LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Those Basdia and Zadiris would be intermediate in terms of strength at the time of the Demon King's invasion. Godwin, a rank 14 battle Majin that has undergone numerous job changes, has said that he would be considered "a small fry that's a little stronger than the rest" compared to the fighting that happened 100,000 years ago.

Additionally, Basdia and Zadiris are rank 13 and that's the same rank as Birkyne, Gubamon, and Ternecia and the other vampires have said that those 3 were cowards and not significant in the overall battle.

Also, sorry about the late reply, I didn't see your reply.

2. xacual

xacual Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    So far only the "Great Gods" have been able to bless Van, despite the fact that a majority of them are super weak, like Vida has been on the verge of death as a power level for 100k years, but was still able to bless Van. Gufudgarn despite being Great God tier in power could not bless Van, though maybe that has to do with her seeing herself as his subordinate.

Nakakure likes this.
  3. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I think that what is referred to with equality is that although there are some gods that are stronger and with more followers than others, in the end they are all still the same class of beings, with their advantages and responsibilities. The objective of the non-classification system is that humans do not choose the gods on their own, but by their doctrine or in the case of races such as elves, dwarves and life, by their creators.But in general, the gods preferred quality over quantity, it is now due to the need of many gods and faith that alda changed things a bit to make them look invincible and in a certain way it is understandable
    The reason why so many people pray to the great ones is because of 1, they are the creator gods and they were the ones who gave life and knowledge to the races, 2 because their doctrines are general unlike other gods that serve objectives and specific jobs

4. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know about the others, but Vida was only able to bless Van by adding a part of Zakkart's remains and secretly slipping it in. Even still, the blessing didn't show up on the status screen.

I don't know if it is because of the curses or what, but the only blessings shown to appear on Van's status are the ones by a group of gods. I remember Vida stating that it felt like her blessing sunk into a deep pit (or something :unsure:), so she had to use Zakkart's remains as the main 'vehicle' to transport the blessing. I think the idea was that, since Van is made up of the souls of the creation heroes, the fragments of Zakkart's soul carrying Vida's blessing would not be regected.

The reason Van became a Dhampir is because of Vida interfering with his reincarnation while trying to bestow her blessing.

Nakakure and Baldingere like this.
  5. Mastine

Mastine Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    She passed him the remaining knowledge in Zakkart's corpse and her own blood. After failing to directly bless Van. Vida's blood is why he was born of her races I would assume. And Damphir because all vampires, and ghouls, directly descend from Zakkart.

6. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't think it was the blood of Vida or the flesh of Zakkart that made Van a Dhampir, i think that sort of thing was already set in motion when Vida grabbed his soul. As soon as she noticed him, she pulled him to her, adding him to her cycle of reincarnation, and he was just born into a Dhampir naturally. If Rod had dropped that soul at any other time, Van would probably have died with his mother, and we'd be following the adventures of some strange Dark Elf or Majiin, that's the reincarnation of Zakkart.

7. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I think it was implied that Vida taking Van's soul into her cycle of reincarnation sped up 'disaster factor' (my term) of Van's life, but allow him to retain his memories a lot sooner.

Rodcorte wanted Van to take his own life, so he was probably going to suffer over the first 5 or so years of his life. Along with the curses, Van might have died before even awakening his past life's memories or just not seen the point of living after he regains them. IDK, Rodcorte doesn't really think any of his plans through or none of this would've happened.

Baldingere likes this.
  8. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Not necessary for it to be delayed like that, Rod's curse would probably have taken effect immediately, in any other setting. If it weren't for Darcia, Van probably would have ended up like the reincarnated doctor in Otoko Nara Ikkokuichijou who was born into a family so poor that they starved him to death, just locked him in his room, despite him having memories of another life, and being able to calmly think of alternatives there was nothing he could do. In other words, I think Rod had stacked up misfortunes that should have killed Van outright within a month, or made his life miserable enough that he would kill himself, but Darcia, the Dhampir ability to drink blood, and Van's proficiency with Death Magic got in the way of that.

9. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I don't know, Rodcorte didn't really see Van as a threat back then. He just wanted results while putting in the least amount of effort. So, as fixing his mistakes was too much work, Rodcorte casually made some curses to encourage Van to kill himself off. Van himself commented on how the curses had a whole bunch of loopholes and the Gods noticed his high mana is due to the curses 'opening up more space'.

The misfortune issue is due to Rodcorte's original mistake, giving Van's fate and powers to the other Amemiya Hiroto (I think is his name). Rather than Rodcorte cursing Van with misfortune, it's more like he was just never given any good luck in the first place.

10. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's a stack of misfortune already, every body has some small amount of good fortune, everybody except Van. Then you add in the no direct experience curse, where even babies can get a level up from eating houseflies unintentionally, Van can't, nothing He does will gain him xp. If that weren't enough, had he been born as a pasty white human with his dead fish face, he would have likely been abandoned in the woods early.

But wait there's more, if he manages to survive long enough to regain some memories, he still has the curse that keeps him from carrying over experience from his previous lives. So he shouldn't be able to regain any of his old skills, even if a bump on the head got him back some memories. Rodcorte doesn't think these things through, but he also wasn't aware it was possible for Van to have carved his memories, and experience in general, into his soul. So Van bypasses a couple of the nastier curses just from what he did to keep his sanity on Origin, but it took a lot of work and some extreme emotions to deal with the others.

11. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Is the misfortune thing your outlook on life or actually from the novel? Because I don't remember anything that stated everybody has a whole lot of misfortune, with a dash of good fortune.

Also, for the curses:
    No Direct EXP: As a Tamer, Van would've been able to bypass that curse. Even as a human.

Past Life Abilities Not Carried Over: As you stated, Van's soul had been imbued with Death Magic. It was to the extent that Rodcorte, the God of Reincarnation (aka souls), couldn't do anything about it. So, combined with the fact that magic on Lambda is slightly different from Origin, Van was able to use Death Magic still.

Cannot Take Any Known Jobs: This right here is the kicker. If Van had been raised as a human, this is the curse that would've stopped him in his tracks. The only Jobs available to Van would be Death Mage and its advancements. Without his experiences as a Dhampir, Van wouldn't even of had his Death Path Enticement Skill. Also, this curse locks out the regular Tamer Job. So, unless he found some unknown variant, Van's first curse would've come back with a vengeance.

Eddy andres likes this.
  12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    No, it's not my outlook on life, it's stated right at the start of the story, just before Van's life on Origin, that everyone has some small positive destiny on them, rodcorte usually adjusts it up or down, but for Van there wasn't any to give after piling it all on Hiroto. Van's luck was left empty, which invites more misfortune than you would be able to get by just giving someone bad luck. It's why he tried to back out of being reincarnated the first time.

No exp is a killer already, everybody kills things from birth, so most people have a few levels by the time they are old enough to leave home. You step on ants, swat flies, and people tend to eat spiders in their sleep; in a world with experience points it should be impossible for a level 1 to stay that way, or survive for very long. There are loopholes, like Van found with his golems and undead, but normally that would have gotten him killed the first time another child came in contact with him, if they tried to play with him like other children, or tried to bully him.

As for his Death Path Enticement, as you put it, he already had that on Origin. It's not part of his Dhampir abilities.
    The loophole on the jobs is another example of Rodcorte not thinking things through, when he put it on Van, he probably expected it to block all jobs, rather than only giving him unknown ones.

13. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    It would have been interesting to see Vandeliu born a ghoul, possibly it would be a skinny white ghoul that looks more like a wolf than a lion, but even so they would have accepted him in the village, even more when they saw that he can do magic, but when they saw that Can he cure her sterility? Van would have died, in a flood of ghoul girls.

Also thinking about it, Van would not have died instantly in this life even without awakening his consciousness, he would have been sold by hunters, the fate after that could have changed, death at the hands of his owners, death at the hands of hunters from Alda , captured or killed by vampires, there could even be good scenarios, be bought by a good family or even a decent noble one, the worst scenario in which the swords of the five coleres met the hunters, rescued him and be raised by Heinz (by far the worst scenario) and the best scenario for me, auctioned and rescued by the sheets of 5 colors who found out that they were auctioning a baby dhampir and had to go to distribute democracy and end up either raising it themselves or investigating and delivering it to darcia's parents

CountryMage likes this.
  14. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    I believe Van gained the Death Path Enticement Skill due to his raging emotions while trying to prevent Darcia's soul from moving on. Whether he would've gained that skill as a human is debatable, but still very unlikely. The Golems are a good point. Van probably would've learned how to do that while practicing Death Magic, even as a human.

Also, you keep saying how children kill insect and spiders so they should be higher than Lv.1. But that's not true. Humans, elves, and dwarves don't possess Rank Levels, only those with monster ancestry have them. They only have Job Levels. So, without a Job Change Station, they won't randomly be gaining levels. Because they don't possess a Job to level up in.

15. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    Death Charm was the ability that drew the spirits of the dead to Van, back on Origin. It's how he learned about the world around him from inside his cell.
    Everybody has a job level, even if it's just for the Villager job, you need to pay for a job change to change to something else. So anybody can get some stat increases, from surviving all the stuff that challenges their immune system daily. The Vida races born after the war with Guduranis also have a Monster Rank though. So everybody has a level, even at birth, with some people having two.

16. KageTokage

Reading List:
    Link
    Huh, I always viewed Jobs (and Ranks) as artificial. That's why you need a special Job Change room. Monsters themselves were already artificial, being created as tools, so they meshed with Ranks better than the natives of Lambda did with Jobs.

So, I thought nobody had a Job until they came of age.

17. Darquesse

Darquesse Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    To clarify, everyone has a "level" at birth, but they don't have a job. Only by getting that "level" up to 100 can they pick a job in a job change room.

18. spycho357

spycho357 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Many people including van say Van is insane, however, the baseline is incorrect. There has never been someone with a mind like Van's the structure is unique and continues to evolve. This ironically makes him nearly if not completely immune to mental attacks, and the strange shape of his soul does the same for soul-based attacks. He is the only known person who can consume his own soul and recover from the damages. So with that in mind, his mind and soul are very resistant to damage leaving only his fleshly body If Van becomes strong enough as a demigod to overcome that deficiency he will effectively become impervious in that realm. He regularly associates with gods and great gods, he regularly travels via soul form to earth, he is inexorably traversing his own path to godhood (ironically through the actions of his followers, mostly the lich priest who keeps spreading his religion). Soon Van will be a literal peak existence god that just wants to make walnut powder and cola.

Eddy andres and KageTokage like this.
  19. Kruger

Kruger Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    where are the chapters ?:unsure::(

20. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    That's not entirely true though, as Tarea, and Fitun's familiars can tell you. There's probably a compensation for switching early, but you can change jobs without reaching 100, or be forced to if the legal system decides you need to.