Recommendations Cultivation story with a twist.

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by Goblin Sleuth, Apr 19, 2018.

1. Goblin Sleuth

Goblin Sleuth Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alright so just saying "with a twist" might be a little ambiguous, hell every story on here has some sort of twist if you think about it hard enough, so it is really up to interpretation. No what I am asking is what are some stories you liked, that you thought had a really cool and interesting twist that made it stand out from other cultivation stories?

This is one of my favorite stories, at first it seems pretty standard, typical demonic cultivation story. The protagonist of this story though actually becomes a demon. No he doesn't just gain the ability to transform into a demon, he becomes a demon in body and soul. The narration actually describes how his personality progressively changes, becoming more ferocious, and savage.

It is so refreshing compared to stories where protagonist can go on massacres and everyone just ignores it, being like "oh it was the other parties fault for offending the protagonist" looking at you Chaotic Sword God. In LGS the story acknowledges that his changes and behavior are abnormal. Even the protagonist accepts that he is stepping further away from the human path, and realizes that there will be consequences. Also when he finally does get a demon form it becomes his true power. In other words if he wants to fight at full strength he has to transform, his demon form is his true form.

2. zeronoko

zeronoko Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Womanize mage ?

3. Arcturus

Arcturus Cat, Hidden Sith Lord

Reading List:
    Link
    Well Savage Divinity is probably still the most interesting cultivation novel I've ever read (ironic in that it's not a translated novel).

There are quite a few twists, but most importantly the author takes the times to be particular in his choice of setting and how he develops it. The reincarnation element of it is quite well done and is thoroughly explored. In fact the "twist" in the way the MC's "reincarnation" interacts with the story and character development plays a huge role in the story thus far.
    Recommended.

4. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Been a while since I read it, and I am not up to date. Are you referring to the twist of a cultivator being sent to a world with a more western magic system, or does something else happen later on that I am not aware of?

zeronoko likes this.
  5. zeronoko

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know ? I thought it was good though. You can binge read it from time to time when you have some spar time.

6. Goblin Sleuth

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I liked it, satisfying to read about a harem where the protagonist actually fucking does something, (omg that is the twist). Stopped reading around the time he was joining his families military. Not sure why, if I picked it up again I would have to start from the beginning because I forgot all the names already.

If you like WM I would also recommend Great Demon King. Similar setting of cultivator entering a world with a western magic system. It even has harem though to a lesser degree than WM.

zeronoko likes this.
  7. zeronoko

Reading List:
    Link

8. elengee

elengee Daoist Ninefaps

Reading List:
    Link
  9. Xharyel

Xharyel Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    A twist huh... Maybe Swallowed Star ? I won't spoil it but when I read it, there was something that happened that I did not expect at all, it was really unexpected (in a good way).

And overall, I think it's kinda refreshing compared to your usual cultivation novel.

10. Prosperous_Food

Prosperous_Food Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Little Cooking Saint. - cultivate by eating.
    Alchemist chef - cultivate by cooking.

are these twists weird enough for you? Not the normal cultivation, and different route from everyone else.

at http://www.prosperousfood.com

11. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link