Discussion Cursing & calling name - why?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CDLevit, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Readingaddict36

Readingaddict36 [Mostly dead]

Reading List:
    Link
    The ability to punch people over the internet would be an awesome kind of super power.
    Always reminds me of Jay and Silent Bob movie. in the end they spend their fortune traveling across the usa to puch people who grilled their film over the net.

SnowTime likes this.
  2. mrawesome69

mrawesome69 I'm getting too old for this shit

Reading List:
    Link
    Sometimes I use curses as a sign of afection. Like saying to your friend go eat shi* you stupid fagg** means hello good sir how are you and similar. But that just works with close friends. And sometimes I just want to see the world burn! :)

CDLevit likes this.
  3. Estarossa

Estarossa 《Master of Dessert》°Resurrected Ghoul°

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]
    Safe behind a monitor on the internet is why people talk shit.

Yggdrasil, mir, CDLevit and 2 others like this.
  4. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Cursing is pure fucking habit and fuck is the ultimate word. It can concisely express every emotion and nuance you might be feeling. It can be used used as a noun, verb, adjective, and adverb. Hell, I've even seen it used a pronoun and a conjunction by people.

moevora and CDLevit like this.
  5. Big Boy

Big Boy Weeabo Slayer

Reading List:
    Link
    I might be a bit biased since my speech is filthy enough to make a sailor blush, but cursing just feels good.
    I don't want to go to jail for assault, so I do the next best thing and cuss them out. I'm not some wannabe intellectual goodie-two-shoes.
    If someone is being a downright ass, then call them an ass. Obviously, using crude language for no reason is distasteful, but at the end of the day words are just words. If someone is going to cut themselves because you called them a twit on the internet, then hey, it's good to know natural selection is still taking place.

TL;DR : because people love to fucking curse. People have been cursing since time immemorial. It's nothing new.

CDLevit likes this.
  6. The Great Me

The Great Me Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think if this ever happened to me, I would die from laughing too hard.

7. feyrin

feyrin Night time tyrant

Reading List:
    Link
    I use them cause I can and I'm lazy. I wont go around calling people out. (cause humans make mistakes.) but its helluva lot easier than using precise language. Also to most people education is just a formality that is tossed to the back of their head the moment they leave school or are enraged. Feels bad man.

8. imacutemotherfucker

imacutemotherfucker Puyo

Reading List:
    Link
    when it comes to xia xia novel. it usually fuck your mother. which is oversted. i dont mind calling names or cursing as it is creatived like your cultivation is weak as " a farmer grow his crop in drought land. for me in real life. i cursed when it comes people of boundaries like your friend, close relatived or anyone you have been for a long time. as long it is in the right context.

CDLevit likes this.
  9. erl

erl Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Most people do enjoy hurting others. I repeat, "most". Insults and calling names came from their sense of superiority. Being at the top make them happy. Venting, is a nice word of saying; they just only want to feel good. Anything that gives them an extra edge like seniority, experience , part of bigger group, anonymity or something, will justify the reasons of their actions.
    Swearing does reduce your stress, but forgot that you are spreading stress to others..
    Largely, it's the sense of superiority that compels others to swear. To reduce stress? That is a lie. Some people can spend their time doing "hobby". Well, the hobby is swearing? Pitiful.

mir and CDLevit like this.
  10. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, but when the subject is serious and the poster well intended and, before that, someone was banned for having ... A "delicate opinion"/being troll, doesn't that make name calling and pointless cursing a form of trolling?

11. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    Look what I found!
    http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2009/03/30/why-do-we-swear/

Yggdrasil and CDLevit like this.
  12. Glint

Glint 『Waifu』

Reading List:
    Link
    I miss grade school. @_@

13. CDLevit

CDLevit Aspiring water; spark of cynicism; Em&es explorer.

Reading List:
    Link

That's verbal violence... I think?
    I can't agree with that.

mir and CloudySkySadMoon like this.
  14. CloudySkySadMoon

CloudySkySadMoon Bald and Beautiful

Reading List:
    Link
    good song but don't understand what you want to say.

15. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Swearing in general lowers stress levels. But I'm against calling names/cussing at people once you're past the age of 20. People have to mature at one point. Below 20 it's fine, there's a lot of aggression in teens for various reasons. One of them might be that they're still stuck with their parents at home, basically little to no privacy. Another is being stuck in school - too many people, lousy food, lousy public toilets...too many things to list. The stress builds up quickly. Not to forget the fragile egos and lower empathy levels at that age. If it's not swearing, it's fighting or bullying. I can't speak for everyone, it's just my own experience.

Though it feels good, it doesn't accomplish anything. Maybe you'll make the other person feel shitty, but the problem between you isn't solved. That's just how it is when you go out in society and bump into various people. It's inevitable that you'll meet assholes, idiots, back-stabbers, ass-kissers, power-tripping superiors... Go ahead and waste your time cussing them all out and see how that helps you. Society sucks, people suck, you gotta learn to be smart and navigate in life. And maybe that's why people let off steam on the Internet, where they can remain (mostly) anonymous.

mir and CDLevit like this.
  16. xalienxgamerx

xalienxgamerx Mmm friend...

Reading List:
    Link
    Shit! fuck...

17. Byb

Byb fucking leftist liberal

Reading List:
    Link
    because They deserve it.

18. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Because what someone has said has exasperated me to the point that if I don't let out my pent up "I can't believe you drank the Kool-Aid!" frustration I'll start frothing at the mouth in real life to people who aren't the ones that pushed me to that point. Usually that's why I blow up and curse or name-call someone ... then I calm down a bit and remember that even treating them like mosquitoes is giving them way too much of my time.

CDLevit likes this.
  19. mir

mir Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I agree, unless they are cursing at another person, because sometimes the other person curses back at them and it becomes a one-up game, which in real life (not internet) can easily lead to violence.

Flyingfrogslash and CDLevit like this.
  20. DarkArts

DarkArts ✫ First Ancestor of the Assassin Sect ✫

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't have a good opinion about them nor do I practice it too much... though it depends on how they are used. If it's meant for insulting someone or demeaning them or whatever, it's usually nasty. If on the other hand it's meant as a joke, then it's fun. As for why we do it, probably to let off steam, most of the time, at other times, people just try to look cool or badass or something and don't realize they actually make themselves look more like idiots.

CDLevit and mir like this.