Recommendations Cultivation novel without the Cultivation

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Mufarasu, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Mufarasu

Mufarasu Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, I recently read through Beware of Chicken on RR, and I really enjoyed it.

There's still cultivation stuff, but it's like background world building, with things on how it affects daily life and some hints on how stuff works. It's mostly a little more actiony slice-of-life story with some pretty solid character relationships.

Does anyone have anything similar? Where cultivation takes the backseat and we don't have to deal with sects and all their BS for the
    n-th time?

Conversely, I'd be happy if there was a cultivation novel with a strong romantic pairing where they do stuff together and not just
    high-five at their wedding and part ways.

Kansuou and jad14661 like this.
  2. TypeFantasyHeart

TypeFantasyHeart Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    you can only find what you want from an original cultivation novel that its NOT chinese.

Wujigege, LollipoPReapeR and jad14661 like this.
  3. jad14661

jad14661 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i'm sure this genre of novel will become popular in like 3 months or so, I really enjoy the novel but i'd prefer if the mc seemed mysterious to people but still was kind and stuff, idk why i didnt like the parts where jin was rolling in mud or giggling silly like but i still enjoyed the rest

4. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe try History's Strongest Senior Brother, there are elements of cultivation, and it isn't really background, but the majority of the story seems to be more focused on character interaction, and the development of the sect. It has been a while since I read it so maybe I'm not remembering it right. It is worth a read even if it's not exactly what you want, just because it breaks from the redundancy of the typical cultivation story.

5. SerialBeggar

SerialBeggar Hate your family? Got no friends? Gimme your stuff

Reading List:
    Link
    Silver Overlord - the focus on cultivation is fairly light. The MC practices it regularly, of course, but the story doesn't dwell on it. No romance, although the MC does have occasional intimate relationships off screen. The MC is filial and after a brief stint at the Imperial Capital City, he returns to his village to fortify and uplift his village and the surrounding area ahead of the expected future calamity. He uses modern knowledge to introduce some concepts and mechanical tech to start businesses to self fund his preparations.

6. Kansuou

Kansuou Song of Lone Indifference.

Reading List:
    Link
    Dude, thanks for introducing such an amazing book. Just completed reading the first volume, Waiting for the new chapter for next week.

Mufarasu likes this.
  7. Bright_Lucky_Star

Bright_Lucky_Star [Previously Known as OrdinaryUser] The Blessed One

Reading List:
    Link
    Tiang Ying by Xiao Ding
    https://www.novelupdates.com/series/heavens-shadow/