LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Are you misspelling Fascism or is Facism some newfangled term I'm not familiar with?

Paps likes this.
  2. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It was a misspelling, which I will now go to correct.

Paps likes this.
  3. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It's interesting, that aspect just made my opinion that he should die more cold blooded. This guy has been remorselessly screwing over innumerable people to help his group. Letting selfish people with no conscience like that live is just enabling their immortal behavior.

Paps likes this.
  4. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I completely understand you, altough I wouldn't call him the 'bad guy' type instead just the enemy I won't say he is a saint but at the very least everyhting we have been shown of him doing is served only to keep the Empire alive, maybe he is just charismatic that way that makes him less hatefull that a certain useless 'R' God. But what dmired about that tactic of him is the care to the detail that he ensured the death of the worse criminal by having him play the victim, that have to be a statement of how he consider things, making sure to eliminate the more dangerous element first even if it makes him the villain.

5. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    Selfish? You do understand that he's been toiling away at running a literal empire for centuries when it would be better for him to just delegate responsibilities and fuck about using his infinite wealth? No, Mushy's a man with a purpose. He, from his point of view, is doing what's best for his citizens overall using what little power he has. He's not a monster like Van who can move nations with his presence and if he fixes things too much he'll just be assassinated by nobles or clergy, so this actually is his very best.

6. sjmcc13

sjmcc13 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ya, the thing with Mush Mush is he is a ruler burdened with maintaining the empire he inherited as best as possible.
    The ethics you apply when it is just you (and your family) involved are radically different from the ethics of having to be responsible for millions of lives.
    He did not create the mess, and there are too many factors maintaining it or making things worse that he can not remove.

Paps likes this.
  7. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    1 problem with this statement. He didn't inherit the empire, he created it. I mean, we don't know about the kingdom he started with, maybe he inherited that (nothing has been said in that regard) but it is specifically mentioned he's the founder of the Amed Empire.

Actually, this is really not much of a surprise. Throughout history, the only nation period that has actually lasted longer than 500 some-odd years is China. As for empires, they generally don't last longer than about 250 years. So, as for the Amed Empire, it should be no surprise at all that it has existed for only the duration of 1 elven life-span. After all, if it actually did last an entire elven life-span then it would beat out any empire that has ever existed in the real world.

(BTW: This may be a surprise to some, but Japan as we know it has only actually existed as a nation for a bit less than 150 years. The Showa era is the beginning of the modern political boundaries that make up Japan. Before that, it was a bunch of ununified warring local territories until Oda Nobunaga started knocking down all the other war-lords, created an empire, and then after his time that empire unified into a single cohesive nation that covered all land on the main land-mass of the island we now know as Japan. FYI, an empire is defined as a government that rules over other governments. These are significantly less stable than nations, which are one united government. So, stabilizing an empire into a nation means completely eliminating the subordinate governments and making their land part of the main nation.)

EDIT: (2nd note. There is a difference between an empire and a confederacy. A confederacy is similar to an empire in that it is several smaller governments banded together, but an empire forms due to military conquest and occupation while a confederacy forms due to mutual acceptance and cooperation. So, in that sense, Van actually is not an Emperor, he is the president of a confederacy, Lamba just doesn't have the words for that and Van doesn't have the political knowledge to correct them. Confederacies are also more stable than empires due to the more cooperative nature of them. Also, the United States is an excellent example of a confederacy. Although, the US is a democratic republic that takes the form of a confederacy where as Van's area is a monarchy that presides over a confederacy.)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  8. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Where is that mentioned? His first listing in the EoV Character page says current emperor implying there have been others, and as far as I remember the empire is supposed to be around 1000 years old.

Paps likes this.
  9. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The thing with kingdowns vs empire is quite simple, really. If we speak about an empire we usually assume a massive entitiy with multiple ethnicities or at least cultures with one of them supressing the others. But in reality the question whether you were a king or emperor boiled down to the simple fact that, if you proclaimed yourself an emperor, and had the power to make everyone disagreeing shut up, you were one. If you didn't you either didn't claim the title, or gained the power to do so soon after (its something the ambitious guys and girls do).

Reasons for that? Well, an empire is usually in a constant state of expansion. Why? Because something needs to hold it together, be it ecnomic benefits, or outside threats. And war is the means of choice to get both.

10. sjmcc13

Reading List:
    Link
    Sorry for the double post
    While the roman empire only lasted a little over 400 years (which is only if we do not count the just under 500 years where it was a republic and not an empire, with the only real difference being who was at the top) before splitting into to due to growing to large (seriously if fell due to being to large for their ability to send messages) the eastern empire survived for more then a thousand years after that.

Carthage lasted for nearly 670 years.

How about Egypt which lasted as a nation for multiple milenia.

11. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Marshukzarl definitely isn't the founder:
    https://lightnovelbastion.com/release.php?p=824
    Marshukzarl isn't "First Emperor Balschmidt" and I generally get the impression that he had to fight for his succession rights. I dunno how long the Amid Empire has been around for but it's at least 100s of years - the Orbaume Kingdom actually split off from the Amid Empire 100s of years ago, which means it's at least been around that long.

We don't know much about Marshukzarl but he's over 100:
    https://lightnovelbastion.com/release.php?p=1227
    His life expectancy hasn't been stated but half-breeds are said to live for around the average of their two parents. Elves live for up to 500 years so that'd put his life expectancy at around 250-300.

12. Waaazzap

Waaazzap Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I looked back on the chapter and realized I was greatly exaggerating his dirty actions in my head. Him dying isn't nearly as important as I made it out to be.

I do still consider his actions selfish though. He is obsessed with protecting and improving 'his' nation. I don't believe he cares about his citizens' wellbeing, just that 'his' country is doing well. Similar to how he treats his kids. He doesn't care about them personally, it's just important to him that his bloodline is ruling the country and ensuring it stays the 'Amid' Empire in name.

Paps likes this.
  13. heiro001

heiro001 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Something important to remember about Marshukzarl is he is very much built as a foil to the antagonists devoted to some form of idealism like Alda, Bellwood and Heinz. Alda is a character who will use any means to achieve his ideal "goal" (genocide to return to the utopia of the "Age of the Gods"). Bellwood is character who supposedly was devoted to using the ideal "means" even if that meant losing sight of the goal (i.e. continuing a protracted "ground war" with the Demon King that led to all but 3,000 people dying). And Heinz desires to pursue an ideal "means" (become a successor to a hero) and "goal" (end genocide) within the morality system in which he subscribes to, i.e. the ideal teachings of Alda, but unfortunately he can't or won't see said values actually differ from the Vida races he's ostensibly trying to save. (There are more Vida races than he is aware of, Undead have become sentient and capable of coexistence, living in ghettos is also discrimination, etc.)

Marshukzarl is a character devoted to realism and pragmatism. He does whatever benefits his nation and its people the most. And this chapter is probably the clearest statement of how running around playing hero like Heinz or Bellwood, or trying to restore the world to what it "should be" by exterminating all the foreigners and their progeny like Alda, doesn't actually benefit a nation or its people:

So Marshukzarl is selfish insofar as his utilitarian "greatest good" only applies to his nation and its people, and he recognizes he can't go against a god like Alda, but like all characters in this story, protagonists and antagonists alike, he ultimately believes he's doing what's best for the people he wants to be responsible for. He's just clearer on the fact he's doing selfish things to do that than someone like Heinz, who can't see how what he's doing (releasing Bellwood) is endangering the Vida races he believes he's trying to save, or Alda, who doesn't even care what he's doing (preaching a war of genocide) has just put the humans, elves and dwarves he wants to bring back to a peaceful utopia into a 100,000 year war. :sweating_profusely:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  14. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    Which leaves us with Van, who is a living solution to all these problems. He obly has things he can't do yet, rather than things that are impossible because thats how the world works. He breaks every rule to the point he can eat his cake and have it too. He's almost a literal second coming of Christ, only better. Morality doesn't apply when it's a fact that if you let him have his way, everything will be perfect. Thus, everyone's philosophy is deeply imperfect as long as he exists as an alternate path, including the philosophy of the good guys like Vida and Farmaun.

diamonds, Paps, codered999 and 2 others like this.
  15. Katherine

Katherine EvangelineSatanaAnastasiaDewiMiyabiMelatiNefertari

Reading List:
    Link
    btw, did they take any remains of the god he just killed? the god corpse can be a good material to upgrade the Ghost Ship body.
    -The Scales can be attached on the outer hull wall to increase it's defense,
    -The Fins can be attached to the right and side of the Ghost Ship that can fuctioned as Giant Oar,
    -The Tails can be attached to the Rear of the Ghost Ship to replace the rudder,
    -The Hard God bone can be used to reinforcement the Ship Famework/Skeleton and Replace the Mast/Pole/Beam.
    -The eyes can be place in front or in the top of the pole for surveillance.:blob_sunglasses:
    -All The Sharp Teeths can be combined and place it at the front made as weapon to Stab anything in front of it.:blobhero:

With all of those added, maybe the Ghost Ship:blob_ghost: Rank will jump up several Ranks at once:blobjoy::blobjoy::blobjoy:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  16. jerson

jerson Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    the Orichalcum is more resistant, followed by the fragments of the demon king which can be integrated to the undead without problems.
    As for the remains of the gods that kill, I could cook them, they must be delicious.

Paps likes this.
  17. Katherine

Reading List:
    Link
    Orichalcum? did he bring it? i know he have it, but the material are still back in his kingdom and even if he have Orichalcum, he still not yet upgrade his Nightmare Carriage with Orichalcum material, i think it's not used yet because the Orichalcum not suitable for Undead Body? or it will become a Golem not an Undead? because i still not see any Orichalcum Living Armor yet,maybe Van Death Magic mastery lv at now still can't used this material yet?

Paps likes this.
  18. twinklecake

Reading List:
    Link
    Why don't you go write your own fiction if you're so fond of deciding how things should go?

19. Katherine

Reading List:
    Link
    i don't know where you get that idea, but i don't have time for that and i am not so so fond of deciding how things should go. it's LCD, i just type the some possibilities from those chapters, like those evolutions, those event and this upgrade i type, it's just one of possibilities.

and you can also type your own though here about the last chapter here, so i don't get why you type that, maybe it's a joke, cause i see you sometime type a joke, or maybe really an idea for you with a good purpose, a quip/sarcastic comment, or maybe just a random things.

but i do appreciate the reply and if i write a fiction, i will not write about The Death Mage, but a novel withs tags
    -Virtual Reality
    -Second Chance
    -Rebirth
    -Back to the past
    -Dungeon Master
    -Dungeon
    -Skill Creation [in this case creating a Monster, close to novel Maou-sama no Machizukuri!]
    -Crafting
    -Game Element
    -Sword and Magic
    -Ability Steal [in this case not steal directly but replicated it]
    -Sci-fi [the MC himself become part of those Sci-fi that he dreamed, but a bit different to what he expected, because he lost his Elephant Trunk]
    -Gender Bender
    -Artificial Intelligence
    -Goddesses
    -Cheat
    -Level System
    -A Monster Who Levels Up [not only the one that pick monster race or just half monster race, all Monster NPC also can Lv Up and Evolve.(beside monster, any NPC can lv up to)]
    -Evolution
    -Revenge
    -Army Building
    -Kingdom Building
    -Virtual World Conquest

And i am not put MMORPG tags, because there is no plan to nerf someone that so lucky and got so OP, if those player can't accept it they can just quit, it's the world where weak can be strong and the strong one can become weak and world where you can get your dream and a world where your dream crushed.

To Bad i don't have time to write it, but there is a special about this Fiction that i think no one write it yet. The Core Dungeon the MC get have 1000 slot that can add other Dungeon Core he get by destroying a dungeon, from those core added it will increase the dungeon prowess[dungeon buff, debuff, lv that will unlock something, etc], getting the added core specialties such as a new race, new dungeon rule[like If Player Died will drop all equipment and their Gold, if player die the their soul will be sucked by dungeon and prevent them from login for 1 week as penalty, if Player die then their lv dropped by 10 lv, if player died all equipment will be destroyed, if player died they will received permanent curse that will lower all their stats by 50%(can only dispelled by the Pope in the main Church), if the player their Character/avatar will be Destroyed and need to create a new one, lv monster will always 10 or even 25 lv higher than the highest player lv inside the dungeon floor, monster prowess 10 times higher than the strongest player, monster lv and power will increase the more player in the dungeon floor, all player skill dropped by 3lv-5lv or even dropped 1 tier inside the dungeon floor, all player corpse will be revived as their zombie version and received dungeon buff and rule, senses blocked[range from 1-all sense), all kind of magic can't be used in dungeon floor and so on], a new plants( Healing type grass, Poison Type Grass, Element Tree<fire,water,lightning,wind,earth,metal,life,death,soul,space,time,etc>, World Tree, Origin Tree,etc), new building, new terrain and so on. also at certain Dungeon Lv, those monster can come out from dungeon For MC to use as he like.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Paps likes this.
  20. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I actually have a few Death Mage fan-fics I wrote. Unfortunately, they assume you know stuff that's a RAW spoiler. I will definitely post them here though as soon as the translation reaches the points I have based them on.

Paps and twinklecake like this.