LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Demonic Reader lv 451F 蝶醒, 梦未.

Reading List:
    Link
    Do you eat meat? Do you eat fish?

IF you did not eat, those cows and pigs and fishes and shrimps would not been killed!

Does this means .. what a horrible human being you are?
    Worse than that Feather Soft who is only imaginary people in the novel??

2. Daruda

Daruda [Heavenly Frog] [Grumpy] [Contemplative]

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that she's following the archetype of the innocent spoiled princess. She's beautiful, inexperienced (choses a stupid method), sheltered for all her life, arrogant and hypocrite (she thinks that she can play with lives), but does things in an innocent way, she doesn't want to do real damage. She could have killed 'em, a mysterious cardiac attack could have done the trick too.
    She's really mono-dimensional and for now predictable. The author is making her look like a nice girl because the mc is probably seeing her as one, I'm quite sure that a woman would find her less attractive, seeing all the evident problems in her.
    Yep, but the girl didn't kill the dog to eat it. It was unnecessary. She could have used another plan and left it alone.
    She's just arrogant.

Leachinator likes this.
  3. Leachinator

Leachinator [Jedi master general] Most Special Snowflake

Reading List:
    Link
    I hope the author does give her character more depth eventually and probably the reason i felt the need to comment is because the modern setting and regular MC makes it easy to put myself in the MCs situation for example when there in the train and he is looking at her face with a bit of drool on it thinking how cute she looks all i could think was
    "OMFG run for your life jackass!!!"
    [​IMG]

4. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry to disappoint you. She has no depth.
    She's beauty, world class, cute, sunny, simple, intelligent (in cultivation).

But no depth. Plus, dumb .. enough to
    cause 'big disaster' to the cultivation world with her smartphone camera!

5. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol causing a disaster for a society of immortals with a smart phone sounds pretty funny actually.
    Guess I am a terrible person.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  6. Daruda

Reading List:
    Link
    Well the fun part is seeing those "grandpas" interact with modern society and mc reaction to absurd situations, we'll surely see him scared when he'll go into the tomb.
    I still wish that Chinese authors will learn to make real-like characters. I assume that printed novels there are a lot better than web novels...

7. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    Or at least they could mention jade skin, slim thighs, and boobs a bit less but yeah im definitely looking forward to more mc + goofy immortals.

8. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I do actually own a dog, but I kind of just take it as a story in that sense. That said I just don't think she paid much attention to the fate of the dog and likely never thought the owner might kill it. Cultivators are also of the beliefs of reincarnation, and death is not the final end it is (to the society at large), unless your soul was destroyed. The "non-evil" path cultivators while might do "good" based on their own sense of justice, don't actually go out of their way just to do "good", they will avoid harming mortals, but are also not going to avoid it as long as it accomplish their objectives. They will try to rescue and protect mortals caught up in their struggles or fights or even if they get caught in special events like tribulations, but they are not going to beat themselves over the failure to prevent it.
    Later story also shows the teacher swapping dogs he isn't happy with, even if the dog is not at fault. He could have done this with this dog but apparently decides to do otherwise.

Mentioning what is inside a spoiler tag would technically be a spoiler too even if its a reply.
    I'm curious, what do you mean real-like? Since this is a story about people with fictional powers, not sure how that would work in context.
    The author mainly does that only early in the story, and only to point out how outrageously beautiful female cultivators can be.

Beautifying side effects of cultivating includes but are not limited to: whitening of your skin, height growth, clearing of blemishes in your skin and radiant skin.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
  9. Daruda

Reading List:
    Link
    @Foxfer
    At times I wonder if the characters could have more that one side to them in these stories, Chinese WNs tend to use cliches and mono dimensional characters. They have roles that they have to act, they don't feel complex enough...they're cold tools to move the plot. Every side character is the main characters of it's own story. Citing Pirandello everyone is "One, one hundred thousand, no one", because you are yourself, the many version of you that people see and actually no one as what you perceive and what the others see contrast. The concept of human is too complex to pass as a cliché, it makes the storie look shallow in my analythical judgement and I have to turn off the pragmatic side of my mind to accept it.

10. Leachinator

Reading List:
    Link
    My bad

Wasn't talking about this author just in general. It doesn't bother that much by itself but it is very noticeably mentioned ALOT(again in CN web novels in general).

11. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah, I see. Thats kind of true. Then again, to be a little fair to them, many of the chinese authors like this one for example are technically publishing on a portal for aspiring authors. Qidian, 起点 literally means "Starting Point". While some get mega popular hits, and might really have a well thought out story, a lot of times, they are new writers, trying to give a go at writing stories. They usually don't have a group of editors or proof readers to help them quality check their stories. Maybe when the stories are picked up by some actual publishers, that then those stories will get a work over to improve them for more main stream book readers.
    That is kind of true, but then again, "sex sells", not just in cn novels. ;)

12. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Just saw that on qidian, there is another similar opening concept novel, "Super WeChat System". Not sure if its going to be a cultivation type novel yet, briefly looked at the first chapter, and already the MC has found that things are not normal, those making appearance in the first chapter are classic chinese patheon deities, with famous ones like Sun Wu Kong etc making appearance. Seems more super natural than XianXia type.

Sypnosis:
    "Chen Xiao Hai's WeChat had an update, he discovered that the update this time is different from the past. Immortal Realm Chat Group, Greek Olympian Chat Group, Land of Gods Chat Group, each and every legendary gods and immortal chat groups made an appearance. Not just these, Chen Xiao Hai also discovered all manner and types of novels, and comics have chat groups, this is just.... One day, Chen Xiao Hai discovered WeChat Purchase, WeChat Message In a Bottle all appeared to be different from before. Hehehe.... Chen Xiao Hai's Destiny is going to change."

JustLetMeHaveAName and Xian Ni like this.
  13. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow just read this currently in 150 its funny plus.
    This is the forst time ive heard of using a hotpot to create pills/medicine haha most use furnaces

Last edited: Aug 26, 2016
  14. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Kindly use the spoiler tag. While you might have read the story in the raw or used a machine translation, the translated chapters haven't reached the point you mentioned. So it might spoil the story/jokes for you to mention them without the spoiler tags for those who don't like spoilers.

But yes, it's unortodox.

15. Demonic Reader lv 451F

Reading List:
    Link
    Should we set up the rule now?

If anyone not use the spoiler tag,
    tie him to the disposible feijian!

16. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lol,
    Well, which version? 004? Meteor 001? or Shuhang 001?

17. Silverblood

Silverblood Forbidden Library

Reading List:
    Link
    gotta be
    shuhang 002 or disposable sword 005

18. Foxfer

Foxfer Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think I remember those actually existing yet...
    If I remember, disposable sword 005 was modified into meteor disposable sword 001, with 002 being planned, while shuhang 002 isn't made yet, since 001 still has improvements to do.

19. Rreelentless

Rreelentless Captain Sheriff Admiral Colonel Major General

Reading List:
    Link
    liked this chapter as the MC is realising that cultivation may actually be a thing now

20. nero raregroove

nero raregroove 『Handsome Baldie』『The Traitor』

Reading List:
    Link
    Looks like the turning point will started from today chapter.. maybe ?

Only thing caught my attention were mc aunty kick tech name.. >_>