TV DC/SW/Marvel/Transformers cartoons

Discussion in 'TV/Movies Discussion' started by Jojo775, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Jojo775

Jojo775 Honorary Algae Knight

Reading List:
    Link
    I wonder if there are any worth watching that aren't childish? Compare them to the movie-verse please.

2. oblueknighto

oblueknighto Blue Person

Reading List:
    Link
    The DC animated movies are really good. It's already got 35 movies in the lineup.

3. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    Mate can you be more specific, I mean the shows are for specific age range, perhaps, can you say what do you mean by childish? what cartoons did you watch so far?

4. Kingloli229

Kingloli229 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Star wars the clone wars from 2008 is basically what you want from an animated star wars show. Almost every DC animated from 2007 to now since they take great stories and make a better movie than the live actions ones.

Zoeyyy likes this.
  5. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    I mean cartoons made for adults obviously. I didn't watch any. Just a few random episodes as a kid.

6. Deleted member 155674

Deleted member 155674 Guest

Reading List:
    Link
    I will recommend:
    • Batman Beyond
    • Ultimate spiderman
    • The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
    • Son of Batman (movie)
    • Batman: Bad Blood (movie)
    • Batman: Assault on Arkham (movie)
    • Justice League: War (movie)
    • Justice League Dark (movie)
    If you think they are not good enough, you can watch 'Young Justice' (I don't like it that much but hey to each their opinion, give it a try if you want)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2019
    imK, zduino and Jojo775 like this.
  7. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    The fact that you are asking this instead of just checking some of them out is pretty childish. That being said, Gotham By Gaslight, naked fun time with Selina Kyle.

8. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    You have a weird notion of childish. I don't wanna waste time watching something targeted only at children or teens so I'm asking.

9. Yamcha

Yamcha Friendnemy

Reading List:
    Link
    The most notable mature movies (that actually do not suck) in DC, in my opinion:
    Constantine: City of Demons (2018), Batman and Harley Quinn (2017), Justice League: Gods and Monsters (2015), Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox (2013).

From Marvel, Guardians of the Galaxy (TV series) is pretty close to the movies.

imK and Jojo775 like this.
  10. Jojo775

Reading List:
    Link
    Just tried watching The Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes.
    Gave up after 5min. That voice actor of Iron Man should just die, but even if IM had a better voice he is still lame. Not at all cool like in the movies.

11. LordCorwin

LordCorwin Supreme Book Lord; Leader of the Fiction Faction

Reading List:
    Link
    I can understand that and I do something similar when it comes to new games, but at the end of the day, I realize it's largely subjective. Just because Person A says this is targeted towards kids or teens doesn't mean I won't enjoy it, the same as if Person B tells you this is an amazingly cool show with all the right amounts of gratuitous nudity and violence plus a storyline that's targeted towards adults but you may hate it. Sometimes your best bet is just to give things a shot, 20 minutes in isn't too late to find something else to do.

12. Zoeyyy

Zoeyyy Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I will definitely recommend Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008). One of the best cartoons besides Avatar and Teen Titans that I've seen so far. I admit it's a bit childish in the first season but it gets very dark and mature in the later seasons. (Seasons 4 and 5 are particulary notable) Animation and plot is very impressive and completely beyond what one would normally expect from a 'kids' show. It also features Ahsoka Tano, also known as the character with one of the best development I've ever seen since Zuko's arc in ATLA. Season 7 is coming out this February 21 in fact and it's going to cover some of the darkest events in the Star Wars universe and movies.

(Also, if you're done watching TCW, then you should watch Star Wars: Rebels next, which is the sequel and also really good!)

Another I would recommend is Transformers: Animated and Transformers: Prime. Animated is the same as Clone Wars where it's a bit childish in the first season but gets very dark. It also features perhaps one of the only series in the Transformers universe where they give every character a chance to develop and not just be 'tough and badass robots' almost immediately after introduction. Both the Autobots and Decepticons are given so much screentime and development, not just humans all the time.

Prime is darker than Animated right from the very first episode (looking at you Cliffjumper), and it features very engaging plot, characters, and the animation is just AMAZING. (Also, that cool opening theme is still stuck in my head). The humans also aren't really annoying and are actually useful to the war effort.

13. zduino

zduino Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Have you seen the reboot of Thunderbirds are Go? The new animation is amazing since it is a composited shots of CG and model scale sets. For instance, look at the water when one of ships hovers over it: the ripples are real, but the ship composited on top. Crazy attention to detail to make those shots look good.