Recommendations cultivation novel with unorthodox weapons

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by ChrystanthemumPlucker, Feb 24, 2022.

1. ChrystanthemumPlucker

ChrystanthemumPlucker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    are you tired of the saame old cultivation novel mc that uses swords, sabers, spears? want to get a new spicy mc that uses spicy weapons? SO AM I!

so what I'm looking for is :
    1. Cultivation centered
    2. If possible, be less stereotypical (domineering tyrannical cold mc)
    3. Less used weaponds (so not swords and spears, could be metal fans for example)
    3. NOOOOOO HAREM PLEASE

2. 0000000

0000000 I B SMILING!

Reading List:
    Link
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/raising-a-fox-spirit-in-my-home/

3. slarbi

slarbi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  4. ChrystanthemumPlucker

ChrystanthemumPlucker Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm sorry but he sounds like such a template "ruthless cold domineering tyrant male cultivator"

5. NoLongerTheSame

NoLongerTheSame Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm currently making a list for each weapon type but it's taking a while since I have to read the ones I haven't yet. Anyway, here's some:
    Doulou Dalou - Hidden weapons/Hammer
    Zhu Xian - Staff
    Conquest (a little bit harem) - Axe
    Monarch of Evernight - Gun
    Bowblade Spirit(Webtoon) - Bow
    Seeking the Flying Sword Path - (Genuine) Flying Swords
    Sign-in Budda's Palm - Fisticuffs/No weapon
    A Will Eternal (harem but not that bad) - A lot of unusual weapons
    Forty Millenniums of Cultivation - Exosuit/Mecha

6. Sienna21

Sienna21 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  7. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He’s not, exactly. This novel is a bit lame (but i like it anyway). MC has a unique power of instant upgrade any item he put his hands into, like giving the item templates of +1, +2… and after + 10 and at specific points of upgrade giving the item extra functions.

Later he became a smith, but his competence for smithing also come in great part from his unique power.

While the story and development of the unique power is very weak, i like the concept and it’s a good fast food novel.

So @Sienna21, if you have any other novel on this concept, i will be happy to know.

Obs: it may please the OP for other reasons, you can say that MC main weapon in this novel is… a brick.

8. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, you’re correct. It’s been awhile since I last read it. And I hate to admit it but I’m not entirely done reading it too. Still a ways to go. And like you, I also like the concept too as well as it being a “good fast food” novel.

Well, @Kamuizin, I do have two that comes to mind but aren’t necessarily a cultivation setting. But to me, they’re a wonderful read:

1) Another World’s Versatile Crafting Master
    - It doesn’t have a good review because people say it has too many clichés. But to coin a phrase “there’s several ways to skin a cat” and to me, the story was delicately well done. You just have to take it with a “grain of salt” and enjoy the ride.

2) Black Tech Internet Cafe System
    - Now this one has a very unique concept…”gaming cultivation”. If you read the synopsis, you’ll know what I mean. I like to think of this as a “roller coaster ride” because it’s fun to read.

Hopefully you haven’t read these yet. But if you had, sorry in advance.

@ChrystanthemumPlucker
    I hope the two novels above is something you be interested as well. Not sure if they fall along your criteria but you might still find them enjoyable to read.

9. Kamuizin

Kamuizin Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thanks @Sienna21! I will surely check them after i end Chronicles of Primordial Wars.

10. Sienna21

Reading List:
    Link
    You're welcome @Kamuizin. Anyway enjoy the read...and I'm going to check out CoPW too since I already have it on my reading list.

11. Nancy Drew

Nancy Drew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hello. Excuse me, my English is not very good. I am not a native English speaker.

What do you think of the battle dancer?

I can suggest the novel "Dusk Howler", but this novel has not been translated. The English translator translated only the prologue and an excerpt from the first chapter from Korean into English, and then abandoned the translation.

90% of the plot is a comedy shounen about the adventures of a fun guild of villains Dusk Howler in the VRMMORPG "Trikia" (friendship, battles between guilds, learning crafts, dungeon quests, trading, etc.), and 10% is a love story (harem).

Tags: Shounen, PG-13, MMORPG, Virtual Reality, Gender Bender, Male To Female, Bromance, BL Subtext, Harem, Action, Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Fantasy, Martial Arts, Social Phobia, Antihero, Long-Haired Male Lead, Shy Protagonist, Cowardly Male Lead, Poor Male Lead, Dense Male Lead, Genius Protagonist, Talented Male Lead, Hard-Working Protagonist, Ambitious Male Lead, Socially Awkward Male Lead, Clean Freak, Crybaby Male Lead, Androgynous Male Lead, Feminine Male Lead, Naive Protagonist, Unlucky Male Lead.

The novel "Dusk Howler" consists of 2 parts.

Part I ("Dusk Howler", 7 volumes) is the server "Trikia" in the game "Trikia" (European world of might and magic). A male protagonist Kim Jiha (Kim Jee-Ha), an inconspicuous and shy heterosexual guy, created a male magician (a blacksmith) with a beautiful feminine face and long black hair (later, Jiha dyed his magician's hair from black to honey blonde), so he has a "harem" that consists of women and men. In the game, the evil male necromancer Nine, who leads the villainous guild Dusk Howler, became Jiha's combat mentor. Nine (Korean: "king's concubine") is an eccentric heterosexual bishounen (androgyne and bigender) who likes to turn into a hermaphrodite (with a feminine male body and a female chest) and wear women's clothes.

Part II ("Dusk Howler 2", 5 volumes) is the server "Murim" in the game "Trikia" (Ancient Chinese world, xianxia). In the game, Jiha is a female swordsman because his male swordsman became the king of the country, and then accidentally drank a sex change potion and turned into a queen. And Nine is a male battle dancer-poet who performs dance moves with bells on his arms and legs and throws pieces of paper with poetry. Nine continues to commit various atrocities.

Jiha is a weak magician and a weak swordsman, but he is excellent at fist fighting. However, he plays as a magician and a swordsman, not as a melee, because he got bad stats at character creation both times. His life in the game is filled with funny misunderstandings due to the fact that he plays for those classes that do not match his talent.

12. PeanutButter and 23 others

PeanutButter and 23 others Purple Platypus Bear w/ Pink Horn & Silver Wing

Reading List:
    Link