LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    He was working on it, I can't remember if he has succeeded yet. The laws of physics and magic are slightly different on Lambda, so the recipe would need to be modified.

2. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    If I'm not mistaken, they were gods from rank 9 to 11 who roamed the world in hordes, rank 14 were the elite troops, which bellwood killed with ease and with which he raised a lot of level, but even for the rest, including the other combat champions were tough opponents

without power you mean mana, all beings in this world can absorb mana and store it in their blank space, including dioeses, second, I don't think your power defines your personality and intelligence development, there is a living proof called robcorte Besides, curatos is another contradiction, he did not have direct followers, but perhaps it has more to do with the fact that people thought that the right hand of a great god would have a personality and thus arose that god of archivists without hope in life. otherwise, I agree

He is making mistakes and errors, he is from the group that does not work out the first time, but makes it more rewarding, someone remembers when he was a baby who grinds nuts with a mortar, now he is a mad scientist who is trying to bring to this world one of the greatest achievements of humanity
    everything will come in due time

here I have a song that made me think of knochen and talosheim

3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I think the familiar spirits getting personalities is based on the ten thousand gods thing, anything that stays around people long enough, will eventually get a personality. It just happens faster if you pour feelings and mana into it. As for the monster ranks, Curatos was showing Heinz the highest level monsters, especially the Vida monster races, and they were lower level than Van's ghouls.

4. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    But Heinz wasn't anywhere near the top, right? I thought it was training them while also trying to turn them against Van.

5. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, the monsters that Heinz fought were the weaker monsters at the time. The other guy is probably misremembering.

6. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    They weren't the weaker ones, they were down far enough to get to the ghouls around the level of Basdia's Amazon Queen, and Zadiris' first Princess form.

7. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    What is it that gods gain from prayers? I don't think it is mana, as we never heard about people losing mana from praying. That forms of energy is what I refer to as power.
    Where did I say that their intelligence grows with their personality?? Also with rod we need to be careful as his power comes from the souls that pass through his system not from the belief in reincarnation, so he is less influenced by what people think about reincarnation.

Baldingere likes this.
  8. Uinseannblahblahblah

Uinseannblahblahblah Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe faith translates to literal strength for a god, or if not that, how much they....exist? If that makes sense. Like the amount of influence they are able to bring into the world, through blessings and oracle messages, as wells as familiars for followers to use. The story has said several times that due to the goddess of life not having as strong a religion as the god of order, she can't do as kuch as him, and would lose in a one on one battle.

9. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Maybe it's experience points, and Rodcorte has a pseudo worship relation with every soul that passes through his cycle. None of those souls are supposed to know about him, but they are praying to the ambiguous concept of an afterlife, just as they die. Though i think it is a minuscule amount of mana being donated by the prayers, small enough that people don't notice a difference unless they are very fanatical, sacrificing lifeforce that recovers mp to the gods. It's like the blood of god, they get anemic when they lose too many followers.

Then again, Alda and the other's ability to get info from their believers, could mean that they are mining bitcoin with the processing power of the mortal souls aligned with them. Maybe the sleeping ones don't have enough processing power, to run the programs that would heal their injuries....

10. daxrocket

Reading List:
    Link
    For Rodcorte, belief in the afterlife and reincarnation is not needed. The more souls going through his system, the more power he gets. Otherwise, the presence of atheists would make Rodcorte hound the gods of worlds like Earth and Origin to prove the existence of gods.

11. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She was not sharing it. It was stated that all the other evil gods associated with dungeons except for her were sealed so all the emotions of fear, awe, gratitude (if they found something amazing in a dungeon), etc. were all flowing to her as worship.

12. anteopta

anteopta Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Rick or zuru are also associated with dungeons. One of them is responsible for the treasure in them as a reason for people to go in them

13. lordtalon

lordtalon Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    that would be rick he did it to incentivize people to try to clear them to prevent monster floods

14. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Ricklent did do that, but dungeons aren't part of his faith so he's not getting any worship value from it.

15. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Faith influences the power of the gods. There was no ranking system for the Gods of Lambda, since doing so would result in the majority of prayers being focused on the already powerful gods. A sort of countermeasure against 'the strong get stronger while the weak get weaker' situation.

How much of that system is actually working is another matter. Alda doesn't officially declare himself 'Ruler of the Gods', but there is almost no difference since anyone with opposing views are denounced as 'evil', 'corrupted', or just 'misguided'.

16. daxrocket

Reading List:
    Link
    You know, the whole no ranking system for the gods never made much sense to me. The concept of the great gods already implies that they are stronger than the other gods which means that there is already a system that separates the gods in terms of strength.

Even on Vida's side, most people who pray to the weaker gods also pray to Vida which makes it so that Vida naturally becomes more powerful faster than gods like Fidirg.

The only thing I can think of for it to make sense is that the no ranking system thing is just to appease the weaker gods while allowing the great gods to keep their strength.

17. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    It's just a pyramid scheme. "We're all equal, as long as you pay a portion up the ladder."

18. Gin_Hindew

Gin_Hindew Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    i see it as faith increasing the hard mana/divine-power cap of a god, as in every extra believer gives you 1 extra point and you still have to wait for it to refill if you use it
    since rodcorte needs no faith but souls going through his reincarnation system, then its safe to assume faith is just a connection with a soul and the more souls a god is connected to the more his cap rises

19. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    OR it's a hand-me-down from back when there was only 8 (or 12, I can't remember) main gods. Everyone was equal and could roam Lambda as they please.

I don't know if the 'no ranking system' idea existed back then or if they were just considered equal as a sort of 'common sense'. But the half-assed 'strive for equality' is definitely from Alda living in the past. However, combined with Alda's authoritarian views, the result is similar to Animal Farm's "All are equal, some are just more equal than others."

20. DarkZealot

DarkZealot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The saddly ironic parallels of Alda and many historical tyrannical leaders seem to slip under the radar it seems. A classic example would be the mustash model himself. Not anywhere near a perfect example, but close enough to get the flavor of tyranny.