Discussion Dead Raven's Gaze (Zombie Apocalypse BL webtoon R19)

Discussion in 'Manga Discussion' started by ludagad, Oct 19, 2020.

1. ludagad

ludagad Addicted to escapist novels

Reading List:
    Link
    Sooo, I recently stumbled upon this webtoon. No English translation yet. Has English translation to chapter 6 under a different title (as usual, I'm late to the party lmao). I was just majorly surprised because it was a hardcore zombie apocalypse action setting with BL! Kinda rare. You usually get college angst or office romance angst or vampires or whatever. Zombie apocalypse is practically my strike zone and I'd read nearly anything in that category, so yea, I was over the moon.

Here's some more info:

Title in Korean so you can search it up: 죽은 까마귀의 시선 by N.BOB

Website hosting the webtoon (legitimate, but it's R19, so you need authentification which is kinda difficult if you're not Korean): https://www.peanutoon.com/ko/comic/detail/2073

English website so you can look at the title picture and tags: https://www.anime-planet.com/manga/dead-ravens-gaze

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, it's a threesome. It was one surprise after another with this webtoon. All in my strike zone. I'll probably have to live for another 10 years before I hit another treasure like this.

As you can see, the art is gritty, not really the pretty BL style I'm used to, but I'm definitely not complaining. It suits the setting. Also, the two ML's are pervy assholes and a bit wrong in the head, but again, considering the setting, it makes sense that they're brutal. The MC starts out as a kind wimp, but he develops. The webtoon has a decent amount of smut, but it's also action, zombie smashing, and running around. It was a bit too short and there was nothing about building shelters and trying to rebuild civilization. Pretty grim if you ask me. But also, while I can read Korean, it's not like I can understand it without a dictionary and I was too lazy to read the bubbles and just looked at the pretty pictures... So there's a huge chance I've missed major plot points. It looked to me that the MC is immune to the zombie virus, so maybe that is a hopeful note? The way the webtoon ended was open, with the leads continuing their adventures another day.

Just wanted to share my happy findings with other BL fans. Maybe there's someone with the same taste as me who'd appreciate this :blobamused:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
  2. hopefulmundaneworld

hopefulmundaneworld Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I know it, but do not encourage me to read it. I'll try to see how it is.

3. Lost Happiness

Lost Happiness /╲/\╭ ✖ Д ✖ ╮/\╱\

Reading List:
    Link
    Can I ask which title that has 6 chapters? I've only read up to 3 chapters. So excited for this.