LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. tirirism

tirirism He who dealt it

Reading List:
    Link
  2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Let's thank John U. Thank you dear sir. Wherever you are I hope 2020 will be kind to you in its remaining time.

Shadow Wanderer likes this.
  3. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Haiz.........satisfaction is had. Good combat chapter and it sounds like we’re gonna see something new from Van’s fighting styles. Or I’m missing the curse reference regarding his tongue. Also loved the image of his tongue being pulled out like a hose roller lol.

Shadow Wanderer likes this.
  4. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    there's the fix I needed. Is it just me or does Fitun rely too heavily on his authority? I feel like he should be smarter considering his successful career as a mercenary.

Baldingere likes this.
  5. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the opposite, that he has been using it little, in this combat he has mostly used his swords or the trap skill, although on second thought, using the skills in a massive way is a very bad idea in space if you find yourself surrounded by allies although I wonder if he has a concentrated attack, and he has remained sane even in the face of Vandeliu races that had already opened openings in front of his enemies, his only mistake is to underestimate the scope of Vandeliu's monstrosity and that is forgiven him because as you said, he is a god of mercenaries , not from the adventurers, his style is based on fighting against humanoids not against a Vandeliu

6. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He became completely bewildered when he couldn't use thought tracing anymore, almost like all his experience was useless. He had many feats during his life which must have included dungeon conquests. True Van is an abnormality among abnormalities but to say that Fitun would be so useless without Hajime's marionette is just weird.

7. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I tell you, I did not expect Vandeliu to do something so drastic at all, he knew that he was thinking with the spirit, but turning off the brain and all the nerve endings is completely different, even so I hardly used that ability during the entire fight, so I would not say useless, as I said, it is a mixture in which I underestimate how monstrous Van is and how being a mercenary does not have many skills in combat with monsters, even so it shows that he is much more balanced than heinz, he has An excellent defense, even if he cannot do massive or constant damage, he knows how to break Van's defenses and can trick him and leave him incapacitated even for tenths of a second, as Vandeliu said, if he had the anti-healing or anti-death magic abilities, it would be even harder than it's already being

8. Prothvar781

Prothvar781 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Fitun’s biggest problem is that he’s a “hero” looking for a battle to die in. Japan has a bunch of those stories. Enough so that they bled into the USA and became a few Hollywood blokbusters. You’re supposed to feel sympathy for the poor hero at the start of the tale and then feel utter loathing that hero was ever allowed to breath. But author-san skipped the sympathy stage and went straight to true colors, because Fitun is a cliche.

9. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    That probably has more to do with Norse mythology

10. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    Norse, Greek, a lot of the real old myths are just empowered people, and people can get very stupid about stuff. He wasn't trying to have a death by Van suicide, he spelled it out himself, if he wins he's the hero of the story, and he had some fun in a true life or death battle, that he hasn't been able to experience since probably before he became a god. Unfortunately he just got a reminder that the death in this case is very permanent, if Van does it, but still hasn't thought about what happens when Van eats a god with an authority.

11. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    But even if he's just looking for a good fight to die, that shouldn't impend his capacities and he tried to be as prepared as possible for the fight. And yet he got overwhelmed pretty quickly. Fitun should be experienced enough to fall back on his feets even with Van's unpredictability, shouldn't he?

12. TouchMeLikeASpaceBar

TouchMeLikeASpaceBar [Innocent]

Reading List:
    Link
    He's probably had his soul damaged already in the fight

13. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yoshi just finished translating chapter 237. Still needs editing but should come out soon

14. Conquer29

Conquer29 Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Algo interesante paso en la RAW nuevo capitulo.
    Spoiler Alerta.
    aparece una diosa de la facción de vida que Van detiene con tentáculos gigantes y la diosa piensa que la va a profanar porque lo confunde con guduranis

15. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Two things:
    1. If you want to talk about spoilers, there is a thread for it. https://forum.novelupdates.com/thre...r-death-mage-raws.53163/page-707#post-5823590
    2. Use English.

Prion likes this.
  16. Treason

Treason Active Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I was rereading some of the older recent chapters and came to the scene where the sun giant Talos wanted to request Van if he could name his kingdom from Talosheim to something else, and it got me to remembering some of my Norse mythology. "Van"aheim, according to a quick google search, is a world associated with the Vanir, a group of Gods associated with Fertility, Wisdom, and the ability to see the Future. Now doesn't that sound vaguely familiar?

CountryMage and Baldingere like this.
  17. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  18. coyoteelabs

coyoteelabs Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
  19. ZeroDelta

ZeroDelta Well-Known Member

Reading List: