LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    Damn this slow update thing. Almost thought there was another chapter out.
    On another note. YAAAY! BIRKYNE!!!
    I wonder what his soul tastes like.

2. Ophious

Ophious Pathfinder kinda fun

Reading List:
    Link
    Wonder if Van is just going to leisurely crush Birkyne or will there be a major battle that will end with the residents seeing Van's more sinister form which then gives an excuse for all those hero wannabes to invade and attack him?

Paps likes this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    The way i see it, Guduranis was an old school Final Fantasy boss, with wide-spread instant death attacks, that needed a windup, and Van is more of a Dark Souls boss, any of his attacks could kill you, no lead up to the attack, just dead, and by dead I mean soul destruction. They were both using brute force to destroy souls, Van just has more he can use on short notice.

Yeah, I see why Birkyne was so cocky about his agents not getting caught, even now, when they are clearly being puppeted, Van has no idea what was done to them.

Ophious and anon like this.
  4. Narr-master

Narr-master Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Oh, how nice of Birkyne-kun to offer himself up just as Van-sama changed jobs. Looks like Dream Guider will get maxed out. Maybe Pete and Kuhl will rank up too. Those rank 14 vamps give stupid amounts of exp.

DragonMage18 and anon like this.
  5. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Truly a master of disguise

Yeah, she would never wear skimpy armor... but skimpy magical girl battle dresses made of metal, those are COMPLETELY different

0000000, tkato and Eddy andres like this.
  6. codered999

codered999 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    They're not rank 14

7. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Dark Souls Bosses generally don't do fast and strong. If they decided to be bs they do other funny stuff.

Also that Vampire just suicided.

8. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Was gonna say Dark Souls monsters, since just any little thing can kill you in one hit, if you aren't paying attention, but that would also seem to be selling Van short, so I said boss instead.

9. surai98

surai98 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Evil God's soul ETA at Van's stomach a chapter or 2.....!!

10. Feng Tian

Feng Tian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Monsters dont kill you in one fast shot either. Despite its reputation Dark Souls is a very fair game in most instances (minus bs like bed of chaos or capra demon).

imafire likes this.
  11. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Seriously, as vampires have doubted so much, if I have seen cult novels sects more organized and with better feelings of companionship.

I wonder if she does not want me to use the language because it is uncomfortable or because she thinks that she will not be able to tolerate the "sensations", on the other hand I like to see that Van, even without possessing sexual desire, is more daring with the girls than his around that a large part of the MCJs while treating them better than various MCCs.

There is a world of difference, flexibility, texture, weight, brightness, but most importantly, it is sure that spies will have a hard time if they decide to go from seeing to playing.
    As someone who has not been able to play the original saga and has only been able to afford 2d games to inspire them, I can say that it is true, even if there was a game that was generally unbalanced it was always possible to adapt to the situation.

there are no truly impossible enemies, except for the supreme paladin of the game Dark devotion, that condemned man had an exaggerated amount of life and the screen was filled with random lights and rays that were imperious to dodge or block well.

12. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    F in chat for the soon soul eaten Birkyne. He was an arrogant fool who knew how to hide well.

Eddy andres likes this.
  13. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Although it will have something that many villains do not have, people remember his name after 200 chapters.

14. Digital Gent

Digital Gent Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Wow, Birkyne seemed to outright show himself to Van in person. I'm definitely curious about his plan going forward, cause just threatening Van with the lives of the orphanage folks isn't really that big a thing considering being dead isn't particularly a problem in regards to being a resident of Taloshiem. Plus it'd be a good way to piss Van off, the totally normal Dhampir that is totally not like an Eltrich Abomination whatsoever.

Is he gonna try and frame Van as being an evil doer towards Vida by making it seem like Van wiped out an orphanage headed by followers of Vida? It sure as heck won't mean anything to folks beyond the Mountain Boundary, but it could further paint Van in a bad light towards Human followers of Vida, and any monster races/Gods hiding within Human/Alda controlled territory. Or maybe he's just trying to broker "peace" with Van, so Birkyne doesn't have to worry about getting killed by Van anymore.

Hmm... Got no clue. Definitely looking forward to seeing whether he just gets curb stomped immediately in the next chapter or not though.

anon likes this.
  15. jemini

jemini Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So, 16 chapters in out of the 25-30 standard running length of a DM novel. Yeah, this arc hasn't been very action packed, but in exchange it's looking like we get 2 MAJOR end-boss level fight scenes to compensate for the lack of overall dealings with the small-time.

BTW:

(Getting close. Getting really close)

Paps likes this.
  16. anon

anon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    if this goddamn countdown aint worth it im praying to van to stick you in a room with alda and rodcorte where they force you to listen to all their "good" ideas.

17. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
    rAMEN!

18. Teutates

Teutates Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    [​IMG]

Pretty sure he missed a few steps in his masterplan.. but we will see what the rest of his plan will be :p

19. Paps

Paps Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Well this chapter ending just prove once again that some really smart people do sincerely stupid choice!!!!!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    DragonMage18 likes this.
  20. -000

-000 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I am fairly certain this has been going on for over 105 pages. After more than 105 pages of counting down, what will need to happen for you to consider it worthwhile?

Paps likes this.