Dark Souls Xbox...hard to play?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by userunfriendly, Nov 14, 2020.

1. userunfriendly

userunfriendly A Wild Userunfriendly Appears!

Reading List:
    Link
    I’m thinking of getting DS Remastered for Xbox. Hard to play? Worth it? Good game? o_O

SquadCammander354 likes this.
  2. LWolf

LWolf Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In order No, Yes, Yes... it's easy to play in and on itself, its difficulty lies on the enemies (particularly when you fight either non-humanoid enemies, multiple enemies at once and the bosses) and some places with pits... its difficult when you lose your cool, but it gets easier once you figure out the best way to deal with enemies and when you get to higher levels/stats... its really good (mind you I only played the original on PC)

3. aegis062

aegis062 Chaotic Demon Emperor

Reading List:
    Link
    I have it for pc all 3 of them. for new players it's an unforgiving game. there is no guide or pointer telling you where to go you just go and explore. if you die you lose everything and the only way to get it back is if you go where you died and pick it up, but if you die again or haven't been back again for a certain amount of time your items will disappear. it's not for the those not willing to get frustrated, but overall it is a game that challenges it's players. and you better lvl up well before going to new areas or you will be facing death many times.

Geor, Lurking and userunfriendly like this.
  4. Lazriser

Lazriser Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    All Souls games are grind games. You just need git gud. Seriously though, dying on your first run isn't shameful. Dying multiple times is a guarantee in all Souls games. You just need to familiarize yourself with the controls and memorize the layout of the entire game. By the very least, remember the traps and enemy spawn areas to avoid ambushes or sudden death.

userunfriendly likes this.
  5. pass1478

pass1478 I'm in Despair!

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a trial and error type of game. With how punishing it is towards mistakes, you'll need to avoid messing up, and that is only achievable through memorizing and getting used to patterns, mechanics, environment, etc. It can be very frustrating, but accomplishing anything in this game is very rewarding.

I'd say it's worth it and a great game.

6. Psosm

Psosm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    No it's not
    Then why do people say it's hard?
    Because the tutorial suck it teaches you almost nothing, so for beginner it's really hard but after you understand the game mechanic it isnt hard at all.
    I recommend you to read some tips about the mechanics, because without that the game is frustrating.

[​IMG]
    The game is worth it though.

Actually this explain the souls series's difficulty, watch it and you'll understand what i meant.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  7. slightofhand

slightofhand Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If you play games to relax and have fun, Dark Souls is not for you.

Lurking and userunfriendly like this.
  8. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    I recommend and don't recommend it. After playing the soulsborne/sekiro games over and over again over the years, it has been a blessing and a curse.

I love the games to bits and I won't hesitate to say that the combat is the best combat system ever devised (especially sekiro). But it makes the other rpg games that I play feel too simple. I just don't enjoy them as much anymore.

So if you love action rpgs that have good combat, give it a try!

9. Heartless

Heartless May your heart be your guiding key

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a really fun game, but be prepared to be repeatedly frustrated. You will most likely get killed over and over again to normal mobs until you learn their patterns. If you do decide to go the long range fighter route, then be prepared to be able to fight in close combat too. The only way to go "full long range" is in ds2 and that's by aquiring a certain crown very late-game. The first skill you need to master is the dodge roll (or the panic roll, since you are a newbie).

10. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Doesn’t sound like it’s for me. Back to creating the Ultimate Courier. I love the Goodsprings glitch, but hate the hours of button mashing. I haven’t even left Goodsprings YET! But I have created a monster of a Courier...Unbelievably powerful. :D:D:D Insane damage boosting, full chem suite, MAX at guns, energy, melee, unarmed and explosives. :eek::eek::eek::eek: Almost full crafting, max skills, high speed and no defense.:ROFLMAO:

11. SwordDrake

SwordDrake Slice of Life Lover

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah. You like that type of rpgs. Have you played Outer Worlds? It's not new vegas but its made by the same studio, so it has the same vibes.

12. Kiss

Kiss {Cutie of the Chaos Family}

Reading List:
    Link
    Check the post profil on @SquadCammander354 here is a post about it~
    *And ask me for any question 100% trophy here :blobpeek:*

13. LostedSoul

LostedSoul Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Don't lit any campfire it's more fun that way:blob_thor:

14. Liola

Liola Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats too bad really. Hope you try to buy it at least as it's a classic.

15. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Currently 12 bucks. I’ll wait until it drops below 10. I’m going to buy Fallout 4 when it drops to 10 as well. :p

Funny how both DS and Fallout NV has campfires....:p

I’m using the skilled glitch with educated and intelligence 10. I plan to max out survival. With max survival, I can regenerate dozens of hit points a second, effectively making my character immortal. I need to do this, as my Courier has perks that make her hit much, much harder with injuries and crippled limbs. With left hand and body crippled, and half health, she can use the silenced 12.7 pistol for about the same damage as the Anti Material rifle, without my perk selection. :eek::eek::eek:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  16. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    Ive seen some vids of it. Still pricey, though. Ive never needed the latest games. I prefer to be an informed shopper, and buy bargains complete with all dlcs included. :D:D:D

17. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that's why I love the "game of the year editions" or like I just rebought Elder scrolls 3 and 4 for like under 5 bucks each on Steam awhile back and they both had everything, even stuff not included in the "game of the year" stuff, plus they had been updated to run on newer machines (Morrowind was like a speed demon on my last computer compared to the Steam version. IE: first fight with a rat, original it took 5 hits from said rat for it to register one hit from me; Steam on par hit for hit) basically I was insta-killed trying to play those older games on a modern computer where back in the day ... and now again thanks to seeing it on sell when I was goofing off

18. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Sorry. But a rat.:D

19. Geor

Geor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know right! LMAO, but one thing about places like Steam trying to keep those old games up to date is letting them be playable on newer equipment

20. userunfriendly

Reading List:
    Link
    (y)