LCD Cultivation Chat Group

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by CloudySkySadMoon, Jun 18, 2016.

1. Tea leaves

Tea leaves Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The members of the Nine province number (1) group care about face. Even Thrice Reckless would rather be called little Thrice on the outside than be called Senior by Tyrant Song big shot

2. jacobpaige

jacobpaige Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    There's a part of me that would really like this to be made into a live action, specifically for scenes like this...

3. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually it would rather not made into a live action because they always screw up on scenes like these. A manga would be a much better alternative because if done right, it could enhance the scene a lot.

Anyway, I like this novel precisely because SS cannot even boil water normally. I am so tired of stupid cultivation novels that portray themselves as serious and then screw up with a nonsense plot, this is a refreshing novel that does not actually take itself serious and yet manages to have many distinct characters who I remembered even after taking a several month break from it.

4. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    The highest stage a cultivator can reach before being sterile is 7th stage Venerable with difficulty. Like Soft Feather who is 25 because she was in mother's womb for an extra 3 years. And that is the reason why she is being treated as the same age as Su clan Sixteen (28 years old). 8th stage and above are sterile and quite lonely . Just because they reach a higher realm doesn't mean their dao companion also manages it. And it also doesn't mean that their offspring before being sterile is still alive. It is true that their blood line is still continuing but it is still feel too remote to even have an emotional to them.

5. Darius Drake

Darius Drake A poster of verbose posts

Reading List:
    Link
    There's already a Cultivation Chat Group Manga being produced. I'm not certain whether having an Animated or Live Action story would be better. I suspect I would be more likely to watch an Animated version, but that isn't actually up for discussion. The thing is, the limitations of a cheap Live Action would either make Cultivation Chat Group incredibly cheesy or just plain unfit for the source material, while a cheap animated version would have trouble doing justice to the action scenes.

I'm specifying "cheap" for both, because with unlimited budgets all the issues with both types would disappear, but there's very little chance of even the best or most popular stories getting a properly funded budget, let alone an unlimited one.

6. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually started reading this with manga, as it took too long for the plot to actually start in the novel. Manga for usually is a bit easier to start, it is easier to skip the boring stuff and cringe. But for this novel, I actually like manga quite a bit. I think it does the novel justice.

I think anime might be quite nice if properly done, and no weird-ass animation that seem to be trending lately. I don't think I ever saw a good live action adaptation to a novel or a manga (well, maybe Alita), so I don't believe they can properly capture the charm of this novel with live action. Things like senior White charm and him falling and blowing things up... I don't think they can make it look good in the movie. I also think it would be difficult to play Soft Feather, she is such a unique character.

7. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    Why doesn't she just redesign the car so that breaking was completely different from accelerating? If the only pedal was the break, and accelerating required her to do something with her hands, then it might work out.

Alternatively, she could just make it so that accelerating required more than just her foot being on the accelerator. It wouldn't fix the problem of her not stepping on the brake, but it might stop the problem of her accelerating instead of braking.

While the manhua for this is actually pretty good, its definitely the exception. Manhua are far more likely to suck than other forms of adaptations, at least for the Chinese LN/WN adaptations I've seen or heard about. That said, I'd also be fine with an anime, provided it was done by people who respected the source material.

8. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, manhua is often quite bad and also skips some plot points and add other stuff in the plot. But it is much easier to make good manga for a novel compared to making live action.

9. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Actually the manhua adaptation of this novel skip a lot of very important plot point for example the younger sister of the one of who took Senior white Statue and many more. That younger sister very important for the story.

10. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    oh, I skipped that part in the novel, so I have no idea about the younger sister. Why is she important, will she come after the translated chapters? I am caught up with the reading, but I am not paying attention to the names of minor episodic characters, there are just too many.

11. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    She is very important cause she is the one who help created the most important gold core composition he owns.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2019
    sgrey likes this.
  12. sgrey

sgrey Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I guess the translation is not up to there yet

13. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    @Tea leaves I don't know what you're talking about, which I assume means that that's an unmarked spoiler :/

14. The Hamster Overlord

The Hamster Overlord Mad scientist/Revered wizard/Alleged antichrist

Reading List:
    Link
    He seems to be reffering to the penniless Thief sect's whatshername

15. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    I can't remember to what specific chapter it was shown that SS managed to see the Karma lines. I wonder amongst those special Karma I wonder if the Ruler is among them and I wonder if the Holy man is also included (he's already dead). Can a Future Karma thread be bind towards the past?

16. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I kinda expected them to go to space for safety.

17. jacobpaige

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm fully expecting recriminations next chapter for him not phrasing his offer properly ;)

18. Tea leaves

Reading List:
    Link
    Is it possible to upgrade a life bound magical tool?
    After all creating a life bound must be completed while still on 4th stage or at the very least the core part of the life bound magical tool like Northern River only managed to complete his life bound magical tool the 12 sword pill when he was 5th stage. So what is the difference between completing it on 4th stage and 5th stage?

19. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    Is that a spoiler?

20. The Hamster Overlord

Reading List:
    Link
    When SS is showing off his wealth.
    "hey, seniors, wanna have dinner?"
    "no"
    "kay"
    Later
    "yeah, it was made by the super famous chef every body and their mothers wanna eat at"
    "shit..."