Novel The Stupendous Saga Of Cornelius Huang - Chapter 2

Discussion in 'Community Fictions' started by YabukiJoe, Nov 15, 2017.

1. YabukiJoe

YabukiJoe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Synopsis: What happens when you get abducted by your time travelling future self and is thrown into a world where aliens live with humans and superpowers are the norm? Well life gets bizarre, real bizarre. Cornelius thinks he's just a another average Joe on the block, but little does he know he is also the only one who can save planet Earth from doom!

Genre: Comedy, Sci Fi, Action, Fantasy

Table of Contents
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    lonelytree likes this.
  2. YabukiJoe

YabukiJoe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 1

The Unidentified Novel Paradox

So came the end of the world…

Trees were withering, buildings were destroyed and I was the only human left...

"Dude, no offence those are some lame generic opening lines to start out our novel."

"What do you mean? It sounds mysterious and gives the readers foreshadowing of how the ending will be like. Okay, how would you start it off hmm Barry?" I replied.

"Cornelius, you have to innovative! How about the world ended, but suddenly it turned out to be a movie within a person's dream who was reading a comic book about the world ending ?

"THAT'S NOT EVEN A OPENING LINE ! IT DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE AT All !" I screamed.

Now you must be wondering what the heck is going on right now? Well if you haven’t figured it out by now we are trying to write a novel. The reason behind it? It’s simple, today is our annual “productive day”. Every year on a day in the fall season we try to learn new things that we haven't really done before. Not really learn, it’s more of the lines of doing the things that comes to mind which seems the most interesting at the time.

Take last year for example. Barry and I tried to build a time machine out of a microwave oven. The results? It was a failure, though i was able to lose half a pound considering we were eating pizza pockets while we were constructing it. Maybe we did travel back in time!

Prior to that year we tried to remove the stink from cow manure. Results were again a failure though by the end of process the manure did smell better however, Barry and I smelled worst chances are the stink of the manure transferred to us. Today marks our 5th annual productive day. We rejoice at the fact that we actually made it to the 5th one, but are shamed that all of our “projects” have not had any significant progress. Because of this Barry and I are determined to go all out and make this year a success no matter what!

With this novel we will soar through the sky! First we have to decide on our opening lines, we haven't planned out the story or anything we thought the ideas would reveal themselves once we got it down, so much for going all out.

In my apartment around the beautiful nature of British Columbia the radiant sun from this morning was has already long been set, Barry and I were laying down on the ground with our brains processors being fried from over thinking about our novel’s opening sequence.

“Cornelius, It’s been 8 hours and we still haven’t been able to think of anything. I know we said we will make it a success no matter what but maybe it's time to call it quits”

I could see where Barry was coming from, i was running low on RAM space as well but i was no way gonna let our time go to waste. I tried to giving him some cheesy motivational speech to rejuvenate his fighting spirit.

“You’d would give up so easily? Only adversity gives birth to success! Look throughout history you think we would have airplanes, cars, and not too mention one of the most important thing of all, TOILET PAPER! If people just caved in despair from the get go? All we need is some inspiration to get us really going ” I argued back.

I pulled out my telescope from under my bed and layed it outside on the deck. Throughout ancient times people would towards the sky for inspiration. “The moon sure is bright tonight” I said. Look Cornelius! There are tons of people at that community center over there!“ Barry said. “It’s the Mid Autumn Festival, It's an Asian celebration in which the moon is the centerpiece of worship. “Why the moon?” Barry said Curiously “Legend has it that a hero named Yi saved his people from the disasters of the ten suns and thus was rewarded with the elixir of immortality. However one day his apprentice found out and plotted to steal it. The apprentice broke into the hero’s home one day when Yi was gone, but his wife instead of giving it to him took it and drank the elixir and slowly descended to the moon. In conclusion the mid autumn festival is in honour of his wife. ” I replied

“Shouldn't you be with your family then Cornelius?”

“My family is on vacation in Hong Kong remember?”

“Oh right”

As i looked into my telescope towards the bright moon, a star that wasn’t too far off looked like it was falling as if it were collapsing on itself. A pocket of space was visible and the center looked like it was a giant washing machine. I couldn’t believe what i was seeing “IT”S A BLACK HOLE ! BARRY COME LOOK!”

“Yeah, I ain't falling for that again. Last time you said that it turned out with me being permanently scarred looking at your butthole” Said Barry”

“It’s true, look it's right over there!” As i check again with the telescope a large obstruction was blocking the lens. “Barry if this is your idea of a joke to get back at me it’s not funny”.

There was no response from Barry. I shifted my vision from the telescope towards my behind where Barry is standing, his worried awkward expression gave away of what was to come.

“Barry, you alright man ? You look like as though you seen a naked grandma”.

I turned back straight, a large figure loomed over me. I slowly rolled my eyes upwards and faced this intruder. The person mouth started to move

“That's a nice telescope you got there, mind if I try it out?”

“Great… first we spend hours trying to think of something for our novel, then a black hole pops out of nowhere and finally for the cherry on top a intruder in my apartment. What's next? I get thrown into a different universe and is told that I have to save the universe from utter destruction?” I thought to myself.

And who was this intruder you may ask ?

It was me.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
  3. YabukiJoe

YabukiJoe Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Chapter 2
    Stupendous

“So can i take a look through your telescope?” asked the intruder once more.

The intruders appearance was identical to mine however he looked a bit older, he also had scars on his face and down both arms. His clothing was the most odd. A unbutton dress shirt, bare chested with shorts and sandals in the cold fall season. I gotta be careful around a guy like that I thought.

“Look buddy, I don’t know who you are, but if you don’t leave now you'll face severe consequences” I said

I quickly grabbed the wooden nunchucks i had laying on my top shelve.

“I’ve seen Return Of The Dragon and I'll let you know i'm pretty lethal with these bad boys! Right Barry? ” I shouted as I swung around the nunchucks pretending like i know what i was doing.

“Barry…”?

“Where did you get these scars from huh? Why do you look exactly like Cornelius ? I bet you’re some awesome ninja if you're able to come out of nowhere. Said Barry

I can’t believe what I was seeing! Barry flirting with the intruder when he should be backing me up, Instead he left me hanging looking like an idiot swinging these nunchucks around.

“BARRY WHAT ARE YOU DOING? HELP ME GET THIS FOOL OUT OF HERE!”

“Sorry, Cornelius is the jealous type” Barry said to the intruder

At this point things did not make any sense anymore so i decided to go along with it.

“You wanted to use my telescope right ? Go ahead, while you’re at it why don't you tell us who you are and why you are here?”

“The portal closed nicely we don’t have to worry about others following us not that they're stupid enough too” Said the Intruder

The intruder introduced himself as future version of myself, a time traveler from the year 2027 ten years into the future. He told us he needed our help and that we were the only ones that could do it. I remain skeptical of this whole ordeal while Barry ate up the whole story.

“NO WAY, A TIME TRAVELLER AND YOU NEED OUR HELP COUNT ME IN!” Barry screamed.

“How can we trust you? If you’re really from the future tell us something that only Barry and I would know” I said

“I told you we should have kidnapped them, but no you wanted to be formal and talk it out”.

A women appeared behind us she was quite tall and beautiful... wait is that one my pudding cups that I was saving for later in her hands? Okay I hate her now.

“Hazel… you can't go around people's houses and steal their pudding it's just wrong”. Said Future Cornelius.

“That's right you tell her how it is! You don't go around going into people's fridges and steal their food supply!”

“It's wrong because you didn't bother to get me one”

Wow, I can't believe I turnout to be this guy in the future….

“Alright back to our previous conversation. Well for starters your full names are Cornelius Huang And Barry Buttons you’re both 19 years old and both go to Kraser Community College.

At this point i'm not yet convinced cause anyone could find that out, however hes got my attention.

“Let's see, something secret that's from both of you hmm…. Cornelius your parents gave you that name in hopes of you becoming a big time piano player and Barry you still sleep with a night light.

Barry and I looked at each other and gave a headnod.

Swiftly we jumped at the intruder Barry grabbed his legs while i put his arms in a master lock position.

“You must be a stalker! No one would have known this, I haven’t even told Cornelius i still sleep with a night light” Barry shouted

“I swear i'm from the future! I know cause Future Barry told me so.”

As the intruder tried to break free from our lock, a metal object fell out of his pockets. A vintage 1934 dollar coin only one was made in existance. “This coin who gave it to you?” “My father, it was his last gift to me before passing away from his battle with Cancer”. That moment was all the validation i needed to know this man was not lying.

“Let him go Barry, we will help you with your crisis only if its quick.

“This would only take one hour max i promise. We better make haste time is wasting I’ll explain the rest once we get to our ship, we parked it just right outside the apartment complex” Future Cornelius said

Barry and I were discussing what would the ship look. UFO was my ideal, Barry thought more of a typical sci fi movie spaceship. Once outside we were heavily disappointed.
    We could not believe our eyes, it was something beyond anything we were capable to think of not even in our wildest dreams.

“Welcome aboard the Stupendous!” said Future Cornelius cheerfully.

The Stupendous was a cardboard box.