LCD Death Mage

Discussion in 'Latest Chapter Discussion' started by lygarx, May 21, 2017.

1. Eddy andres

Eddy andres Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Alda if he wants to return the world to its previous state, only that before that he wants to purify all alien traces, and he is doing it at a snail's pace because in his opinion he has all the time in the world (although we know that not, humanity is increasingly weak, while the races of Life, monsters, evil gods and vampires have more and more level and accumulated power)

2. Baldingere

Baldingere Roseau pensant

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes, Alda and Vida had very different values and he never accepted the good evil gods. But it should still be one of Vida's prerogatives to create life and a as a god, she's allowed to make a whole new intelligent race or even a bunch like here.
    So she might be doing something he morally can't agree with, but she respects the law. He's not supposed to interfere.
    But he just decides she's not allowed to do that anymore and punishes her. That's obviously sick behavior for a god of law. He's playing both legislator and judiciary. He can't both decide the laws and apply them, that's way to authoritarian. Yet he does it and he makes his new laws in secret (like bruh, if you don't tell people what is forbidden and what the punishment is, that's totally unfair and (normally) not allowed) and makes them retroactive (wich is bull*hit, you can't punish people for a crime that wasn't a crime at the time they did! It's like I kept a brown dog pet but sadly he died, ten years later the government forbids brown pets and I get punished for having had one, that's totally bullsh*tting people). And after acting against the law and order he's fricking supposed to embody, he keeps going thinking he's the good guy for thousands of years! That's not what they meant when they said justice is blind!

Eddy andres and DragonkingKyo like this.
  3. CountryMage

CountryMage [XSanguine8] not my blood...

Reading List:
    Link
    He wants things to go back to the way they were at the beginning, absolute Garden of Eden levels of population, completely managed by the gods, and basic technology level. Just letting the population grow, may revive the other greater gods, but it won't do anything for the rest of his plans.

Paps likes this.
  4. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    He can be judge and jury though, it's in his job description, he makes the laws, and has the Stakes to enforce it on other Gods. The problem with making monster races, is that on the one hand they promote the corruption of the ecosystem, and on the other, it puts more souls out of the reach of Rodcorte. So looking at the bigger picture puts Alda in the right, but he was a dumbass about it. Looking beyond the picture, like we the readers do, you see that Vida was doing the right thing, because Rod is a moron that will eventually destroy all creation.

Paps likes this.
  5. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Well, there's also the fact that more than creating new races, creating a new and less reliable reincarnation system was what he was against. And yeah, it was a pretty reckless idea, prone to scare to death a unknow-fearing god like Alda. But as creating a new reincarnation system probably hadn't been considered before, there probably weren't any law that forbid it. And I'm pretty sure Alda wouldn't be allowed to create new laws in function of his own world views. He did it anyway, but I think he's the judiciary power but not the legislative. The gods probably created the laws by discussing together. So while Alda has his own justifications, like in a world where only two gods where left, Vida shouldn't have gone off on her own doing wild stuff with a barely fonctionning system, I believe that as a god of order, he went beyond his authority and what he was allowed to do.

6. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    The first gods had very broad authorities, Life, Law, Fire, Weather, Magic, Time; and so Alda was in charge of all the processes involved with his Domain of Law, which has since branched off, to create new subcategories, with his familiar spirits getting elevated to positions where they manage those other sides of the Law. Van has already taken out Alda's ability to gather evidence, by killing Curatos (God of Records, branched directly off Alda), but he still has more Law based authorities.

Paps, Eddy andres and Baldingere like this.
  7. Baldingere

Reading List:
    Link
    Makes a lot of sense. Then he is allowed to do that I guess. Well, there wasn't any trial or right of defense, but he can make anything work as law not matter how unfair it is. That really annoys me. He clearly doesn't make a good judge and yet! :blob_catflip::blob_thor::blobcurse::blob_thor:

8. Jay Corridor

Jay Corridor Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Gonna be honest man, I think Hiroto will have alot more obvious things to take shit with long before something as not-obvious as using continuously regenerating corpses as spare parts comes to the forefront...

Baldingere likes this.
  9. Tarrian

Tarrian Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Yeah, like the undead. All the heroes and everyone else flips their lids over the undead, that he's just playing with dolls, without ever bothering to actually LOOK at the undead around him. They're people, just regular.... err, not regular, super irregular, extremely powerful people. They're not puppets, but that's all Alda's faction, Asagi, Heinz, and everyone else assume. I'm sure Hiroto will immediately fall into that camp.

hillo315 and Baldingere like this.
  10. Haruka280

Haruka280 Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    I want to think that at least Hiroto would have a different reaction than the rest because for one if all people reacted the same it would become pretty boring and I gave Densuke more credit as a writer than that and two I wanna believe that him having to deal with Mei as a death mage and all the whole deal that is Banda it will give him a new personal view on the matter even if it is one negative. At least he can have some concrete evidence and repercussion to support his hatred than the whole "we just hate this bc it is bad, Why is it bad? Don't know but it is Bad" and that could bring a new discussion to the table.

11. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    I'd like to believe that, but I have a hard time imagining it. Hiroto has a fatal case of Hero disease, that he's the One Way, and that any other way is wrong and should be corrected. Just look at how he forced all the other reincarnators to gather together and form a hero party regardless of their own wishes and desires.

Sure, he could claim it was for all their own good, that what some of them were doing was wrong and when they got caught they'd end up screwing things up for the rest of them. But... really? Would they really? If he hadn't forced everyone to come out, many of their powers would be unrecognized and undetectable by the powers of Origin. Even if they WERE, why was it his 'duty' to 'serve the greater good' by forcing his will on the rest?

He may not be as blind and bullheaded as Asagi, but I'd say he's probably closer to Heinz and Alda's side than ever being willing to side with Our Lord and Savior in this year of plague, Van-sama. Especially when it comes to death mana and the undead. He has all the 'proof' he needs that both are bad and irredeemable so it'll be time to fight the good fight!

If anyone, I'd think that Narumi might be one to see both sides of things. With her power to bind people's thoughts together, she's shown more empathy than her husband and reluctance when it came down to killing the Eighth Guidance.

12. CountryMage

Reading List:
    Link
    You misunderstand his arc then. He had to gather the other reincarnators, because Rod had set it up for them to all be forced into the open, and a couple of the stupid ones had already spilled the beans. His hero disease was basically cured by the loss to the Eighth Guidance. Pluto's sacrifice to save Narumi and Mei showed that his heroism was shallow, confirming what he was starting to suspect since his terrible decisions created the Eighth Guidance in the first place.

13. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    We haven't seen enough post-Eighth Guidance arc to have an idea of how he might have changed. I'd actually be inclined to believe that the incident plus the death poisoning at the pentagon would make him LESS likely to be accepting of death magic or anything that Van specializes in. One thing we do know is that he's still out there heroing away after the incident, that's how Mei was left vulnerable to being kidnapped.

14. Startarrot

Startarrot Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    Original the greater gods would convene to make decisions together but most of the times alda and vida would argue over what the best course would be. Vida wanted the people to be free and make there own choices. She treated her followers as her children. Alda wanted strick order and authority over people. He treated his followers as employees in a business. These different mindsets have had the two at each others throats for pretty much all of history. Whenever they got into a argument one of the other gods (mostly ricklen i believe) acted as a 3rd party and found some way to compromise.

With no one to keep the two in check it was really only a matter of time before they started fighting even without the extra stuff like evil gods and monster races.

Nakakure likes this.
  15. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    The reason everybody is acting the same towards the undead is because the undead exist on Origin. Monsters don't, but undead do. So the heroes, who were all given a formal education (except Van), were raised on the world-wide belief that the undead are pests. Their thoughts should be along the lines of, "Since the whole world says it's true, then it must be true!" Which is further reinforced by Lambda having a similar view of the undead. (Two worlds support the thought that the undead should be killed. Hard to argue against that.)

I think @Tarrian is right about Hiroto. He's a guy with a hero complex and more power than the others, but that's it. It remains to be seen, but he has a large chance of redemption/improvement once he finds out how manipulative Avalon is. Unfortunately, I cannot see him finding out until it's too late. Though the fact that his two advisors were Asagi, an idiot that doesn't listen to other's opinions, and Avalon, the main bad guy of Origin, there is something really wrong about Hiroto.

On the other hand Narumi, Meh-kun's mother, is all about emphasizing with others and never enjoyed fighting. I can see her going insane over the death of her children and the betrayal of her friends, resulting in her being guided to Van's side.

I really want to see how things play out on Origin, especially since my theory is that Goddess Pluto will give her blessing to Narumi. That would lead to her being captured by the Avalon along with Meh-kun. Maybe Van himself will appear to save them?

lotus.eater086 likes this.
  16. daxrocket

daxrocket Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    While I agree that it was incredibly stupid to have Asagi as an advisor, having Avalon doesn't prove that there's something wrong with him. Avalon had everyone believe that he was a good guy, even Narumi.

Also, his advisors weren't limited to just those two, his biggest advisor was Oracle and that's the best person that could've been an advisor among the reincarnators.

Baldingere likes this.
  17. Haruka280

Reading List:
    Link
    Like I said I want to believe that he would have a different reaction but Im very aware of the possibility of him going the same route of the other. What I would think would determine that more than his hero complex is what is going to happen with his kids, Mei in particular, and maybe what his wife would take from the whole ordeal and how Hiroto would interact with them when he learns about Mei´s magic and the existence of Banda. One thing is to have an opinion about the undead in the abstract sense and another is having to deal with that when is affecting your family directly. Like He would still that undead are evil when is his own daughter making them? What he would think about a ghost being the true nanny of his children?
    Even if his children end up dying, Hiroto still would have to learn about the death attribute from the perspective of his own beloved Mei and that is something that either Asagi and Heinz didn't have
    That is what it let me believe that things can go in a different direction with him because he has a personal investment and a way to learn that the undeads are not truly evil. And yes maybe he would reject his own daughter for the sake of the world or some other bullshit like that but I think is worth considering that the thing that could finally break his hero complex in a good way is the love he feels for his family.

Baldingere likes this.
  18. KageTokage

KageTokage Well-Known Member

Reading List:
    Link
    With how Rodcorte is planning to force the reincarnators to fight Van, regardless of if they want to or not, it may take the choice out of Hiroto's hands.

19. Haruka280

Reading List:
    Link
    Yes but one thing is Hiroto leading the charge from his own free will like Heinz and another thing is him being brainwashed by that idiot God don't you think?

20. Tarrian

Reading List:
    Link
    Hiroto could go either way, and I'd like to think he'd take a more measured, reasonable approach what with Mei ending up with death attribute mana.

I think it'll really come down to how he reacts when Avalon comes out as the bad guy who's after Mei for her magic. Will Hiroto take that as a sign that no one can be trusted with something like death attribute and take a hard-headed hero stance against it to 'protect the world'? That event will most likely see him being shuffled off the mortal coil and into Rodiculous' manipulative hands. Will it allow him to be more easily swayed by Rodidiot as it is clearly the source of all evil and a destabilizing force (strictly from Rodoof and Alda's POV, seeing as Van has stabilized a third of the continent already, and only retaliated against those who threaten him and the ones he loves).

Haha, nah, can't really see him getting off his hero's high horse and seeing reason. Not at the beginning anyway. It'll end up taking a long, painful lesson for him to realize that yes, some people might know better than him.

Nakakure, tkato and Haruka280 like this.