LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, jacob essentially says it.
    Shuhang gets desperate about preventing an oncoming Tribulation and briefly considers copying “Horizon”, but he declines because he doesn’t want to become “Faraway Song”, referencing “Faraway Place (Horizon)’s” dao name.

mrttao and justmehere like this.
  2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    "Instead, she was carrying a huge cannon on her shoulder." lol. I thought Shuhang might use it, but I wasn't expecting her to use it ;)

3. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean Lamia being the BOSS of SS team should have the best equipment tho

4. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She does have the advantage of not being killable, after all, since her body can reform after being destroyed. Lets Shuhang concentrate on defense.

mrttao likes this.
  5. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    C1022: lol. I love the MC's reputation ;)

Though, I have to wonder why the saber intent didn't retaliate if it was enveloping the lamia.

C1023: He should really try to learn a technique that enhances regeneration. It would help a lot with that appraisal technique.

lol. I knew he wouldn't be able to control it, but I thought it would at least fight the tribulation a bit for its own sake ;)

6. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He has been relying on whatshername, that spirit general with the golden book that he is contracted with. She has good healing skills and is rank 5 (breaking into rank 6). Making her far better than any healing spell he could cast himself

7. ZahhaK

ZahhaK Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ye Si

mrttao likes this.
  8. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Right, but she's not always going to be there, so its best if he has some sort of passive or semi-passive regeneration technique.

9. Inuzuka

Inuzuka Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The demonic lotus seed he ate gave him increased regeneration.

10. mrttao

mrttao Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He didn't know nor expect that she will suddenly be gone, and as such had not thought to prepare his own healing techniques

11. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    Still, those brave cultivators resisting the tribulation one moment and then cowering the next, the sight is too blinding!

mrttao likes this.
  12. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    That doesn't prevent him from learning them in the future, which is what I was suggesting.

13. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, lets be fair. He hasn’t even been a cultivator for all that long, plus, the only freebie techniques he can learn have all already been posted in the Nine Provinces group files. The techniques he acquired in the beginning were given to him with the intent of helping out a newbie and as “thanks” for the help he’s given, but if he wants to learn other techniques, he’ll have to do something to get them.

Part of the difficulty of being a loose cultivator is the fact that there’s no repository of collected techniques all prepared and ready for them. ‘Course, he could have always just asked Ye Si to teach him, but I imagine her healing techniques are part of the pavilion’s legacy rather than something she made on her own like her Crying Heavens Grimoire (or however it’s been translated here), which would be a big no no in terms of cultivator etiquette to just casually ask to learn.

14. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So let me get this tribulation straight..

Technically, the tribulation adds up their numbers and just came up with a level 8 tribulation to wipe them together right?

15. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don’t think too hard about it. There’s no concrete math here. But basically, yes; all together, they qualify for an Eight Stage Heavenly Tribulation. Just understand that, even at the same stage, some tribulations are harder than others due to the difference in talent and potential between individuals.

justmehere likes this.
  16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    lol. Scholar Drunken Toon is going to be so jealous ;)

I wonder if the others will help him pay back Venerable White. He basically has no hope of earning that many spirit stones in the next century or so on his own, and they definitely wouldn't have survived that without him.

Also curious what will happen with the puppet. Its possible it can self-repair, but I'm not sure that the power source he gave it would have survived that.

Also wondering if the lamia will keep this upgrade. If so, and its usable against cultivators and not just tribulations, then he'll basically be invincible against anything below the Ninth stage. Though, even if its only good for tribulations, he shouldn't have to worry about any prior to the Ninth going forward. Well, not unless he winds up in another joint tribulation.

17. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp, if you mean the mother & child cannon, it's more likely she'll keep it though it's definitely gonna be heavy for SS's current wallet/financial. But more than that, I bet that her trolling lv's definitely going up after learning dogeza & orz :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

18. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I meant the hat actually. The cannon requires spirit stones of the Eighth Stage, which he no longer has.

19. Koslov

Koslov Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The hat is a tool, however (minor spoiler)
    it is rechargeable. It slowly accumulated power on its own, but can also be charged up faster by the direct infusion of karmic virtue.

20. zhainan2157

zhainan2157 『Villager No.2157』『Kawaii Connoisseur』

Reading List:
    Link
    Took only a few months of cultivating before he was able to show off his Divinity. If there is a Guinness Cultivation World Record Book then just put Shuhang’s name in it already.

jacobpaige, S4TY4 and TraderLife like this.