Darwin's Theory

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Keon, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If we have the technology to terraform a planet then we have the technology to restore earth.
    damn Argonians.

Tenor likes this.
  2. Crownking

Crownking King of quark star

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we can evolve any further on Earth because as every other animal tend to adjust to their surrounding we adjust our surrounding to our needs.

3. Fordask

Fordask I feel like having a Bacon Pizza

Reading List:
    Link
    The more dependent we become on external sources to preform our functions the less we require advancements to our biological systems to preform these functions better. As many people have pointed out this decrease in selection pressure may lead to a slower rate of biological evolution. This isnt entirely bad though it mainly means there isnt a major requirement for biological evolution and cultural evolution has basically taken over our evolutionary needs.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    Arcturus likes this.
  4. Frolamiz

Frolamiz Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Extinction? =)

5. Shio

Shio Moderator Staff Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Lower physical abilities in general (athlete excluded), larger brain capacity.

6. Asura66609

Asura66609 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Honestly scientists should have 50 babies with a couple adults and put them in a forest and all kind of terrain full of dangerous animals for hunreds of year and document how humans evolve in a dangerous environment and maybe when population is down they make babies with big animal until they get a hybrid then there finally be demi human race but it will never happen in my life time

7. Tenor

Tenor Hard Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With kemonomimi huehuehue

8. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    If darwin's theory is right, then why there are cows, goats, tiger, and other animals? Why they didn't evolve into a more perfect being close to human?

9. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    I think we dont evolve anymore, mostly because there is no natural selection, dumb peaple live and reproduce with strong, intelligent people making average people, we will always be average...

10. Night

Night Immoral member

Reading List:
    Link
    I never believe in darwin's theory but when i see you all guys, it open my mind. And yes now i believe it.

11. Hatty

Hatty Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Were still evolving, but at a slowed down pace compared to other animals until we can unlock the rest of are brain

12. Fordask

Fordask I feel like having a Bacon Pizza

Reading List:
    Link
    Thats not quite how evolution works. Lets look at a more simplistic example. Have you ever used a deck optimizer? It incrementally changes a deck and calculates whether the odds of it wining versus a set of decks increases or decreases. If the odds increase it runs the same function on the new deck**. Depending on which deck you start with you end up with different decks each with different odds and playstyles. This is because its not trying all combinations and selecting the deck with the highest odds. It can only improve the deck as long as a single card change can improve the odds. This is why the decks dont converge towards a single (Supreme/optimal) deck when an optimizer is run but rather branch out depending on which deck is used as the starter and end up as decks that differ quite greatly in form and function.

And being perfect is fairly subjective. Especially from a evolutionary standpoint. The goal isn't to be smarter or stronger or to be more humanlike or even to have the largest population(If thats the case we would've stopped evolving as bacteria). The goal is the continuation of your species. As long as your species (No mater how, smart, physically fit, or numerous) can continue passing on its genes without going extinct then your species is successful from an evolutionary perspective. Evolution optimizes for ability to survive in your current environment till reproduction not how human like you are.

**If you kept running the function to find all single card changes that produced positive change in the odds and then ran all of those new decks into this same optimization function (Instead of only using the first deck with a positive change) you would see branching much like normal evolution. However a normal deck optimizer generally acts in a single chain to reduce computation time. Of course its also worth mentioning none of the decks are competing for resources or killing each other off and the environment is static instead of dynamic so its not entirely the same but this is just an analogy to better understand why optimizers (Natural selection is a type of optimizer) dont converge on a single type.

Shio likes this.
  13. tamsok

tamsok Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    In my opinion, evolution happens as a necessity or for adaptability.. So unless something major happens to our planet, further advancement to technology or if ever we migrate to other planet there won't be any evident change.

14. Simon

Simon [The Pure One's Chief Steward][Demon Beast]

Reading List:
    Link
    Human evolution will slow down, as we no longer need to adapt to our environment as we can shape and mode it to a certain extant, medicine has gotten rid of the need for genetic traits that are good for fighting illness or how well a person recovers from injures.
    The only evolution humanity will see in the next few millennia will be the genetic engineering to make humans adapt to the new environments of new worlds and prolonged space travel.

Arcturus likes this.
  15. Shance

Shance 『Trying to evade the wall in the front』『Failing』

Reading List:
    Link
    GEnetic engineer will probably branch out to make people have less chances for cancer, and other deseases, make us stronger, and stuff like that, I would buy it... for my kid, changing an adults genetic dna or whatever is probably imposible...

16. justmehere

justmehere Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think we need to be concerned about how we might look in the future,

We just need to figure out how to evolve our own soul.

17. erichninja

erichninja Don’t think about it

Reading List:
    Link
    After looking at the people who are younger than me in school and at my age
    I fear that we will go into extinction

18. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Utawarerumono
    rich people you mean. The poor would either die out and would be replace by robots or branches out in terms of evolution or there would be a world war much like those in ficton between altered and unaltered humans.

19. Kurotsubaki

Kurotsubaki Reincarnation of the Seven Deadly Sins

Reading List:
    Link
    Isn't living organism origin is same? A single cell that 'coincidentally' appear? And the earth at that time doesn't have any different terrain and climate like now. So why it didn't turn every living things into plant that can create it's own food?

20. Neiri

Neiri Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there is a different climate and composition of air. The level of oxygen determine the size of insects. Global temperature is also different.