Recommendations Currently Airing Anime

Discussion in 'Anime Discussion' started by Raneday, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    thanks for the recommendations!!! Love lots!

Sabruness likes this.
  2. Andro

Andro Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Not that bad. It's not the best and a lot of people say it's awful and bad, but I kinda like it. The world is interesting and the art is beautiful.

Raneday likes this.
  3. Wujigege

Wujigege *Christian*SIMP*Comedian

Reading List:
    Link
    I want lots of action, male protagonist and preferably zero ecchi but that aint gonna happen

4. ebonykun

ebonykun Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i think it's getting more recognition after the mermaid sisters part got memefied

kimetsu no yaiba checks all that
    i like the show, definitely a great addition to the shonen genre, but the action is admittedly a little sluggish and the battles are conversation-heavy. try it and see if you like it!

Wujigege likes this.
  5. Ushiyama Tatsuma

Ushiyama Tatsuma Devilish Judoka • Big Breeder ☆

Reading List:
    Link
    Hohoho~Then Golden Kamuy is what you're looking for my friend.

The story's Following Saichi “Immortal” Sugimoto, a veteran of the Russo-Japanese War who learns of a hidden cache of Ainu gold hidden in Hokkaido. Golden Kamuy contains wilderness survival, sharpshooting, prison breaks, and enormous bears.Honestly this was more than enough of a reason for me to start reading but here we go:

The central plot of Golden Kamuy is a hunt for a buried hoard of gold belonging to the Ainu, an indigenous people native to northern Japan, which takes the characters all over early twentieth-century Hokkaido—through prison cells, Ainu kotan(settlements), company towns, and across the barren wilderness. Oh, and did I mention? The X isn’t marked on any old pirate map. It’s tattooed on human skin—to be exact, on the skin of 24 escaped prisoners now scattered all over Hokkaido.So you have to either skin the person or copy it down but of course skinning is the easier choice for a bunch of battle-hardened vets.

The Immortal Saichi Sugimoto, a veteran of war, and Asirpa, an Ainu girl, are the protagonists, and they make a truly awesome pair. Sure, one of them is a seasoned soldier and the other is a 12-year-old girl, but that doesn’t stop them from forming a pretty adorable older brother/younger sister bond that gets them through most crises they encounter. Sugimoto never looks down on Asirpa even though she’s a kid—she’s a badass, and she’s saved his life more than once. The mutual trust and respect that grows between these two as they increasingly come to rely on each other is one of the most heartwarming aspects of the series.

Golden Kamui has stunning visuals throughout. At one moment you could have some intense picture of suspenseful events, and the next a comical moment between the main characters. A lot of the comical moments are when ever Sugimoto and Asirpa are cooking. Sugimoto has never had these dishes before and when Asirpa gives him something that seem disgusting, like a brain or eyeball of an animal, Sugimoto reacts in a very amusing way.

So yeah idk if you're an anime only guy or not but the manga's on another level,For the anime the CGI can be sloppy at times especially with the bears,but that's not much of a problem considering how good the story is.Still,I very much recommend the manga as you'll have over 200 chaps of pure awesomeness to binge through.

ebonykun and Wujigege like this.
  6. azha_

azha_ Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Hrmmm, walp I think if you're looking for good recent anime (with great animation) you could try My Roommate is a Cat and Rascle Does not Dream of Bunny Girl Senpai. <---- those are some more heart warming slice of life ish types

Don't know if you're into sports anime, but some great ones are Tsurune and Run With the Wind. <---- these also warm my heart

Or if you want some more sad, thoughtful anime, you could try Violet Evergarden and Iroduku: The World in Colors <---- these are some of my favs *-*, oof but I nearly cried every episode of Violet Evergarden

Raneday likes this.
  7. falseking011

falseking011 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Mayonaka no Occult Koumuin (currently airing)
    If you're into supernatural

Raneday likes this.
  8. S4TY4

S4TY4 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    For current (summer 2019) my recommendation that I've tried is Enen no Shouboutai
    Kinda looking forward for Cop Craft

Raneday likes this.
  9. Raneday

Raneday Not Rane

Reading List:
    Link
    I read the manga of it, but it's not my cup of tea

10. jessica88

jessica88 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The art is good.
    The plot is so so. It's a bit boring for me sorry. :blobmelt:

I'm currently watching douluo dalu season 2 (soul land)
    I love the art.
    Awesome plot and characters.
    It's action and a hint of comedy and romance.
    It's really exciting. I can't wait for the next episode.