Spoiler Death Is The Only Ending For The Villain

Discussion in 'Spoilers' started by LockedPuppet, Dec 20, 2019.

1. aether.kye

aether.kye Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can anyone translate the Side Stories because I’m so curious? It's such a pity that I can't go on kakaopage because it doesn't have the app in my region ;-;

RakaSarkar likes this.
  2. KathyClysm

KathyClysm Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link

Not gonna lie, I need waaaaay more details for the look-back to the OG family. Like, what did they ever actually do positive for her? how did they "stop" the bullies? and if they did, why did she still end up in that crappy apartment she almost died in? when did the brothers accept her?

3. Tiffanyvu00

Tiffanyvu00 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What happens when Yvonne come home? I know she is evil and belongs to a cult, but how and why? I’ve only was able to find out that she went missing when she was young how did she get involved in a cult? How did she feel about her family(the duke family). Also how did the duke and the two brothers treat her when she came back? And how did they treat Penelope?

I know in the first timeline when Yvonne came back the three kind of abandoned her does it happen again in the second timeline despite all of them warming up to her by now. And everyone one gets brainwashed by the antagonist but what about the prince does he get cursed? When they figure out who was evil how did they react. What happens to Yvonne at the end?

I also read in one of these post that it was a misunderstanding that the duke and the two brothers mistreated her but from what I saw it didn’t seem like a misunderstanding or that they secretly cared for her because the duke did ignore her and was never on her side, the second brother framed her and yells at her that she would never be family, and the third brother didn’t do anything and blames everything on her. They treated her pretty sh**ty I get that they warm up to her as the story progress but it really doesn’t seem possible they cared for her from the beginning. BTW what does she do that was so crazy because the first bro doesn’t trust her because she don’t crazy things in the past in the flash back it doesn’t explain a lot about why they hated her so much what did she do. Did she throw tantrums or was mean to the maids it seems to me she is the one getting bullied, like the incident of the moldy bread who sent it to her or was it the maid that did it themselves to bully her?

shiory, L0GIC, Czarinananana and 16 others like this.
  4. Cyneria

Cyneria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Can someone spoil more about Reynold's development... ?

Tiffanyvu00 likes this.
  5. Jig

Jig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I haven't read that far ahead, but the second bro (I can't remember his name, cause Penelope refers to him as "pink hair" haha) said he went to beat them up iirc. In both lives the second bro is always the one to speak rather harshly to her I think, and there are lots of overlaps between what they say as both Penelope and her original life.

Can't answer your other questions since I haven't read far ahead, sorry!

Spoiler below is just more detailed spoilers about 2nd bro telling her he didn't know her life was that difficult that someone spoiled before!
    Just read it last night, it happens soon after where the current translations are up to.

Her father allows her up to the third floor for the first time in 6 years after she was banned, because he felt guilty that she hadn't eaten anything at the first family dinner she participated in because of her commoner origins, she wasn't taught table manners for nobility and the portions of food were for 3-year olds (I'm hoping I understood it correctly). She left the dinner after kinda being scolded by her father for dropping all 3 of her spoons on the floor because the maid dared to serve her pudding(iirc) for dessert - there's more background here about how the tastes of the duke and her 2 older brothers were well-known by the staff and they got desserts that matched their tastes but only served her pudding - so she was trying to make life difficult for the maid by making her pick up the spoons, dropping one after the maid got up from picking the first then second spoon up. She outright told the duke that she was really hungry and alluded to the mistreatment she received from the servants in the mansion over the years, of them not taking care of her meals and such so she left saying she would return to her room and ask Emily to make her a sandwich she can eat with her hands.

This made the duke feel guilty and it was the last day of the month-long festival. He allowed her up to the 3rd floor where she loved to observe the fireworks from before she was banned so she was there spending time alone until pink hair came in, and started being rude af to her. He asked if she was here to watch the fireworks and make wishes again, apparently he caught Penelope wishing Yvonne would never return so she could stay at the mansion forever, and he brought it up and asked her (accusingly) why she wished for that, blabla, and at first Penelope was trying her best to just seek a way to answer his questions so she wouldn't piss him off and kill her, but he kept it up (asking if she was happy her wish had been granted for 6 years, that she was brought in as Yvonne's substitute, asking until when he had to see the likes of her around the mansion) and she blew up (already frazzled and angry from the dinner, plus bitter memories about how she would never join her previous family for dinner too because she was excluded, her having to eat their leftover food that she would mix together, sometimes it tasted so bad she would vomit and the second brother said she was like a beggar, eating it (negative connotation, no equivalent in english - like someone just scarfing down food) as well as how she spent the past 6 years settling all her meals alone in her room).

Translating the conversation between them (I'm skipping the descriptions and whatever in between) - do take with a grain of salt, I'm not a native Korean speaker.

"... Substitute? Since when did you treat me as a substitute?"

"Then after picking up a rat('s child) of unknown origins, making her a noble lady, how much better do (I/we) have to treat you? Like a royal lady/princess? Or like a queen?"

"Yeah. Try treating me like that at least one time."

"...What?"

"Did you know? If I was in a good mood maybe I'll pretend to be the younger sibling who disappeared for you."

"Hey..."

Affection -2% (It was originally at 10%)

"Don't thoughtlessly babble with that mouth of yours. How dare someone the likes of you ..."

"Why? I'm babbling because I have a mouth."

"Hey."

"You think only you can dislike me? It's the same for me. If I knew I was going to starve in the grand Duke's mansion, no matter how much the Duke asked me to go with him I would never have come."

"Penelope Ekart."

"You're asking how I attracted/tempted (this is hard to translate, there's no English equivalent) him? Just like you said to me, I behaved like a classless beggar."

"Stop there."

Affection -1%

"You, have you ever drank rain from falling raindrops beside a decayed corpse?
    Or the cold leftovers of somebody's food? Scarfed down food that you don't know what was mixed into, that tasted like garbage?
    Not once, right?"

"...Hey."

"You asked why I wished your younger sibling would never ever come back?

Affection 4%

"Because I might return to that time.
    Because I might return to the shitty life of wishing that somebody's food would drop while staring at the street all day."

"...Penelope."

"Speak, I'm listening."

"I..." Affection 7% "That you... I didn't know that you had such a difficult time."

"Of course you didn't."

"... Penelope."

"Because you thought the me whom you scorned was incredibly crafty, to tempt the Duke and occupy the position of your younger sibling."

"That's..."

"Then at least now, I want you to know.
    That when you accused me of being a necklace thief, I was a 12 year-old commoner who couldn't even write properly."

"Even if I were to be chased out of this house, I would only just return to being an impoverished commoner. It's strange.
    You always make me feel like a miserable insect that's below a slave."

"Penel...!"

Affection 17%

After being prepared to die, that was a generous outcome. Although of course, all of Penelope's past that I spilled was entirely a lie.
    'How could I know her past that didn't even appear in the game.'

Taking in the rain beside the corpse, eating the cold leftovers. The appalling and squalid story was all based on the assumption thinking "she must have been like that."
    ... It's not about myself.

6. Tiffanyvu00

Reading List:
    Link
    What chapter do is this do you know?

7. Cyneria

Cyneria Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow tysm for spoiling about this...

8. Kings_101

Kings_101 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    This! I would also like to know any more details available please!
    I seriously teared up here.:cry:
    Penelope must be so exhausted.

Thanks for the spoilers :notworthy:

ariane09, Th.ay, KuranFan and 3 others like this.
  9. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What about her real world family? Do we know anything about them other then them mistreating her?

10. Jig

Jig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's Vol 1 Chapter 4. I'm reading it from ridibooks and not KakaoPage so I'm not sure which chapter it is on there, but in the books each chapter is pretty long.

11. Tiffanyvu00

Reading List:
    Link
    Im reading the translated ver on NU but it doesn’t seem to have that seem on ch 4 I wonder if it was left out or the Tran salvation hasn’t gotten there yet. During that period has she save eclipse from the market yet?

eagerreadergirl likes this.
  12. LockedPuppet

LockedPuppet From the void, the circus horns~

Reading List:
    Link
    You know in the context of other spoilers, that convo still comes across as powerful to me because she really did starve while living with her family in her other life, so even if it's partly fabricated it's still coming from somewhere personal for her.

13. Vardalyn

Vardalyn

Reading List:
    Link
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
    stumblmer, readerz, gotspurs and 12 others like this.
  14. Jig

Jig Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The translated version on NU (linking to Wattpad) might have chapters either following the KakaoPage one or they're dividing the chapter into subchapters, because her visit to Vinter is the end of chapter 3! At the point of my spoilers she has already saved Iklies (following the spelling in the webtoon) - she did so at the start of the festival, so it's been a month or so since.

15. Aina Seira

Aina Seira Princess For Life

Reading List:
    Link
    er, for real? then the bullying and the cold violence are all in her head only?

16. adyaa

adyaa Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing is I have understood from the translation of spoilers in naver and what I could mtl. So yes , she was insecure and felt she was unloved and not included . The bullying wasn’t done by the brothers . They fixed the friends who did it . I am not sure , but yes supposedly the brothers and step father loved her a lot and were looking for a way to cure her .

Also are you trying to be sarcastic ? You don’t even know in what relation I posted that. You probably haven’t even read the entire incident written in the book as well .

Yes , he said he couldn’t stay in world where she loved someone else or something like that.

I read upto 19 chapters of the manhwa , and it’s pretty close to the book till now

Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2020
  17. Tiffanyvu00

Reading List:
    Link
    The first life in the modern world maybe because her brother does get mad at people beating her up and goes and gets revenge but that just gives her more trouble. They do ignore her and never really accepted her but it does showed they care in the last part when she see herself in the real life.
    In the game life her family did not treat her well in my opinion she did get framed for that necklace incident by rennald which caused everyone to hate her (which in a way caused her ill treatment) she got bullied, tormented, looked down upon, stab by needles, given moldy food by the maids. And for the most part no one defended her. Sure Rennald stood up for her for the moldy food situation but the father and first bro blamed her and still wants her to use that maid. The reason why the staff treats her that way because the family treats her that way whether she was directly bullied by them are not, she was mistreated no doubt

18. TuranTHESuperstar

TuranTHESuperstar Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, what happened to her real world family?

19. lazynoodles

lazynoodles Softie for Villainess & BL

Reading List:
    Link
    Wait. Did Rennald accuse or frame her as a necklace thief? If he framed her that's not being a tsundere - that's being an asshole. Please someone tell me I'm wrong.

20. Wr3n

Wr3n Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    no, i'm p sure it was yvonne that framed her. i think rennald just accused her of being the thief.

eagerreadergirl and lazynoodles like this.