Dead in Vinland just released their first DLC

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Zalpha, Sep 19, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think some of you may have never heard of this game so thought I would share this little gem with you guys.

It is a single player adventure survival RPG with resource management and turn based combat. You play a family of 4 Nords who end up on a mysterious island and have to survive by exploring the island for resources and battle tribal foes. You met other characters who are also stranded that can join your party of survives if you have room in your home (base) for them.

Anyway it is challenging and fun to play. The new DLC adds a cute dog that joins the camp.

Darkanlan likes this.
  2. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    I thought that game is still on development?

3. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It has been released for awhile now and they had planned out three DLC's for the game after sale, this is the first of three planned. What is great about the DLC's is that they came with expansion patches for the base game, based on feedback from their forums and player base. So even if you don't buy or want the DLC (they are really cheap DLC) you a ton of quality of life improvements for free with every DLC launch they do for the base game. They still do bug fixed and QoL improvements in between working on the next DLC as well. I think it is a really good business model, other companies would release the quality of life improvements as part of the DLC and not as a free patch to the game. DLC is just a little optional content into the game.

4. chillo

chillo NUF BioTerrorist

Reading List:
    Link
    well time to wait for it to be a free game on some random promotions like how I get dead in Bermuda I guess

5. Zalpha

Zalpha Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I got Terraria like that.