Chinese (Dark Danmei) Encroaching / Silkworm Feed

Discussion in 'Novel Pickup Request' started by Hilyantomi, Aug 15, 2019.

?

Do you want danmei with no romantic love to be translated?

1. Nah, why is this kind even exist?

36.4%
  2. Nah, there has to be a romantic love.

45.5%
  3. Yes, but I prefer that at least the (main) characters have feelings for the other.

9.1%
  4. Yes, because this love is special comparing to the usual romance.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I'm neutral.

9.1%
  6. I'm not interested .

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hilyantomi

Hilyantomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Name: "Silkworm Feed" (蚕食), based on its history the term refers to an "Encroaching"

Raw Link:
    Search the original title on ck101. I didn't know that I need to post at least 5 posts to be able to add links and images QAQ...and the raw is locked on jjwxc by the way.

NU Link:
    /

Why It Should Get Picked Up:

For those who are manga readers, the beginning of this novel may be similar to the one of "Tourou no Ori", which is also another dark psychological manga, but the twist will mark the big different between those two and make the novel the better one.
    I don't want to spoil the novel haha
    Every single character in this story is humanly insane (except for non-existent side characters), and what our MC has to suffer later is simply a respond from the karma. The narration might bother some of the readers, but in overall, I'd say that this is one of the rare dark and traumatised stories that still keeps its messages of morality despite of its genre, a light satire. I saw very few of translated dark danmei here, so I hope this one could be taken for that.
    Warning The project seriously has mild gore elements, the atmosphere of the novel will always be dark, somehow fairy-like (pretty similar to 颓's style in her novel " Father ", author of " The Reader and Protagonist Definitely Have to Be in True Love ") and irritated for those who don't read tragedies. Please considering to take this project with all of your heart because firstly, it needs lots of courage to keep on translating this :') and secondly this is a BE, and a HE.

Description (translated by me haha):

That is the dreariest and darkest room in the mansion, father's room.
    Mother warned him: Do not absolutely go inside.
    He asked: " Why? "
    Mother frowned and answered: " Because in the inside it's a red spider! Once it saw you, it will gnaw you bit by bit! "

soie_yoie likes this.
  2. soie_yoie

soie_yoie Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ohh interesting. Id the spider ml?

3. Hilyantomi

Hilyantomi Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes and no at the same time :D

soie_yoie likes this.