Recommendations DC?Marvel?Anime?Manga?Novels?Assassin?Stalker? Warrior? Fanfic? Huh...

Discussion in 'I'm Looking For...' started by SenuTheUnlucky, Apr 4, 2019.

?

DC/Marvel?

1. Marvel

2. DC

3. Manga

4. Anime

5. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SenuTheUnlucky

SenuTheUnlucky Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah you are right with the loner shit, while a little bit of mc growing up alone is good. But after awhile it get boring, we are reading this to see the interactions with the cannon characters too.

Jojo775 likes this.
  2. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah I guess, but I would be pissed if a avid fan just do lower his guard down. Without counting if he just wake up and find Superman in front of him then yes, you won't be in the right state of mind to think so far ahead.

3. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Side note: that ascending book doesn't do even the erotic scenes, just mention it.

4. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    It is the curse of SI's, I don't why the authors simply don't make a transmigrator that's not a representation on them. But no... they have to make their own power fantasy + wet dream, how they'd come to the fictional universe and overshadow everyone, get multiple supergirls because supergirls are apparently drones that get attracted only to the one strongest hero regardless of his sewage charisma and that they'd have to share, they have no story with him and don't know each other really.

SenuTheUnlucky likes this.
  5. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    It may have erotic scenes in the future but so far nothing:blobconfused:

6. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Ikr! Tbh it's just a cluster fuck of short erotic scenes (not even good for fap material, smh) and some power up, random drama with other heroes, and killing villains left and right... Not even a good battle scene.

Jojo775 likes this.
  7. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Still that's bad writting, that whole Zod list of actions and D-cup breasts summary of a woman to top it of. I just know a trash fic/web novel when I see one, after all I've been reading them for years so I can tell if it's a gem worth reading from a glance. Btw you can use edit to combine your posts, mods don't like it otherwise.

8. Boneville

Boneville Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
  9. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    I found out that the erotic are in the archive of our own, the one in fanfic is softer.

10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Ok but how's the story? Is it like written by a teen? Assimilation is awesome, I'm binging it.

11. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    If you read the one in fan fiction then maybe you will enjoy it, as there a exercise amount of lemons in archive of our own. I personally think it's passable, if not for a couple of stupid things the mc do.
    I fear that the author is going to make the entire world stupid mf, but so far it's actually acknowledging the existence of smart/intelligent people.
    Proceed with caution, I'm only at chapter 4 so I idk if author is going to drop a bullshit us.
    Assimilation? Did I miss it or something? I can't find it in the thread.
    [I'm rewriting this cuz it randomly deleted everything... ]
    I would be interested in reading a cultivator in marvel/DC.
    But instead of the modern era he would reborn/reincarnate in the past, like 500-1000 years ago. (Before iron man/Avengers)
    He would be a normal mortal with a cultivation technique and would work his way to becoming more powerful. No mortal→god power up in 1 year(sometimes even less).
    It would make him much more mature, he would have the time of his world to think and make strategies for the future, he would make connections and/or a reputation for himself with ancient characters/organizations.
    Plus, with the qi author can give the excuse of having a Eidetic memory and remembering all of the details of movies and such.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  12. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2019
  13. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Assimilation was recommended in the same post as Ascension. I'm tired of every MC having eidetic memory with more and more asinine reasoning. I'm super happy with an MC that doesn't know it all as if he doctorated in the fiction he found himself in, coupled ofcourse with ....
    wait for it.... eidetic memory. As for cultivators in Marvel or DC, also a good idea but I think among the few existing fics of such crossover, all are crap since probably all are written by Chinese chunnis. There are dragon ball crossovers, but that's not cultivation even though they use qi, also all dragon ball(and Bleach) fics are average at best, if not plain bad.

14. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Man if you didn't read SHINOBI, then don't.
    The ass pulling bullshit in the second arc it's just obscene. If you want to read it read the first arc and forget about it.

15. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I read it long ago, sorry forgot to tell you that it's okay for a while but utter crap in the end. The last chapters I read(and the latest there were) were about an underground maze with obstacles like in a game, plot completely lost itself there.

16. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    mc got "immortality",he told Naruto about kyuubi told hokage secret, so he was branded as "Betrayer". He knocked out all of the ambu and the hokage, somehow ino got him with the shadow technique even though he has a sell made to counter it. Mc escapes from the technique he goes to his hideout and gave himself immortality.
    Now let's return to ino, somehow she got some memories from him(how idk, when did that clan has that power? Idk. I don't think it cannon.) In the max 3 seconds she blocked him. The memories she got is of him dying in his car before be was reborn, she got his emotions and know he felt pain and 4 knows it's not a dream(how she got his emotions and physical pain? Idk)
    How she got them? How she got the emotions? How is she secure that it not just a memory of a nightmare? In all of his lifespan, she got that specific memory? All in 3 seconds? Wtf.
    Back to mc now... long story short he is all powerful and suddenly, a gigantic monster appears pokemon style. He attacks him with his now infinite chakra, but guess what? The monster dies return to life and he get a resistance against the type of jutsu he has attacked with.
    Monster attack mc, mc somehow lose his infinite chakra. After awhile mc get his chakra back, and at that point I just stopped reading.
    Why would you give him that power if you gonna jut randomly create a monster that can't be killed?
    Tbh I just give you the biggest bullshit, but a lot of smaller one are all around the story... And that was just two chapters man, TWO!

17. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Welp my fellow man of culture, I'm now going to read some Familiar of Zero fics. That story has great potential for fics and especially for crossovers. I suggest you stick to my fanfiction.net profile list to be safe from unworthy fics, there's months of reading material there.

18. HavekZero

HavekZero A well meaning, contributing member of this forum

Reading List:
    Link
    lol.

you sad illiterate swine.

allow me to open your uncultured eyes to a whole other world of possibilities.

legacy undone - dope ass naruto time travel fic.
    the optimised wish project - hpmor version of dragon ball.
    any means neccessary - fate/night & worm crossover done well.
    A crew for a king - one piece fic where the crew gets bigger.
    a secret rune - for all you wbwl fans who enjoy dumbeldore bashing done tastefully.
    valkyrie potter pokemon journey - a hp/pokemon fanfic thats full of fluff and love.
    apparently videogames really are bad for you - sao with fem kirito and i gotta say man. im digging it.
    harry potter and nightmares of the future past - this is like one of the first time travel fanfics i read and authors back from the dead quite literally.
    catalyst - got self insert into aegon that i can get behind.
    second wind - one piece time travel thats worth every moment spent on it.
    to stand alone - naruto si you should read just because of how mc fucks with everyones mind.
    dreamer -percy jackson self insert thats done well.
    fade to black - naruto si thats passable.
    to repel and attract - My Hero academia fic that i rather like.
    i just want to travel the world - this si of pokemon will do for you what ash ketchum failed to do through 7 fuckinf seasons.
    the savvy spiderman - because a spiderman on weed is relatable.

Well. I'll allow you children to gorge yourselves on these fics for now.

Jojo775 and SenuTheUnlucky like this.
  19. SenuTheUnlucky

Reading List:
    Link
    Ah! Thank you! But I must say, I'm currently reading everybody loves large chests so they must wait!
    May the way of culture bless you.

HavekZero likes this.
  20. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I see you've been working out on you fics Havek! That's a nice list to check out, though HPMOR is overrated. I'm currently binging The Hill of Swords - Fate Stay Night x Zero no Tsukaima. To be honest they talk a lot but it's interesting, still has action and somewhow a mix of light hearted humor and dark seriosity.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    HavekZero and SenuTheUnlucky like this.