Request Daily Laughs~

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by FlowingSong, Dec 3, 2015.

1. sal880612m

sal880612m As I thought, love was a status effect! ~ICDS

Reading List:
    Link
    Never really understood all the hate for Superman, or the love for Batman. I like them both, but objectively Batman is both a bigger Gary Stu (Pretty much no one wants to be Superman even if they would want his powers, they don't actually want to be him) and just all around more of a dick. I mean you can say that Superman solves all his problems with his powers, and there is no real issue he can come across, but that isn't really a point. That holds true for Batman too, or Green Lantern, or Spider-man. About the only thing that I would say makes sense or holds any water in that regard is that Superman doesn't have any really amazing foils. He has Lex and Zod and he can have some really good stories with them, but where he really shines isn't the big fights or the grand mysteries but the human dramas, and when he's facing difficult decisions that all his powers mean nothing for, it's in those sorts of stories where Superman's character really lives and thrives. Batman on the other hand is all about the fights, toys and mysteries. Superman is the much harder character to do right.

Anon2.0 and Miserys_End like this.
  2. IRandomGuy

IRandomGuy ohhh, custom title...

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, given the frowning 'basic econ' guy image, I think your are really overthinking/miss the point of this. Pretend this is not gold, but just paper money, everyone have some. Some have more, some have less. Armor truck full of $ crashed and now everyone have money. So they want to buy stuff, expensive stuff. Supply and demand does its magic, and now the cost of stuff rise even higher as the value of the currency decrease with increased of the quantity of said currency. Once the value of currency fall past a certain point, people start using the $ as box padding, as toilet paper, as it is basically worth less to use them that way then buying the actual thing.

Tldr: huge inflation of currency will devalue it. Aka, that gold is now worthless

Anon2.0 and Kalto like this.
  3. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    From my flawed perspective, it's because batman is rich, famous, knows how to fight, and is a lot of ways, the ultimate emo edgelord.
    Superman on the other hand does his honest best to do good despite the evil and corruption around him. He is damn near all powerful, but doesnt use it to his advantage. And to top it all off, is damn near broke.

So who would you rather be, rich, powerful and woo many women in bed and blow their minds, or a loyal guy that is constantly friendzoned and if he did manage to take a gal to bed, if he didnt split her in half would likely literally blow their mind all over the bed...

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  4. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
  5. Bakaturq

Bakaturq src: tony and chicken little

Reading List:
    Link
    Wolverine

reagents 11 and Kalto like this.
  6. Evil_Ginger

Evil_Ginger 『Chaotic Neutral』『Cheese Master』

Reading List:
    Link
    The argument of Batman v Superman is pretty simple. It is about relatability. We relate more to batman than superman. We aren't some alien super God. We all have those dark moments where we brood over things from long ago. It is hard to be like superman and be good or at least try to be good.
    Reminds me of Hancock that Will Smith movie.

Good movie. Relatable hero. Cucks his friend...or was he cucked? Hard to say. Not the main part of the movie. Oh wait, it kind of is, lol

Kalto likes this.
  7. Bakaturq

Bakaturq src: tony and chicken little

Reading List:
    Link
    Simple.
    Superman wears red lucky underwear.
    Batman wears black lace underwear.

reagents 11 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  8. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
  9. TiggerBane

TiggerBane Always asleep yep yep yep| Canidae lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Look at the image I quoted when I said that it's pretty clear why I'm saying Superman is a dick. Superman does stuff like that pretty regularly, so if he isn't a dick then what exactly is he? Batman on the other hand doesn't try to be a big blue boy scout, it's not how he's portrayed at all, if batman's a dick no one bats an eye because it's expected of batman.
    Superman: Big blue boy scout (What they try to show) -> Douchebag who does unnecessary stuff(What he comes off as)
    Batman: Untrusting, uncompromising and damaged goods (What they try to show) and that ends up how Batman comes off as he's got his morals and his beliefs and he sticks to them plus he doesn't trust anyone hence his plans to stop every member of the Justice League.

10. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    A relatable demon king

Screenshot_20190712-071215_Manga Rock.jpg

11. Kalto

Kalto [ Somewhat meticulous ]

Reading List:
    Link
  12. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... you're seriously warped if you think cutting a cable anywhere near compares to some of the messed up shit batman has pulled. regardless of whether it's intended or not Batman is always a dick. To everybody. Sure cutting the cable may have been a bit dick-ish, but on the other hand he did it so someone who was thinking about killing themselves would be more comfortable. Batman just does shit because he feel like it's his right to. And if you actually look at the context of the story, doing what he did was basically necessary for him not to compromise his morals and beliefs (He said he be there if she decided she wanted to talk, and that wouldn't exactly be true if he left to get them to turn the light off, the story even made a point of making reference to the fact he is supposed to keep to his word). Yet you condemn one and applaud the other.

13. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Please make a separate thread for this if you want. I ain't laughing at your posts, though they are ridiculous as can be.

Anon2.0 likes this.
  14. Kalto

Kalto [ Somewhat meticulous ]

Reading List:
    Link
    Some memes are a bit sinister
    [​IMG]

AliceShiki, Anon2.0 and Evil_Ginger like this.
  15. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
    Pretty funny for me XD no one bats an eye if batmans a dick XD

16. sal880612m

Reading List:
    Link
    ... I can't help but appreciate who ended up under the mantle during Bruce Wayne's death arc ....

17. Evil_Ginger

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's because I'm not very invested in the DC universe except for Teen Titans and Static Shock.

18. TiggerBane

Reading List:
    Link
  19. Miserys_End

Miserys_End 「Lv1 Pretend Person」I'm the preson i pretend to be

Reading List:
    Link
    Yet they are in a room with hardwood flooring....
    Why does this come off more like a hentai rape scene...
    Almost guaranteed to have been the best orgasm of her life.

Kalto and Evil_Ginger like this.
  20. Viator

Viator [Cult of Pyoo: Pyoo's Oak Tree]

Reading List:
    Link
    For that last one, I do wonder what she was thinking about... I mean what kind of fantasy draws lightning from the heavens? :sweating_profusely:

Kalto likes this.