LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Proud Weeb

Reading List:
    Link
    Nops, no ノー nai não nen nain non いいえ

No.

You wanna talk about being nice to Vida? Talk about Schneider, he was in similar conditions, he found something wrong, and understood well how things really are.

Heinz is nowhere near the level necessary to be considered as repentance, he just got a useless girl as a self-excuse that he did something.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    ZeroR18, jerson, jemini and 2 others like this.
  2. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She already has title with "empress" in it (Empress Mother). Also, she already has a skill with "emperor" (maybe that should be "empress"?) in it - Life Emperor Magic.

For lols I did image search trying to find something like might be appropriate for "magical girl Darcia" and got this:
    [​IMG]

How could anyone say no to that? (Unless you're on Alda's side)

PS Shame the author never clarified Darcia's attribute values. Those can help compare characters more easily. He did drop some hints in comments though:
    Based on some hints from the author perhaps Darcia's base Vitality is around 1m. Bear in mind that Vida is goddess of the life attribute and basically, life = vitality. You could think of her build as "hyper tanky priestess".

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Paps likes this.
  3. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, from the sound of it, unless she gets hit by an attack of either godlike properties or something like Vans full power Hollow Cannon, she can't really die.

4. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Not enough frills.

Does anyone remember if Legion's vitality was given? I can only find Van's as a reference (which by now is probably past the 100k mark).

5. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The exact number was never given, but they have vitality in the hundreds of millions. They are the ultimate damage sponge especially with the counter curse and ability to easily restore vitality by consuming meat that's been dislodged from the main mass instead of destroyed. They should in fact be able to supply the vitality needed for several dozen majin transformations with ease.

6. Shadowxero

Shadowxero Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it's just a matter of perspective here. Schneider saw something wrong and began talking to Vida's races; ultimately deciding that the one in the wrong was Alda for what were, in Schneider's opinion, the persecution and murder of people who were just very different from those he knew. On the other hand, Heinz had seen the love a humanoid had for another, less accepted, humanoid as being similar to how humans were. While he did not attempt to see the other side, as he seems to believe that Alda has his Godly reasons for what he does, he did understand that his original views were not in line with his own moral compass, and that they should change. Certainly, Heinz has not had the change of heart that Schneider had, but he does seem more open to such a change than before; if Van could look past his understandable rage and talk to Heinz, to show him what Van has seen, Heinz could become the next Schneider. Personally, I'd understand that twist and accept it, but I would rather have Van kill him, as having such a long running personal villain suddenly become a member of Van's group would kind of sour the story for me.

false, Paps and Gin_Hindew like this.
  7. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Proud Weeb

Reading List:
    Link
    By this you mean: It's ok for him to murder people while someone else doesn't show him the proper way as he is unable to reach it himself.

He felt something was wrong? Good, he moved to another place and saved an useless girl as a self-excuse. Now where is the next victim to show him that he did something bad? He could have approached the Scyllas, why didn't he do it? Cause they are monsters? All he is doing is saving people in Orbaume...

Eh? Is there anyone to be saved there besides his useless baggage?

Can this guy only learn if someone teaches him? And he is supposed to be an adult? And people are giving him pity?
    SOON

false, tirirism and metazoxan like this.
  8. metazoxan

metazoxan Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think your wrong. I understand you but I feel you are overlooking a few things.

first of all Schnider saw somethign was wrong and sought out the truth which is how he ended up siding with Vida. Henz just felt guilty murdering a mother and child and developed an identity crisis which he resolved by modifying his own beliefs as he saw fit.

The difference here is while Shinder attempted to seek out the truth to understand, Neinz just wanted the self satisfaction of resolving his guilt. This can be seen both in how he conveniently take in a dhampire girl as well as the fact he still kills ghouls and such without mercy even though they can talk and have villages. Meaning he didn't truly change. He still blindly follows Alda's teachings and persecutes other races. He just persecutes a few less than he did before.

Overall he's not a BAD person but it's a bit much to say he's comparable to schneider. He's just a self richeous idiot who does heroics to make himself feel better. As long as his conscience isn't bothering him he won't bother to question anything he's doing.

jerson, false and Paps like this.
  9. ssj4maiko

ssj4maiko Proud Weeb

Reading List:
    Link
    Here is what should happen in the future:
    Van and Heinz meet face to face, each side has all their gods on their side, currently that would mean Alda on Heinz side (since Nineroad is a coward), and on Van's side we have Vida, Zuruwarn, Ricklent, Zantark and Farmaun, and why not, some friendly nice evil gods too.

Heinz: "I want to talk!"
    Van: *glare*
    Vida: "We have nothing to talk with Alda's dog!"
    Alda: "Go Heinz, kill the Demon King Vandalieu and we will then deal with these crazy gods!"
    * Battle starts, Heinz gets fucked up hard *

Heinz: "Wait! I never signed up for this!"

He is Alda's dog now, poor him that Alda made him into this, but that's what he is now.

10. twinklecake

twinklecake Professional Freeloader

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe he can go turncoat, feed Van useful info on where Alda and his crew keep the good shit.

Morality aside, I think Van would kill him by default, but I also think he'd spare Heinz if his mom asked him to be lenient. And I can totally see Darcia saying something like that because of some sort of idea she has about what it means to raise a kid, even though she, her kid, and all their friends are quite literally insane.

I'd be satisfied if there was some sort of punishment that didn't equal soul break. Maybe turn him into a particularly wretched or feeble type of monster or something. Of course, all of this depends on him not doing anything more to expand his entry in the Shitlist.

11. Shadowxero

Shadowxero Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, no; it's not okay. What I meant was that there was and still is a chance for him to understand that his belief and blind following of Alda are wrong. Yes, he didn't approach the Scyllas because he thought they were monsters, it's very hard to change your world views by yourself, even in the age of the internet, let alone an era where almost nobody travels anywhere and where stories become fact. Plenty of adults have to have someone else say they are ignorant and teach or argue with them, that's part of how you learn. I don't pity him, I honestly dislike him for the a fore mentioned blind faith in Alda, but I'm trying to see him in a different light. No, there aren't any other non-humans that we know of in Orbaume, but he can influence how people see other non humans. He is wrong, but is ultimately different from someone as broad minded as Schnider in that he can't see how he is wrong or what he needs to do to become a more accepting person.

Well, we see Schneider in the here and now, where he understands his previous actions were wrong and that he became a hero to Vida's races, but back when he first started? He probably was much like Heinz. Granted, he decided on a different way of fixing his perceived wrongs by attempting to understand the other side while Heinz decided to just bury his personal guilt. If they had chosen the other's way though, it could have been Schneider who killed Darcia while Heinz tried to save Vida's races. I think of them as the two sides of a coin; one who chose understanding, and one who chose their own feelings. The two sides of the same coin that make Van who he is now, a logical person who uses his feelings as part of his logical processes.

false likes this.
  12. tirirism

tirirism Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Heinz has some awesome Light Magic so he would make a great research material. He could also be used as a tool to grind Light Magic resistance. He could also be turned into an undead to study if undead can use light magic. Now THAT, is something I'd like to see.

13. spycho357

spycho357 Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that darcia is back, my most fervent wish is to have van go full blown god and start turning alda's faction into undead followers.

14. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Darcia has the capability to become queen cause she is the source for a new race and the fact she can convert any type of elf and also human maybe. And the more she converts the more her "Strengthen Followers" skill level will go up.:blobhero::blobhero::blobhero:

What no one talked about yet was that skill "Self-Enhancement: Vandalieu: Level 10". Think Van was a momcon, I think we have a soncon on our hands here.:blobpeek:
    Also about that title that she got: empress mother, does that mean that she an empress or that she is the mother of one and could be wrongly translated.:blobconfused:

false likes this.
  15. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It means she's the mother of one, but holds the same authority as if she were the empress. Empress Mother or Empress Dowager is for widows of Emperors or mothers when the child to become Emperor is too young to actually take on the full mantle and responsibility of being the Emperor. Like Cersi from Game of Thrones is an Empress Mother on both account of being a widow and being the mother of the Emperor while he's too young to truly rule on his own.

Gin_Hindew, Paps and BlackPhoenix like this.
  16. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    just want to remind everyone of the reason heinz is doing the trial of bellwood. to get a face to face with alda and ask him about his belives. it is not that he doesn't understand that something is wrong with his belives, he just doesn't want to be wrong (something very natural for a person), so he seeks confirmation from the source he belives should know best.

17. BlackPhoenix

BlackPhoenix Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Thank you sir, very informative.

18. kari-no-sugata

kari-no-sugata Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yup, and to add to the above, anyone interested in an official reference can see this:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empress_dowager

The term doesn't come up in Western literature so much since the term "emperor" doesn't come up so much. The more common equivalent in the West would be "Queen Mother". For example, the mother of the current Queen of the UK is/was referred to as the Queen Mother.

Incidentally, there were a number of times in Japanese history when women held the real power at the top, typically the case when it was the mother of the official emperor. This generally stopped happening towards the end of the Nara period as Japanese culture became more patriarchal. More generally, it's actually been very rare in Japanese history for the official Emperor to be the individual with the greatest political power, even outside of the shogunate periods. Often there was someone else who was the real "power behind the throne" - typically a previous emperor or empress, or in some periods the head of a certain clan (the Fujiwara being the well known example). The succession was often quite chaotic as well since most of the time there was no official order of succession - until more recently there were no rules saying that older children had priority over younger children, for example. Because of this there was often an opportunity for nobles to gain power by taking one side and fighting over the succession was quite common, on both a small and large scale.

In general, outside of the shogunate periods and more recent times, things were frequently very messy in the Japanese Imperial Court. If you've ever wondered why there's so many opportunistic nobles or fights over the succession in Japanese literature, it's probably because of their own history (though I'm sure Chinese history also played a part).

Not that I'm suggesting this is likely in Van-land. After all, he's firmly in charge and his skills help stabilise the society and his rule.

19. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Altough I can see Darcia forguiving Heinz, I can't see Van ever doing it, heck that migth drive him insane completely, so even if Darcia doesn't care about it, she won't be forguiving himbecause that action migth do more wrong to Van that anything else. Beside as it stated already in the novel no matter how mutch good Heinz does, how manny orphans he save, how manny parents he spare, it will never wash away what he already did. By now Van won't kill him to absolve him of any sin or mistake, he will just do it, because he hurted him and he is hurting him back, besides he already did the action, what makes us bee so sure he won't do it again???

20. crazedreader

crazedreader Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Now that Van has his race changed, anybody got any idea how long his life span is? I mean HE was a dark elf dhampir and thus has 3000 - 5000 years life span that came from dark elfs life span of 1000 times 3-5. How long does a goddess love for anyway?

Paps likes this.