Death is the only ending for the villainess's translation quality

Discussion in 'Novel Discussion' started by ImperialNero, May 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImperialNero

ImperialNero Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Whats with the sudden drop on the quality of the translation from chapter 100 onwards?? The translation was really good when it started but now its a huge mess, it's like they ran the chapter on google translate and posted the raw unedited version of it. It's not making any sense, it's painful to read, and it's making me lose braincell for every word i read because it's full of bullshit. If you are machine translating novel, please at least you need an editor, many good novels in this site got low rating because of horrible translation quality.

Hillbilly_fujo and Sutad Aatma like this.
  2. Beer_Kitty

Beer_Kitty Just a very very drunk kitty that likes beer

Reading List:
    Link
    As if we can do anything about them lol.

They can either do better like someone i know or be trash till the end.

Also its unethical to snipe someone elses work here.

Sutad Aatma likes this.
  3. Hillbilly_fujo

Hillbilly_fujo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although I appreciate they took the time to even MTL it and try to salvage it but NGL I lost so many brain cells trying to make it make sense :facepalm:.

Eisvarith Devirea likes this.
  4. LyRogers

LyRogers Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yep, I tried to edit one chapter and it took hours. I needed to refine the setting then edit the dialogues, correct the grammar, and ensure that I am not messing up doing all of the above. Trust me all the chapters are not much better than straight-up MTL. That's why I prefer manhwa, at least I can correct the dialogues easily.

5. yuri_moon

yuri_moon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    as a former editor I can assure u pring novels honestly takes a while cus unlike manwha the dialogues r much more longer and complex same goes for the fact tht it has descriptions and adjectives its honestly such a hassle but honestly as soon as u becme a tler imo even if ur a mtler u do hve to exert sme effort and edit ur tls and ask someone for help if u dont tho i appreciate their efforts as tling [coming from a tler themself] is hard but the thing quality always comes over quantity if u cant give readers a readable tl then whts the point becus ppl will eventaully drop the series

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.