LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz is doing what he can to ease his conscience.
    Redemption would require turning on adla which Heinz refuses to do.
    and they did, right before they Killed Van
    Unless he dies again in Lambda. Not carrying over his skills and jobs would be disastrous for him now.

2. Katherine

Katherine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I just realized this threads has reach 300 pages, Amazing:blobparty:

FussyBadger likes this.
  3. Nakakure

Nakakure REVOLUTION OF VIDA RACE

Reading List:
    Link
    CONGRATULATION. chapter vs lcd page, hehehe.

4. Kysil

Kysil [Just Kill Me Please][Sloth Demon]

Reading List:
    Link
    Just gonna ask... When's the next update?

5. RedHead

RedHead Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Never.
    We are just gonna wallow in despair and suffer from Vandalium withdrawl.
    JK

Paps likes this.
  6. HiroBlaze

HiroBlaze Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's a white lie. Definition is a harmless or trivial lie, especially one told to avoid hurting someone's feelings. Van is no longer in Origin, so nobody is being harmed. Telling the truth is admirable, but its not always the optimal choice.

Hiroto and Endo talked about how they were only successful at killing Van because he let down his guard. It's not a mercy kill, and it would be better for Narumi to think optimistically that Van is living life out there somewhere rather than that the Bravers killed him. It's a very human thing to do. You don't want your loved one to worry or be stressed, so you take up the burden yourself. I doubt Hiroto was trying to be egoistical by telling that lie, if that is what you are trying to imply.

The only people that know that the Undead = Van were Endo, Hiroto, Akira. The rest of the Bravers found out after they died in Origin.

7. cesarakg

cesarakg Well-behaved extinct species.

Reading List:
    Link
    Sounds plausible.

8. DragonkingKyo

DragonkingKyo Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think you can call that a white lie and you never know people have divorced and come to hate each other over lesser think she seem to have a bit of an obsession over Van to the point she named her first kid after him even though all he did was try to save her once. You need to remember that the human mind is a strange thing and people being or becoming crazy, weird, and strange is a theme of this novel.

cesarakg likes this.
  9. cesarakg

cesarakg Well-behaved extinct species.

Reading List:
    Link
    Yandere on the make?

10. Hades

Hades Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes it is my Magic

HunterNapk1n, diamonds and RedHead like this.
  11. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd agree with this. Also, it's not just "the Bravers" in general who killed him but Narumi was there specifically. So it would be pretty plausible for Hiroto not to tell his wife on the grounds that she'd be really upset. Some people would say "I wish you hadn't told me" (though I suspect not Narumi). I can also understand them not telling the Bravers in general - it would undermine the organisation. Basically, there's no upside.

Some people seem to treat Hiroto and Bellwood pretty similarly. They certainly have some similarities but I think we've seen enough of Hiroto to conclude that he's well meaning but naive and lacking in experience. The harm he has caused seemed unintentional and he seemed genuinely upset about it. He's got a number of flaws but he's not scum (as far as I can tell). Bellwood on the other hand seems pretty much like a natural eco terrorist, or similar. I dunno how much was done intentionally but because of him people have been killed simply for inventing the wrong stuff, or even allegedly inventing the wrong stuff and other moronic things.

12. DragonkingKyo

Reading List:
    Link
    this(there's no upside) it's not about there being an upside or a downside he had no right to keep it from them when they had every right to know and it is obvious he has ulterior motive about not telling his wife after all he is afraid of how would react with the possibility of blaming him because he said he found everyone and don't forget that people don't always think rationally and this novels shows how people can go crazy or lose their mind along with all kinds of physiological disorder(like obsession,etc). About the organisation that from the very beginning was what he wanted for himself while selfishly forcing other into it so of coarse he wouldn't want it to be undermine it is his organisation. Even if he is try to do the right thing he is still selfish in wanting to push other into doing what he wants, not to mention he is blaming death magic for everything that is wrong with that world saying it isn't natural an shouldn't exist(though if it exist to begin with then it is natural even if no one has used it before, I mean death exist(like fire, water,etc) then why wouldn't death attribute exist(like fire, water, etc)) and ignoring that it is the people that is screwing up that world.

13. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    while I don't say you are wrong, you also need to ask the question "is there a point in telling them, what good will come from telling them? If nothing good is coming from it, why talk about it at all?" It is not about them having some kind of right to know but about what helps the offerall situation and telling them doesn't help in any way. And while he is forcing the others into it, it beeing his idea of noble obligation, you can also say that he is protecting them from becoming labrats of the goverment as it happend with van and the 8. Guidance.

14. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, yeah protecting. Van become labrats because his huge mana and no destiny not his cheat. Other chasing their dream too. Also if he really want to people didn't chase against death attribute mana again. Why he didn't announce that they found a monster with code Undead is one of reincarnator? . For example , death mana is one of cheat that can't be acquired any more

15. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    relying on destiny is not something people normaly do, as it does not have any visuale indikator, and you tend to not believe in something if you cant see it or it's effects, cheats = existence confirmable through vision => reliable, destiny = not confirmable through vision => not reliable until confirmed through observation, that is a normal human thought pattern.

in public the undead and death attribute is viewed as evil, so it is not good to say that it is the same as us, for the braves, they want and need public recognition, and if they do say deaht attribute is a cheat then they have to face the demand to explain the 8. Guidance, "they where able to obtain one of your cheats, why can't the same be done with the rest! We want cheats to! We won't let you hog it for your self alone". Not a situation I want to face.

To the govermant, van's huge mana and the missing of any attribute is the same or worse than the cheat's: war potential, cheat's are sure potential even if they can't replicate them, van can only become a big battery at worse. It doesn't make a difference to the labrat part.

You are in a situation where, in your mind, the "will meet" part of your destiny can mean, as part of an experimental unit of two different govermants.

16. DragonkingKyo

Reading List:
    Link
    I am not talking about the offerall situation and it is about them having some kind of right to know. But my main point is Hiroto(if I spelled that correctly) is not as good as he seem and one of the reason he doesn't want to tell the is because he would lose his position as leader and to keep his wife and there is a real possibility that he could lose her as people have divorced over lesser things(and having you kill someone you were looking for isn't lesser) and I know some have said she won't divorce him over it but from what we know she was a little obsessive over trying to find him, even name her son after him and even thought Hiroto was him an the only reason she got with Hiroto is because she thought Van didn't come to that world. So it is possible that she might have a mental breakdown(after people becoming a little unhinged is a theme in this novel) and start blaming Hiroto since he told her without a doubt that he found everyone. After all the mind is a strange and sometime fragile thing and people can easily but blame on others even if they haven't done anything wrong.

17. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    You are only pointing out the negative and seem to ignore the positive reason's.
    As you sad, his wife would be sad most likely suffer form it, to protect her and his child from that he doesn't tell her, would you want your child to grow up with his parents divorce?

there doesn't come anything positive from telling anyone about it, that is why it can't be used to jude him.
    before you say, you are not juding him, let me repeat what you sad: "He doesn't tell anyone only becase of his selfish reasons".
    I can also say: "He doesn't tell anyone becase he is worried about them suffering from that information".
    bouth works and bouth are right, he doesn't want to lose his position and he doesn't want the others to suffer.

18. DragonkingKyo

Reading List:
    Link
    and you are only pointing out the positive and as I said I'm not ignore the positive reasons I know they are there just state the bad ones making sure people know it's not only positive reasons.

19. anteopta

Reading List:
    Link
    there are enough people making him out to be the bad gay on everything he does, to the point of not considering the consequences of their demands.
    Somebody needs to point them out so that bouth sides can be seen.
    and it seems you didn't read the secend part of my comment
    I am not saying he does it only out of good reasons but the bad ones are already pointed out by others like you, so no need for me to point them out. If someone is basing there opinion only on the last commet they read, than i am not sure if that person should be here in the first place, that is why I don't see a problem with leting others point out the bad parts.

20. Nakakure

Reading List:
    Link
    Van-sama didn't have destiny to meet other reincarnator but reincarnator have destiny to meet other reincarnator.