arm not pop like a balloon or piece of uncooked sausage?

It sounds like there's only one ghost in the sect. I wonder if Venerable Chu would be willing to let her move on. She really seems to want to.

Also curious how much contact he's going to have with ghost cultivators in the near future since he and his ghost spirit need to go on a spirit ferrying spree of epic proportions ;)

mrttao likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder why the monster hunters wanted everyone dead, and if this is what led to them becoming nearly extinct.

mrttao likes this.
  9. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It sounds like they're just giant dicks to me, if that's enough of a reason.

mrttao likes this.
  10. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly, I thought they were fanatics more than giant d**ks. It's why this latest move doesn't really make much sense to me. Well, unless they somehow managed to convince themselves that all of their victims were colluding with their enemies in spite of the overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

11. LesserSarcasm

LesserSarcasm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You find out part of the reason in about 1k chapters so will be a while yet

12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    "Was it possible that she had been confusing lunatics with abnormal perverts all along?" lol. I thought she was kidding XD

"a snow-white lotus flower appeared beneath the feet of the ghost spirit" That sounds suspiciously like the immortal that betrayed the city of immortals. If it's the same person, then I have to wonder if that's really Ye Si she gave birth to.

So, this means that she's been "alive" and kicking this entire time? Then why is she still only a fifth stage cultivator? Or was she a lower level than that when the sect was destroyed?

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, do recall her memory problems. She doesn't even remember the last time she left the sect's grounds. Time flies when you're just reading books.

14. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I assumed that that was because she hadn't left sect grounds since the sect moved to space.

15. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She's a Fifth Stage, which means she can move through space now. That crying old man who learned her cultivation technique was able to make it to Clear Water Pavilion all on his own (not sure how he did it the first time, but that's not really important), so Ye Si should be capable of traveling to Earth if she wanted to. But being able to leave isn't really the problem here, but more the fact that she didn't try to leave at all.

16. Sumasuun

Sumasuun Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, considering that the entire sect freezes when the master does into a deep sleep and how often she sleeps I have to wonder how much of the time Ye Si has been awake. We've seen that she is different so she doesn't freeze when the others do, but for her to not have noticed anything wrong after all these years and how easily the master put Ye Si to sleep just now I'd assume that something must have been keeping her in check which could have hindered her advancing her cultivation.

jacobpaige likes this.
  17. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't reread this section yet, but she's been spending all her time in the Time City, hasn't she? Time speeds up or slows down according to how Pavilion Lord Chu wills it to flow.

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually, it's at a set rate. Whether it's faster or slower is determined by which area you go to.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    You wouldn't happen to recall the chapter this detail pops up in, would you?

20. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Last edited: Sep 21, 2018