LCD Daddy Fantasy World Restaurant

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by Lokumi, Mar 7, 2019.

1. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the system in this novel is super weird

we know that there are other systems, so multiple systems and they allare different but similar

there is also a very strange part+conversation about the training area and system but it was never touched on again after those strange bits

anyway about google translate, it has a weird habit of translating the formal speech of "miss" and several other adjectives that is used to refer to women/girls in chinese to prostitute

so just know that when you read prostitute in mtl and it doesn't fit the context, he's probably saying "miss" or things like "young miss" in a formal way.

another issue is that "slut" is often translated into "monk"

also almost everything that google translate does not recognize due to the sentence having too many names will become "Scorpion"

one example is "my god, or heavens!" = scorpion
    eyes, eyebrow also often become scorpion

Wujigege likes this.
  2. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to spit on MC in ch455. Amy got a stomachache because MC gave her
    ice cream
    before sleeping, all because he couldn't resist her begging. I want to punch him, he really deserved Amy having stomach ache because the system warned him and he didn't listen.
    Sometimes i feel like a JP MC would have been better, him arguing or being a cheapskate to system is a turn off of the series. Heck he even try to remove 1 FUCKING COPPER COIN WHEN HE WIN A BUNCH OF DRAGON COINS EVERYDAY !

Edit:
    Klaus is becoming angry, cursing someone. So cool ! (said in japanese)

Oh lol, kakoi !!! It's said on 3 times the magic tower was destroyed, twice was because Klaus was angry.

Edit:
    Elf guy need to woo elf waitress so disguise as a beautiful elf woman. A customer fall for him/her. Next day, elf guy come as a guy, customer see him and heartbeat is faster.

Edit: Somehow not perfect but
    The not-related-by-blood grandfather of an innocent elf loli dies. With a sad separation.

Edit: MTL : after i ignored the "world of warcraft" word translation, now it's even worse by having someone being called "Harry Potter".

Edit: learned that the cat is cuter then Amy in MTL. Edit: Hm ? Now i think about it, a orange "cat" with wings, doesn't that would make him look like the mascot of Sakura cards ?

Edit:
    A duke cheated when MC opened a stall by making his guards buy one each for him (basically MC had a rule of only 1 skewer per person). So smart. And the problem was solved, give off a really happy feeling.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  3. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    this is because the title of world of warcraft = demonic beasts in chinese (magic and demon are the same word in chinese)

you should install world replacer and just change the chinese word for slut into slut (because it'll become monk)
    world of warcraft into demonic beast or magic beast or whatever u like

i've not seen harry potter yet. as for the cat, isn't it written as a duck? cus they've always wanted to cook it so mc said it was a swan, but amy still wants to cook it for some odd reason

then the character eye/pupil also somehow always become scorpion
    and "my god/heavens" will become scorpion too

there are also some issues with google translate not being able to translate large numbers properly. anything that involves millions might get the thousands and ten thousands (qian and wan) mixed up

three star also will become samsung, because thats what they're called in chinese

double dragons will also become a korean word for some odd reason
    and nine dragons = kowloon which is a famous street name in HK
    then nine realms become kyoto, again because kyoto and nine realms have the same characters/words

if you read urban cn novels, modu/magic capital/demon capital is also written and thats because it's the name of what japan used to call shanghai

then we have peking which is actually beijing. peking is the dialect name iirc? not very sure on this

4. Tsuru55

Tsuru55 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thx for info. >_o

5. tides

tides Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    kinda ironic how the bullies of the world became the batman and robin/batgirl? of the world. saving the world in secret

Edit: oh yea, we still don't know what the cat/duck/swan is LOL
    at the start they thought he was a cat and he meows
    but later he became a duck cus hes from an egg
    then he became a swan cus amy wanted to cook it

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  6. alex8585275

alex8585275 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can any one spoil how mc meet his wife

7. kryner

kryner BYSTANDER BY NATURE

Reading List:
    Link
    So when does Mag get his sword skills back?
    Is there even a spoiler thread for this series/

8. ImNormies

ImNormies Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Did all the people known that mag is mag alex or he already back/heal to peak or his prime

9. Renzy

Renzy 『⚓』『JackOfAllTrades』『7years』

Reading List:
    Link
    I dont know why but i prefer the other title.. "A stay-at-home dad's restaurant in an alternate world".

@Tony why is the title different from the original? Can you change it back?

The title now makes the other readers avoid it.. its too childish.. been reading it for two years now.. it a very good novel.. even tho it is a cooking novel with a system, the system makes him go back to his peak power slowly as a cultivator. The original owner of the body is dead but the 2nd Mag who possess it has the memories of the previous Mag. With a cute daughter and a powerful wife (ex elven queen) and powerful women (employees) more like a harem, the story progress as they cook for various races and saving the world from those devils.

If you give time to read it after 1000 chapters you will like it.. Its a slice of life but the chapters are long.. you get to know those different kinds of delicacies. less fighting more cooking.

I'm at the latest chapters now.. at chapter 1700+

animefan217 likes this.
  10. animefan217

animefan217 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I also wish webnovel could pick more foodie novels if there good or at least decent, they did pick another one plus a wine based one but would love more since GOAW finished translating

11. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    I think this is one of the best cooking novel I have read.. my top 1 for sure.. next would be "Cooking with Wild Game", "Gourmet Food Supplier" followed by "Gourmet of Another World".. "God of Cooking" is good but not my type.

12. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    was never able to get into GFS for whatever reason felt like a less fantasy inferior version of GOAW saw at least 2 foodie novels that never made it past pilot read

13. Renzy

Reading List:
    Link
    GFS is modern day.. GOAW more like cultivation.. i didnt bother to read them amymore.. its not like at the beginning where you like to read more.

14. animefan217

Reading List:
    Link
    I know

15. chencking

chencking [Daolord Grammar Nazi]

Reading List:
    Link
    I'm reading ch 796 right now and it is so painfully obvious that the author does not know math.

The whole premise of the conflict about base 10 vs base 16 is silly because it's just a matter of how many digit symbols you have. The real innovation is the multiplication table. But this competition is new levels of stupidity.

The author has them calculating 16 * 56. In base 10, we can rather quickly break it down to 800 + 96 = 896 and solve this in some 3 steps. But in base 16 this is 10 * 38. It is literally just adding a zero to get 380. That's a 0 step computation. It's so, so painfully obvious the author did not try to work it out themselves.